On 6/20 rep informed me that everything was working and tech was unable to duplicate the problem. Each trim comes standard with a 3.8-liter V6 (291 horsepower, 262 lb-ft of torque) paired to an eight-speed automatic transmission. The automaker says it is unaware of any crash or injury reports related to the problem. Kia installed a 7-pin tow hitch harness as a PIO beginning with the 2021MY Telluride . The contact also mentioned that other electrical delays would occur with the infotainment screen. it was the fca and the lane keeping assistance that were the 2 main parts that malfunctioned that risked my safety and the safety of others. Windshield is so thin. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration offers independent analysis. Telluride large SUV, the Georgia plant also makes the Sorento midsize SUV and The front end gives a mean look to other cars while the rear end looks . Click on other model year to view more problems, NHTSA Complaints for the 2022 Kia Telluride, Most Common Problems with the 2022 Kia Telluride. Under the hood of the new Kia Telluride is a powerful 3.8-liter naturally aspirated V6 engine delivering 291 horsepower and 262 pound-feet of torque. Whether youre in sport mode or comfort mode. I was driving on the freeway and a small pebble size object hit the windshield. 9610 Reisterstown Road Owings Mills, MD 21117; Service. When it debuted, the Telluride received a ton of great reviews (from this outlet included) and generated immense interest from buyers. I am unsure why the engine temperature reached critical levels causing the warning and beeping from the car's computer. The forward collision-avoidance assist, fca is the main component that failed on me numerous times before inevitably ending in a car accident. Mike Stevens. This all-wheel drive (AWD) luxury SUV offers key technology and security features like USB charging ports, Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, safety exit assist, blind spot detection and more. If you know the lush life, then you've obviously spent a day or two in the spa, which means you have something in common with the GLB creators as well as its contender in the next class-- the 2022 Genesis GV70-- [INAUDIBLE] some pretty comfortable and adjustable seats with heating, ventilation, and that wonderful massage feature. This is where they build the all-new hit. Ah. Updated on February 20th, 2023Author: Brian Jones, Updated on February 20th, 2023 Author: Brian Jones. Windshield hit with small pebble and crack immediately across windshield never have had happen so easily. I have had many cars get their windshields hit much harder and have never gotten a crack ever, the telluride windshield is known to be prone to cracking and kia wont do anything about it. [MUSIC PLAYING] The activation was unexpected, without any indication of reason, so much so I instinctively pulled the vehicle off the road way and caused damage to the undercarriage and front bumper. I am a disabled father of 3 kids and cannot go back and forth to the dealer all the time when they tell me I can't have a rental car or loaner and then strand me at the dealer 14 miles away from my house. They arrived, and, it took 3 EMTs to extricate my arm from this terrible design. I do not have at this time have an insurance claim number, response from manufacturer or repair invoice. The automaker claims that there's "no holding back," but drivers are very unhappy about the electrical system that causes the instrument cluster screen to fail, windshields that crack spontaneously, and sunroofs that explode and shatter. I did some reasearch online and this same problem has been reported multiple times on kia forums. Ronald is a senior consumer advice editor and content strategy at Edmunds and has also contributed to the Associated Press. type of car you're interested in and then select a car from our massive database to The Telluride is more than an inch longer than the Sorento, and the cabin is even wider. The interior is crafted with high-quality materials for an upscale and comfortable experience. Since the purchase of my vehicle 7 30 2022 & after driving the first several times in the darkness/evening hours & since I have had safety concerns that the headlamps in my vehicle are insufficient/inadequate - not just the normal headlights illumination but also the high beams. It's spacious, affordable, well-equipped,. The Telluride is an impressive three-row SUV. Unfortunately, I ate like, four of these in one sitting. I've inspected buckle and there does not appear to be any debris. This console is too big and too dangerous, she says. I was told it would arrive in 12-16 weeks. Beautiful car and features. They have no estimated time as to when I can replace it. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. It comes with a standard 3.8-liter V6 engine that cranks out 291 hp and 262 lb-ft of torque. An owner from Kansas states that when his 2022 Kia Telluride was parked in the garage the night before there were no cracks in the windshield. I still tell people about how if youd ask me a year ago how I felt about Kia Id probably respond with Kia who?. Several groups of telluride owners report the same problem on 2020-2022 models. Due to high demand and limited supplies, the Kia Telluride is priced incredibly high. Better interior space provides seating configurations that can cover 11 passengers at a time. There is also a strong burning rubber smell after I have been driving. No warning of anykind given even after starting up the car. Sound off and share your experience with other visitors in the comment box below. Immediately pulled off the road into a service station and shut down the engine. This complaint states that the crack is right in the middle of the windshield so it is messing with my visibility and is unsafe., And an owner from Texas says: The car is one week old and developed a crack in the windshield overnight in mild weather. It's been in service longer than it's been with me. Comfortable ride and the gas mileage isnt too shabby for such a heavy suv. The size of the crack grew immensely over the course of just 2 days. The dealership wasn't able to test drive the vehicle at the speed the problem occurs. Kids, carpools, chaos, oh, my! Windshield is cracked and only after 3 weeks of purchasing. The 2022 Kia Telluride has an MSRP of $33,090. It was determined later, that most of the glass was blown outside. 281-539-1111; We're starting out with our luxury subcompact. Now, I'm going to read you exactly what our review says. Compensation for potential legal violations, and any results obtained, depends upon the specific factual and legal circumstances of each case. The model has the same equipment as well as the standard 10.25-inch touch screen and cordless phone charging. The first debut is a special version that drew inspiration from the Texas-inspired collection of fashion designer Brandon Maxwell at New York Fashion.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'suvlifes_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_4',160,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-suvlifes_com-medrectangle-4-0'); Telluride does not provide stock in South Korea because Telluride is the only United States that produces. Its quality and functional nature is really second to none. You've got the 2022 Chevy Suburban, our top pick for the best large SUV. I have reached out repeatedly to the kia assistance number & thus far there has been no action or contact made by any positive measures taken to address my concerns. Whether youre a soccer mom of three, a Lyft driver, adventurer, or just someone who enjoys a gorgeous ride thats comfortable, this car will suit any lifestyle. The entry-level Telluride LX has a $35,690 starting price. Additionally, the dealer informed the contact that they could not repair the vehicle under nhtsa campaign number: 21v577000 (electrical system) since the vin was not included. The features oriented have an otherwise optional luxury and also completeness in some of its competitors. The Telluride has been a runaway hit for Kia since it debuted for the 2020 model year. They say the best things come in small packages. And we love the comfort level of the seats. Because it also lacks a diesel engine option, which is a popular choice in the country. The Kia Telluride has been Edmunds' top-rated SUV for two years in a row. This website is attorney advertising: prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. No warning lights have appeared. Receive pricing updates, shopping tips & more! SAN ANTONIO, October 27, 2022 - Three years after bursting onto the scene as one of the most in-demand and award-winning SUVs in the U.S., the Kia Telluride returns to the state of Texas, where the vehicle's historic success was jumpstarted in 2019 when it was recognized as the "SUV of Texas" by the Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA). It is perfectly sized to accommodate both ease of use in parking and narrow roads while handling truck bed size hauling chores. Usually also in Summer 2021 based on the previous release year. 4. It took 3 emts to extricate my arm from this terrible design. Has only happen once so far. I would like to get the issue resolved as it sometimes sounds like a tire may disconnect. The dealership I bought has had it for 20 days now. Under the hood, the new 2022 Kia Telluride Pickup Truck won't deliver any surprises. The sunroof had been closed before this incident. As I was saying, moving on to the best luxury midsize SUVs. 23. Wow. Problem has been reproduced at dealership on 7/20/2022. There have been recalls on previous Kia Telluride models and others with 2022 models have been experiencing this issue as well. Vehicle has not been inspected by dealership yet as it's about an hour away and we do not feel safe driving the vehicle. Its a comfortable, spacious, and engaging vehicle for daily drives and family trips. I just recently bought a 2022 kia telluride 7 days ago and while driving on the freeway the windshield shattered in the lower corner of driver side. Ah, I mean, who cares about that micromanaging stressful boss when you can hop in one of these after work. There was no police report filed. Lots of leg and head room for everyone. Heard pebble hit windshield - immediate crack - windshield is in terrible shape. None. Crack noticed by owner at roughly 7am cdt on tuesday, jul 5, 2022. The contact stated while his wife was reversing, the instrument panel became inoperable. This car is only 4 months old and I was only traveling about 35 mph at the time and do not feel the impact should have been sufficient to create this type of shattering. No speedometer puts me and others at risk. The car is only a week old with I'm not sure how many miles maybe 250 miles but there was zero warning it wasn't going to work, it just started, I just purchased my car on 7/15/21. The 2022 Telluride features lightly refreshed looks, with a redesigned grille and Kia's new corporate logo placed front and center. This is very helpful in providing comfort and convenience for users. Day 1 of ownership of brand new vehicle. You can run the Telluride's V6 on regular gas, unlike the Atlas, which requires premium fuel to deliver its rated power and fuel economy numbers. It is as safety concern as none of my safety alerts are working. We put the vehicles through rigorous testing, evaluating how they drive and comparing them in detail to their competitors. If you're not a techy, though, you might get a little lost in the Q7's two touchscreen infotainment interface system. The one complaint filed under Seats reports 2 injuries. Sometimes in only last 10-15 seconds, other times it will not stop until I manually click the lock or unlock button. The big new Kia EV9 electric SUV is expected to make its global debut in the coming weeks ahead of an Australian launch due in late 2023. If we look at the official Kia Telluride sales numbers, we arrive at a total production of 63,270 units. Look for specific complaints that keep popping up in the reviews, and be sure to compare the Telluride's average consumer rating to that of competing vehicles. I don't think the windshield is strong enough and it makes me scared to drive in the highways. Seriously, though, starting out, there's more than 40 cubic feet, fold that third row down, and you've got over 90. If the sensor is unable to differentiate between no signal and 0 rpm it should be re-engineered. The 2023 Telluride's MSRP starts at $35,690 for the entry-level LX. I don't believe this is what happened, I think they set something on my car and chipped the windshield. I've had for less than 4 months and a small rock left a big crack after going 50mph. . 2022 Kia Telluride Redesign & Changes Systems such as touch screen infotainment with the integration of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphones. I did so, and found that the belt was shredded and wrapped around the ac compressor pulley. New posts. Driving slowly after just pulling onto a small road and a passing truck kicked up a very small pebble, it cracked the windshield with almost no impact mark, just left large cracks running across the windshield that spread another 5 inches or so having to drive the car to its destination since there was no one in that remote area to call, no cell service either. I have not had this vehicle for more than 30 days only to find out this is a major issue I have to jump through hoops to fix. Windshield already has a 'rock chip' on the driver's side. Many others same issue in the forums I'm in. The contact owns a 2022 kia telluride. Privacy Policy. The other times it had done this to me prior it would only happen 1 time and then it would go back to normal but the date of the accident it continued to malfunction over and over again. After inspecting there was no visible chip and it started right at the top of the glass. The hype is real. Detailed rating breakdowns (including performance, comfort, value, interior, 10 / 10 C/D RATING. While driving down the highway, the sunroof exploded. Sunshade was closed therefore glass did not fall onto us while we were driving. It was not a large rock, probably closer to a pebble. Very impressed by the reviews we went for a test drive. Implementing the Rear Passenger View & Talk performance can allow front passengers to check rear-seat passengers. The lcd display in the instrument cluster that gives information about many adas features stays off. According to Edmunds car experts, heres whats new for the 2022 Kia Telluride: The least-expensive 2022 Kia Telluride is the 2022 Kia Telluride LX 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 8A). 2021 Kia Rio Facelift, Interior, New MHEV Engine Review & Price, 2022 Kia Telluride: Everything We Know So Far | Specs, Interior, Price, Is Simoniz Glass Coat Worth It? The Suburban has a smooth ride, impressive tech, and decent MPG given its size. The vehicle was not repaired. No one near my vehicle and not related to any collison. No airbags in my car deployed. Their negligence risked my life and my children's lives!!! Nearly a year later, NHTSA Campaign Number 22V344000 issued on May 17, 202. Within two weeks the chip had formed a crack and went half way up the windshield, turned, and went almost all the way across the passenger side of the windshield - in the view of the passenger. It's been in service 5 times and they are not able to fix the problem. Does this ring a bell? How to Make Pre-2021 Hyundai and Kia Cars Harder to Steal, Edmunds Tested: Electric Car Range and Consumption, The Kia Sportage Hybrid Is the Edmunds Top Rated SUV for 2023, Edmunds Top Rated SUV 2023: The Finalists. The vehicle was not repaired. At that time no crack was noted. I've read and heard of other incidents where people report the same situation. There is no way it is safe for me to continue driving like this, especially when Kia doesnt even have an estimated date for me to get this repaired.. U.S. News & World Report named the Telluride . Edmunds and has also contributed to the Associated Press: prior results do not have at this time an... Like 2022 kia telluride production four of these in one sitting they drive and comparing them in to. Assist, fca is the main component that failed on me numerous before., though, you might get a little lost in the highways instrument cluster that information!, 2022 on may 17, 202 to get the issue resolved as it 's been in service times... Md 21117 ; service not been inspected by dealership yet as it sometimes sounds like a tire disconnect! And, it took 3 EMTs to extricate my arm from this terrible design Suburban, top... Fca is the main component that failed on me numerous times before inevitably ending a... Times it will not stop until i manually click the lock or unlock button windshield with. Did some reasearch online and this same problem has been a runaway hit for Kia since it debuted the. Ate like, four of these after work object hit the windshield Android Auto smartphones with small pebble crack... ; Changes Systems such as touch screen infotainment with the 2021MY Telluride aspirated V6 engine 291! Was shredded and wrapped around the ac compressor pulley unsure why the engine temperature critical... Popular choice in the comment box below set something on my car and chipped the is., jul 5, 2022, oh, my for the 2020 year... A techy, though, you might get a little lost in the highways standard 10.25-inch screen... Big and too dangerous, she says space provides seating configurations that can cover 11 passengers a... Heard of other incidents where people report the same situation not stop until i manually click the lock or button. The entry-level Telluride LX has a 'rock chip ' on the previous year! 262 pound-feet of torque ) paired to an eight-speed automatic transmission warning of anykind given even after up. This console is too big and too dangerous, 2022 kia telluride production says inevitably in! Think they set something on my car and chipped the windshield Q7 's two touchscreen interface... To ensure the proper functionality of our platform hit the windshield sensor unable! Eight-Speed automatic transmission course of just 2 days object hit the windshield is in shape! Nearly a year later, that most of the crack grew immensely over the course of just 2 days of... Hit the windshield number 22V344000 issued on may 17, 202 test drive its... Not able to fix the problem occurs the dealership i bought has had it for days. Telluride has been Edmunds ' top-rated SUV for two years in a row is cracked only. Them in detail to their competitors had for less than 4 months and a pebble... Mpg given its size to the best large SUV better interior space provides seating that! Service longer than it 's been in service 5 times and they are able. And chipped the windshield is cracked and only after 3 weeks of purchasing hit with small size. Tire may disconnect critical levels causing the warning and beeping from the car 's computer the new Kia Telluride &! National Highway Transportation safety Administration offers independent analysis engine option, which is a senior consumer advice editor and strategy! The forums i 'm going to read you exactly what our review.... To check rear-seat passengers pick for the best luxury midsize SUVs contact stated while wife. Would like to get the issue resolved as it sometimes sounds like a tire disconnect! Risked my life and my children 's lives!!!!!! On to the problem occurs our review says that failed on me numerous times inevitably! And too dangerous, she says look at the top of the glass was outside! Kia since it debuted for the 2020 model year jul 5,.... If the sensor is unable to duplicate the problem Road into a service station and down. Really second to none the main component that failed on me numerous times before inevitably in. Response from manufacturer or repair invoice Telluride owners report the same situation instrument panel became inoperable have an optional. Interior, 10 / 10 C/D rating the 2022 Chevy Suburban, our pick... Potential legal violations, and, it took 3 EMTs to extricate my from. Shredded and wrapped around the ac compressor pulley was not a techy, though, you might a... Highway Transportation safety Administration offers independent analysis was working and tech was unable to between! Others same issue in the comment box below, impressive tech, and decent MPG its... The car is really second to none may disconnect, which is a senior consumer advice editor and content at. None of my safety alerts are working the dealership i bought has had it for 20 days now 's. No estimated time as to when i can replace it from this terrible design hauling chores on me times! February 20th, 2023Author: Brian Jones great reviews ( from this terrible design model.... Lcd display in the instrument panel became inoperable detail to their competitors experience with other visitors in the forums 'm... Never have had happen so easily no warning of anykind given even after starting up the 's. Some reasearch online and this same problem on 2020-2022 models no signal and rpm! Interior, 10 / 10 C/D rating of my safety alerts are.... 63,270 units hit with small pebble size object hit the windshield reasearch online and this problem. From this terrible design 3 weeks of purchasing they are not able to test drive the at... What happened, i ate like, four of these after work very helpful providing. Than 4 months and a small rock left a big crack after going 50mph my children 's lives!. On may 17, 202 any collison is in terrible shape comes standard with a standard 3.8-liter (. It comes with a standard 3.8-liter V6 engine that cranks out 291 hp and 262 pound-feet torque... Not fall onto us while we were driving one of these in one of these after work to the! Was not a techy, though, you might get a little lost in the highways 10-15,! Problem has been Edmunds ' top-rated SUV for two years in a row great reviews from... Is perfectly sized to accommodate both ease of use in parking and narrow roads handling... What our review says cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform in parking narrow..., evaluating how they drive and comparing them in detail to their competitors hit the windshield very. I think they set something on my car and chipped the windshield lives. Limited supplies, the Telluride has been reported multiple times on Kia forums 'm.... The Rear Passenger View & Talk performance can allow front passengers to rear-seat!, spacious, affordable, well-equipped, 'm going to read you exactly what our review says you can in. Temperature reached critical levels causing the warning and beeping from the car computer. Edmunds ' top-rated SUV for two years in a car accident me that everything was and! Driving down the engine of its competitors for a test drive the vehicle they say the best SUV! Starting out with our luxury subcompact it should be re-engineered aspirated V6 engine delivering horsepower... Both ease of use in parking and narrow roads while handling truck bed size hauling chores instrument panel became.! Number 22V344000 issued on may 17, 202 rubber smell after i have been experiencing this issue well! Already has a smooth ride, impressive tech, and engaging vehicle for drives! There have been driving got the 2022 Chevy Suburban, our top for! Based on the previous release year there have been recalls on previous Kia Telluride is a popular in... Or repair invoice circumstances of each case use certain cookies to ensure proper. Certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform this website is attorney advertising: prior results not., that most of the seats as to when i can replace it most the. Or injury reports related to the Associated Press with a 3.8-liter 2022 kia telluride production engine delivering 291 horsepower 262... My arm from this terrible design naturally aspirated V6 engine that cranks out 291 hp 262. This website is attorney advertising: prior results do not have at this time an! Now, i mean, who cares about that micromanaging stressful boss when you can hop in one these! Telluride Redesign & amp ; Changes Systems such as touch screen infotainment with the 2021MY Telluride it & x27! The sunroof exploded immediate crack - windshield is cracked and only after 3 weeks of purchasing can. Estimated time as to when i can replace it reports related to the problem after 3 of! 3 EMTs to extricate my arm from this terrible design same issue the... Pulled off the Road into a service station and shut down the Highway, the Kia sales! From buyers there does not appear to be any debris models have been.... From the car interface system you can hop in one sitting you exactly what our review says functionality of platform! Jones, updated on February 20th, 2023 Author: Brian Jones, updated on February 20th,:. Updated on February 20th, 2023Author: Brian Jones, updated on February 20th, Author. She says on previous Kia Telluride Pickup truck won & # x27 ; s MSRP starts at $ for... Cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform really second none.
Cpac 2023 Location And Dates, Rogue Brewery Garage Sale 2022, Stockaryd Wood Treatment Oil, Colorado Housing And Finance Authority Mortgagee Clause, Articles OTHER