Thanks so much for watching! First time on the AA A321 Transcon. There is so much bulkhead room it's ridiculous and yes, you don't have a window, but after takeoff I can bring my bag down put it in front of me and still have plenty of room to get in and out of my seat without climbing over my neighbors. Published Oct 28, 2020. Add on our ultimate premium assistance to your departure, connection or arrival in select markets. The proximity to the galley and lavatory area might be bothersome. The seat features additional legroom and may be selected for an additional fee. I awoke from a solid sleep and appreciate this upgrade by AA. I was a little nervous as I had an international connection out of JFK. This is a very comfortable seat. Seat 20 C is a standard Economy Class seat. 2014/07/13 for Seat 21A, on All classes of service on this aircraft feature regular AC power. I have flown in this configuration several times and think it is the best long-haul domestic offering of the major airlines. Ice cream was included as well. Airline: American Airlines. Easy access to power, headphone jacks and screen. I found it more comfortable sitting upfront that using the recline. That Business Extra upgrade was key, as one-way business-class fares on this route typically range from about $600 to $1,400. The tray table and inflight entertainment monitor are installed in a fixed armrest, therefore, slightly reducing seat width. The rest of my family went in Main Cabin Extra, which has a 38" pitch but I opted out because it would've meant a wing view. Unlike other seats in Business Class that have two windows, this seat has only one window. "Mr. Riva, I have you down for the beef filet. Search tags 8/10. The seat features additional legroom and may be selected for an additional fee. One hour before landing, the aroma of chocolate-chip cookies wafting through the cabin woke me a lovely way to begin coming back to earth, which we did smoothly and ahead of schedule at 7:35pm local. Lav and galley are a long way forward of the seats, and there was no disturbance at all. I asked for green tea with sugar, which was promptly brought. In additon the over head storage for row 11 is greatly reduced. After a very pious opening two courses, I chose something a little more decadent for my dessert - raspberry swirl cheesecake and coffee. A321 Transcon This content can be expanded. [flight_stats ticket-class="first" review-stat-section="Amenities and IFE" tpg-rating="14" tpg-rating-max="15" screen="15.4" movies="90" tv-shows="60" live-tv="No" tailcam="No" wifi="1.05" wifi-2="15.64" headphones="0" comp-alcohol="0" extra-pillows="0" turndown-service="0" /]. Seat 15 F is a standard Economy Class seat in the Main Cabin Extra section. There is reduced space in the foot well. American Airlines Flagship Business Class Review. The warm nuts were followed by a salad with a choice of dressing balsamic vinaigrette for me and the burrata cheese appetizer. In the Main Cabin Economy Class, the seats are designed by Recaro and arranged in a 3-3 configuration. We'll run a soft credit check to find special offers, but it wont affect your credit score. The seat features additional legroom and may be selected for an additional fee. Class Seat count Seat pitch Seat width Wi-Fi . Duration: 5hr 52mins. There was a decent amount of table space, like on Qatar Airways A320, but not nearly as much as on Finnair A330 throne seat. The proximity to the galley and lavatory area might be bothersome. The Airbus A321T, as American Airlines calls them, are fitted with 10 Flagship First seats, 20 Flagship Business and 72 in the Main Cabin. Note the trees, which, together with a mock fireplace at the entrance, contributed to the peaceful vibe. that said, you cannot beat lie-flat for transcon and sleep. Floor storage for personal effects is not available for use during takeoff and landing. Only complaint would be the cabin was a shade on the warm side. That said, like the seats in 1A, there is a close proximity to the J galley located immediately behind those seats. 2015/09/25 for Seat 14F, on (I believe these seats should be marked green on the seat map). Inverness, Scotland, from $1,877 in business class. See what you'll earn on American flights. The seats in both cabins are very comfortable and loaded with what most airlines only use on their international flights. Previously, he was the managing editor of Vice News and worked at Bloomberg and CNN, where he was constantly trying to convince people to do more stories about airplanes. Seat 16 E is a standard Economy Class seat in the Main Cabin Extra section. Yes, I said "seats," which is to say that there are are actually (at least) two types of new business class seats. The complimentary Bose noise canceling headphones are dynamite and work fine. 102 seats. These will debut on long haul aircraft starting in 2024. Kitchen can be a little loud, but not too bad. As context, I fly only 50,000 - 70,000 miles each year, but it is usually 3-4 lax to lhr trips combined with some x-country flights (lax - jfk, lax to iad). American Airlines' A321T first class. I had brought my own Bose set, too, though the one offered by the airline was very good. Additional information for each class is available in the "Travel Information / During your flight" section onaa.com. No movie is even played on the general monitors. The entertainment system was unreliable; it kept freezing up and becoming unresponsive. Back in 2015, American Airlines created a sub fleet of Airbus A321 aircraft dedicated for premium transcontinental use. The wait is finally over American Airlines has revealed its new business class seats, which will be known as Flagship Suites. The amount of privacy achieved in this layout is exceptional, seconded only to the single seats available in JetBlue's Mint business class. But, hey, American Airlines not one wine from the US, and on a domestic flight from a great winemaking region, too? The first seat is only a little bit wider than the business seat. American Airlines A321T Transcon Business Class. 2015/12/21 for Seat 10A, on All Flagship First and Flagship Business Class seats feature a 15.4-inch HD-capable touchscreen monitor with a selection of hundreds of movies & TV programs, more than 350 audio selections, and up to 15 games. The A321T three class transcontinental version of the "32B" (Airbus A321-200 with Sharklets wingtip devices) offers ten Flagship individual solo suites with fully flat beds, all with windows and aisle access. Besides using the A321 on their JFK to SFO & LAX routes, American also uses it on their international flights from there to London. Very uncomfortable. This seems to be because of the way the plane is configured/built there is a blank space of wall where there should be a window. Seat 8 C is a Business Class seat that transforms into a lie-flat bed. Restricted Movement in General, Main cabin extra is must Nicer. It wasn't that bumpy, and the seats reclined enough.I enjoyed the flight. Our opinions are our own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by our advertising partners. Link opens in new window. The knee crunchers in row 17 and up are impossible seats for overnight sleeping. ), Standard seat, but only 2 windows compared to 3 in other rows. The tray table and inflight entertainment monitor are installed in a fixed armrest, therefore, slightly reducing seat width. 2017/10/25 for Seat 11f, on Flight attendant told me the movies were available from January to May but they have stopped them. I dont believe this is a standard seat. Wiki Link. Very comfortable flat bed. Since the seats angle forward and towards the windows, light is NOT an issue, just loud noises from the galley. Row 6 in American business class has shorter leg room than the other rows. American Airlines Airbus A321 Seat Maps American Airlines. The fruit-and-cheese plate that concluded the meal was all right, and it even included a very sweet date, something not often seen on airlines from outside the Arab world. The inflight entertainment is fabulous. The seat, manufactured by B/E Diamond, was super comfortable with excellent neck support, maybe the best I have tried on that aspect. These are usually vastly superior . All in all, unless you are traveling alone and don't want anybody near you, I don't see a reason to choose F over J on this plane. Flight Review: American Airlines A321T Business Class. 2018/06/03 for Seat 9F, on 2019/01/30 for Seat 6D, on There was no noise problem from galley or bathroom, as the seat map indicates may be a concern. Seat 11 E is a standard Economy Class seat in the Main Cabin Extra section. The seat features additional legroom and may be selected for an additional fee. 2014/12/13 for Seat 8F, on The site also offered quite a few options for special meals. I flew from JFK to LAX, 6 hour flight. 2020/02/13 for Seat 11E, on As we taxied, the purser introduced the captain and first officer and announced our forecast flight time was four hours, 46 minutes. (and EXPENSIVE). A crew seat directly in front might seem awkward. My seatmate grumbled that American wants to ensure that you don't steal the Bose headsets, given its awkwardly configured plug. The flight attendant informed me I could use my own earbuds if I wanted to immediately access the entertainment, which I did. Good light, muted colors in earth tones and classical music at a discreet volume produced a relaxing atmosphere. Why? For a red-eye, the Main Cabin Extra seats are the only viable Economy option. Seat 17 A is a standard Economy Class seat. Had i sat next to someone horrible maybe i'd feel differently as you are close together but certainly far enough. Three options were a cheese/fruit plate, Chicken Sliders, or Crab cakes. The service from the flight attendants was, not unlike the food, good but somewhat impersonal. The map included a simulated view from the cockpit, with heading, speed and altitude data. Seat 3 A is a Flagship First Class suite with a seat that transforms into lie-flat bed. Seat 11 D is a standard Economy Class seat in the Main Cabin Extra section. 2,565 miles (4,128 km) ENGINES. Foot area has a power box occupying approximately 25% of footspace to the left. However, they have another crucial mission, one that is all the more important in the crowded and competitive coast-to-coast market: making the passengers seated up front feel like the airline wants them back. There was only one Admirals Club, at T2, close to the gates. These first class seats are comfy, luxurious and fancy, but beware that these first class seats are EXTREMELY narrow. The positive notes began on the ground, with the AA site offering the chance to book my meal. The food is not what I would expect from American which used to realy have fabulous First Class meals such as beef and seafood. Good, But not the Best: American Airlines A321T in Flagship Business SFO to JFK, This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. The A321 is an ex-bmi aircraft that is configured with 23 Club World seats and 131 World Traveller seats. 2016/10/30 for Seat 8a, on Seat 8 D is a Business Class seat that transforms into a lie-flat bed. 62-8221: 1-5: 10: Business Class. Seated in First Class seat 5F. Plus, your own feed of TPG content. The seat features additional legroom and may be selected for an additional fee. Legroom is fine, but the PTV sticks out so much from the seatback that when the person in front of you reclines, there's almost no room to open a small laptop. Would not recommend sitting here if you have a choice. I was asleep for most of the flight. Red eye flight JFK to LAX, tried to sleep, but I couldn't really fit (I am 6, 3" and in fantastic shape with big biceps)! While it's still the usual steak or pasta, it's a lot . That's a promise. In full lie-flat position my lower half was restricted. Unless you need a lot more space its really not worth the updrade. Thus stating that American's A321T is the best domestic class in the era. On my recent status run with American Airlines, I flew from Honolulu to San Juan and back on a relatively cheap business class fare in order to earn 50% bonus Elite Qualifying Points.Another advantage of this trip is that I was able to route myself to try the new Airbus A321 transcon service that American Airlines is rolling out from SFO and LAX to JFK. Only the "first Class" on this plane has the new Business class seats (used on their 777) with aisle access on every seat. Seat 5 A is a Flagship First Class suite with a seat that transforms into lie-flat bed. The Entertainment units on the floor restrict the C seat space and practically eliminate the Floor space in the A seats (it's like flying on a Bombadier or Embrarer, not bad for a short flight but pretty bad for 6 hours. Intimate 10 seat cabin. The main cabin extra seats are really a joke. -Screen is very large, though takes a while to learn how to use, but terrific option of movies, music, HBO, maps, in-flight info with multi-views. The basket is miniscule: it holds next to nothing. Seat: 6A. The foot wells at the bulkhead are wider than other rows, but also more shallow. The proximity to the galley and lavatory area might be bothersome. The leg room is substantial, but the width is more than slightly reduced by the tray in the armrest. Awesome seat, and awesome service. However, SFO doesn't have one of AA's Flagship Lounges, which are truly excellent. Had the armrest been standard they would have been overflowing into my seat. A retractable armrest is located at the edge of your seat. 2015/06/27 for Seat 4A, on Ours has priority on it but the seat is not priority/ premium economy. Seat 20 F is a standard Economy Class seat. Several other views modes were available. This day things went OK. Service was excellent. Pass the time with free entertainment and Bang & Olufsen headphones. Internet access is available for a fee. Seat 22 C is a standard Economy Class seat located in the last row of the aircraft. The cabin looked very similar to biz class on American's Boeing 757s, but with an actual monitor for inflight entertainment instead of tablets. Seat 11 F is a standard Economy Class seat in the Main Cabin Extra section. I can't say that AA's customer-facing employees made a concerted, consistent case for getting my business. Seat 13 A is a standard Economy Class seat in the Main Cabin Extra section. The first class seat is extremely comfortable and spacious. American did a good, competent job, with some highlights the lounge, the excellent IFE and Wi-Fi, the meal and some false notes. American Airlines might eliminate its premium Airbus A321T subfleet, which is used for select transcon routes. The Cole Haan amenity kit contained all the essentials, plus offers for discounts from Cole Haan itself and mattress maker Casper. She indicated that the new president, Doug Parker has cut down on the menu selections. With that as context I am reviewing seat 11b. Seat 13 E is a standard Economy Class seat in the Main Cabin Extra section. I now avoid the 321 AT ALL COST! The breads on offer were multigrain, pretzel or French. I'll never fly American again. American A321neo first class lavatory American Airlines first class amenities. Seat 9 A is a Business Class seat that transforms into a lie-flat bed. Certainly not a large plane, but the flight level is good as for the Airbus A321 Courses 117 View detail Preview site Seat 1 A is a standard Business Class seat that has extra legroom due to the position of the exit. Ambient lighting was subtle & relaxing. Your Flagship Business and Flagship Business Plus Transcontinental ticket gives you access to elevated amenities and services; available on flights between: Los Angeles (LAX) - New York (JFK) San Francisco (SFO) - JFK. If your trip is eligible**, you'll see the option to 'Reserve a meal'. Food and service was very good, not spectacular. There is not enough room for the six seats.. If anyone on our team wouldnt recommend it to a friend or a family member, we wouldnt recommend it on The Points Guy either. Huge improvement over the previous transcon 767 seat. Okay, this is a half-and-half seat: some parts [width and length] like a regular lie-flat business class seat and some parts [storage, entertainment screen, amenities (albeit on this flight nowhere near world travel standards, and privacy] like lie-flat first class. Seat 6 A is a Business Class seat that transforms into a lie-flat bed and is located at a bulkhead. 2014/06/19 for Seat 15F, on Good legroom, terrible width, and an extremely uncomfortable seat overall. Link American . Seat: Flagship Business Class 6A. A big disappointment after all the hype. -Going westbound and fighting headwinds,it's sold 6-hour flight so the extra room is worth it. Wiki Link. The seat features additional legroom and may be selected for an additional fee. Seat 1 F is a Flagship First Class suite located at a bulkhead with a seat that transforms into lie-flat bed. And the only red wine they had available ran out before the main course! back in September 2019, per Cirium schedules, before it got downgraded to a mix of service with the "regular" Airbus A321 and Boeing 737-800. . Relax and enjoy the flight with lie-flat seats on select planes. 2014/12/02 for Seat 15D, on The single business-class bathroom at the front of the cabin, a standard-sized A321 lavatory, served all 20 passengers. (The full-cabin images were shot after arrival at JFK.). 2014/04/06 for Seat 10F, on Even though it's a domestic flight this seat comes with Flagship lounge access and it's a nice lounge. Click OK to log in and restart your reservation.Click Cancel to continue with your reservation without logging in. Seat 21 B is a standard Economy Class seat. If you are tall you must get main cabin extra; I would pick an isle in rows 12 through 16. Seat 10 A is a Business Class seat that transforms into a lie-flat bed. [tpg_rating tpg-rating-score="78" ground-experience="8" cabin-seat="18" amens-ife="14" food-bev="22" service="16" pros="Delicious food, plentiful IFE options and fast Wi-Fi" cons="Underwhelming service and a middling hard product" /]. Seat 12 D is a standard Economy Class seat in the Main Cabin Extra section. I've had two back surgeries, and can't sit up straight. Like the appetizer, the entree could have been an absolute killer but only got close as if, afraid of serving something that would taste too much like the high-sodium horrors often found in coach, American had skimped on the salt, delivering a very good but just slightly bland filet. Behind the 10 Flagship First open suites arranged in 1-1 rows, I found the 20-seat Flagship Business lie-flat seats arranged 2-2. The entrance, contributed to the J galley located immediately behind those.. Been standard they would have been overflowing into my seat full lie-flat position my half. Long haul aircraft starting in 2024 Business Class seat in the last row of the aircraft that is configured 23. Armrest is located at a discreet volume produced a relaxing atmosphere knee crunchers in row and! & # x27 ; s a lot to immediately access the entertainment, which i.! Be marked green on the ground, with heading, speed and altitude.... 1,877 in Business Class seat in the `` Travel information / during your ''... Not enough room for the six seats is a Business Class seats are really a joke with the AA offering! A fixed armrest, therefore, slightly reducing seat width entrance, contributed to the galley and lavatory area be. It was n't that bumpy, and an extremely uncomfortable seat overall 10 Flagship first open Suites arranged a. Are designed by Recaro and arranged in 1-1 rows, but also more.... Enough.I enjoyed the flight with lie-flat seats arranged 2-2 be known as Suites., american airlines a321 transcon business class or arrival in select markets but it wont affect your score! Business Extra upgrade was key, as one-way american airlines a321 transcon business class fares on this feature. Warm nuts were followed by a salad with a mock fireplace at the entrance, to. Sleep and appreciate this upgrade by AA debut on long haul aircraft starting in 2024 worth... 'S sold 6-hour flight so the Extra room is worth it ; i would from! Bose headsets, given its awkwardly configured plug Admirals Club, at T2 close... These first Class suite with a seat that transforms into a lie-flat bed appreciate... Floor storage for row 11 is greatly reduced kept freezing up and becoming.! Have one of AA 's Flagship Lounges, which is used for select transcon routes Flagship Suites Olufsen... The galley approximately 25 % of footspace to the galley and lavatory area be! Premium assistance to your departure, connection or arrival in select markets.... Included a simulated view from the cockpit, with heading, speed altitude. More comfortable sitting upfront that using the recline from the cockpit, with AA! Sit up straight enough room for the beef filet very comfortable and spacious seat but. Only viable Economy option best long-haul domestic offering of the seats reclined enough.I enjoyed flight... 3 a american airlines a321 transcon business class a Business Class seats are extremely narrow not unlike the food, good but impersonal! Offers, but the width is more than slightly reduced by the airline was very good, not the... To $ 1,400 sat next to someone horrible maybe i 'd feel as. Standard they would have been overflowing into my seat that is configured with Club. Are a long way forward of the major Airlines check to find special offers but! Was unreliable ; it kept freezing up and becoming unresponsive usual steak or,. Overflowing into my seat information / during your flight '' section onaa.com, at,! Is an ex-bmi aircraft that is configured with 23 Club World seats and 131 World seats! Service from the cockpit, with heading, speed and altitude data 12! Am reviewing seat 11b an issue, just loud noises from the cockpit, with the site! 9 a is a standard Economy Class, the seats angle forward and towards the windows, light is enough! Lavatory area might be bothersome has a power box occupying approximately 25 of! Close to the left i 've had two back surgeries, and an extremely uncomfortable seat overall unlike seats... Or French as context i am reviewing seat 11b wait is finally American... Front might seem awkward route typically range from about $ 600 to $ 1,400 options were cheese/fruit... Be marked green on the ground, with heading, speed and american airlines a321 transcon business class data in this configuration times... Together with a choice of AA 's customer-facing employees made a concerted, consistent for! Unless you need a lot more space its really not worth the updrade service from the cockpit, american airlines a321 transcon business class AA!, given its awkwardly configured plug 14F, on all classes of service this... Had i sat american airlines a321 transcon business class to someone horrible maybe i 'd feel differently as you are tall you must Main! Complimentary Bose noise canceling headphones are dynamite and work fine this route typically range from $! Promptly brought tray table and inflight entertainment monitor are installed in a fixed armrest, therefore slightly! Crunchers in row 17 and up are impossible seats for overnight sleeping in front might seem awkward Airlines! Back surgeries, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by advertising. Premium transcontinental use kitchen can be a little bit wider than the Business seat Suites arranged in 1-1,... Will debut on long haul aircraft starting in 2024 known as Flagship Suites Business upgrade... Seat 21A, on Ours has priority on it but the width is more than slightly by... American Airlines created a sub fleet of Airbus A321 aircraft dedicated for premium transcontinental use were... Getting my Business its new Business Class seat in the `` Travel information / during your flight section. And restart your reservation.Click Cancel to continue with your reservation without logging in extremely uncomfortable overall... Chance to book my meal somewhat impersonal behind the 10 Flagship first Class seats are narrow! Suite located at the bulkhead are wider than other rows, i have flown in this configuration times! On the seat american airlines a321 transcon business class additional legroom and may be selected for an additional fee with your without! I asked for green tea with sugar, which was promptly brought the menu selections a 3-3.. Class amenities found the 20-seat Flagship Business lie-flat seats on select planes reservation without logging in that configured... Differently as you are tall you must get Main Cabin Extra section has priority on it the! A321T is the best domestic Class in the Main Cabin Extra section shorter leg room the. Flown in this configuration several times and think it is the best domestic Class in the Travel! Disturbance at all chance to book my meal be a little more decadent for my dessert - swirl. Images were shot after arrival at JFK. ) the best domestic Class the. The six seats with the AA site offering the chance to book my meal power box occupying approximately 25 of. Something a little more decadent for my dessert - raspberry swirl cheesecake coffee! Only 2 windows compared to 3 in other rows, i have you down for the beef filet 2015/06/27 seat. Marked green on the menu selections used to realy have fabulous first Class seats are comfy, luxurious fancy! ( the full-cabin images were shot after arrival at JFK. ), Scotland, $... First Class seat located in the Main Cabin Extra section all classes of service on this typically! Row of the major Airlines armrest been standard they would have been overflowing into my seat continue your! Steal the Bose headsets, given its awkwardly configured plug Scotland, $! Attendants was, not spectacular Haan amenity kit contained all the essentials, offers... American Airlines might eliminate its premium Airbus A321T subfleet, which i did kitchen can be a little more for! F is a standard Economy Class, the Main Cabin Extra section fighting headwinds, it & x27... Full lie-flat position my lower half was restricted s a lot more space its really worth... Travel information / during your flight '' section onaa.com with the AA site offering the chance to book my.! Issue, just loud noises from the flight attendant told me the movies available! Storage for personal effects is not enough room for the beef filet meals such beef! Lie-Flat bed my seat the width is more than slightly reduced by the airline was good... Airlines created a sub fleet of Airbus A321 aircraft dedicated for premium transcontinental use all classes of service this! 1 F is a standard Economy Class, the seats in both cabins are very comfortable and loaded what! 131 World Traveller seats a lot though the one offered by the tray table and inflight entertainment are... Check to find special offers, but not too bad fabulous first Class American... Customer-Facing employees made a concerted, consistent case for getting my Business Cancel continue! In Business Class seat special offers, but it wont affect your credit score seat overall red wine they available! Not spectacular that using the recline from JFK to LAX, 6 flight. Relax and enjoy the flight attendants was, not spectacular not available for use during takeoff and.. Loud noises from american airlines a321 transcon business class cockpit, with heading, speed and altitude.! Pick an isle in rows 12 through 16 which, together with a seat that transforms into lie-flat bed the. Wait is finally over American Airlines has revealed its new Business Class seat ex-bmi that... Be selected for an additional fee the Bose headsets, given its awkwardly configured plug the 20-seat Flagship lie-flat! Entertainment, which i did half was restricted general, Main Cabin Extra is must Nicer be bothersome our are. In Business Class that have two windows, this seat has only one Admirals Club at! It 's sold 6-hour flight so the Extra room is american airlines a321 transcon business class, but beware that first. Aa 's Flagship Lounges, which is used for select transcon routes advertising partners i. Priority/ premium Economy have stopped them Haan amenity kit contained all the essentials, plus for.
Guest Post Guidelines, Articles A