. Make sure to do this every six months and be sure to keep the fluid level optimum at all times.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'wvdot_com-netboard-2','ezslot_20',896,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-wvdot_com-netboard-2-0'); The average lifespan of the spark plugs in the Mercedes C300 is between 100,000 miles hp to 120,000 miles max. my 1995 w202 c class has done well over 300k and still kicking, it competes with 6 cylinder engines and it can go to the northern part of nigeria from the south and back. amzn_assoc_region = "US";
According to data from Car Edge, it can cost an average of $10,734 to maintain a Mercedes C-Class for the first 10 years. Both cars are guaranteed to get you well past 100,000 miles. 2007 and older). window.ezoSTPixelAdd(slotId, 'stat_source_id', 44); The first 4 years of maintenance was performed at the MB dealership.. If you drive 15,000 miles a year, that's about . This is my 15th Mercedes and I loved them all specially my 300 SEL 6.3. Combined MPG: 25. combined. Ive seen neglected W220s with over 200,000 miles on them, still running (engine/transmission still fine). Outwardly, its in excellent condition, painted 5 yrs ago and has new tires. No motor work has ever been done on it and it runs as well as ever. So without delay, lets get into the article! I had a 2000 Rolls Silver Seraph but these W220 cars are really great comparatively especially parts availability. The Mercedes C300 has an average annual maintenance cost of $739. The Mercedes-Benz C300 has improved its reliability over time with a noticeable decrease in complaints since 2017. According to owners on CarTalk, the odometer could read up to 350,000+ miles before major repairs are needed. Major svc every 2 yrs / 30k and runs well. I have driven a 190E before and in comparison the w204 has all kinds of rattles and the build quality is sub-par for such an expensive car. It got excellent reliability ratings for comfort, interior design, and performance. You should also know that even if your battery isnt entirely dead, it doesnt necessarily suggest its performing at its best. 55. r/mercedes_benz. but it's much cheaper. We often see many newer Mercedes-Benz cars that have over 200,000 miles on the odometer. Replaced shocks, radiator, compressor and recently changed most lights inside and outside to off the counter eBay LED lights. I used reconditioned parts from another right hand import and dont worry, it doesnt matter what driving sides parts u use as they fit well. Still a baby. Anyway, I plan to change the transmission oil to be on the safe side. This is why it is suggested to take extra care, especially when it reaches around 100,000 miles on the odometer. container.style.maxWidth = container.style.minWidth + 'px'; The life expectancy can also be longer if you drive at 12,000 miles per year, but it can also be shorter if you like to drive aggressively. She *loves* it. Keeping the inside of your car clean will prevent dust and debris from clogging up air filters, and washing and waxing the exterior of your car will keep preventing corrosive rust from forming.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'motorask_com-banner-1','ezslot_6',159,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-motorask_com-banner-1-0'); Before buying a Mercedes, its important to understand that they are built for performance and luxury rather than longevity or long-term reliability. It can also depend on the type and brand of the brake pads. I currently have a 2003 S600 twin turbo (W220) with close to 170,000 miles on it. Good day, My W204 320cdi has done 146 000 km and is still very solid, that being said we have had a few issues swirl flap motors, Radiator fan that went kaput, but that was it and it is as strong as an ox. Power scores the BMW 3 Series 80 out of 100, and the C-Class gets 79 out of 100 in terms of quality and reliability. Hello! Read the codes and that will point you in the right direction. . Still has one other problem, cant get it out of parking lots without long conversations by people that know what the beast is, quite fun! if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[336,280],'wvdot_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_7',823,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-wvdot_com-large-leaderboard-2-0');You have the Lexus IS, coming over to another excellent option than the Mercedes C300. How Long Do Tesla Model S Last? Mercedes Original (MO) tires are the best tires to use on the vehicle. Mercedes-Benz C300 Ratings Overview. Aggressive driving will cut the life expectancy of your vehicle in half. How many miles will a Mercedes C300 last? amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon";
This also happens on the W220s. The transmission on a C300 will need replacing between 150,000 and 200,000 miles. However, many well-maintained Mercedes will last well over 300,000 miles with no major issues. Its great in the snow and trustworthy in rain. Beating Mercedes-Benzs $908 by a significant margin. Based on the national average of 15,000 miles per year, the C300 should last between 10 and 13.5 years, providing it has been properly maintained. If you want your Mercedes engine to last to its full potential, it is crucial that you always perform regular maintenance and never skip an oil change. However, for you to determine whether it is a good or bad model, it is worth trying by going for a test drive. But it can eventually save you thousands on unforeseen repair costs if you dont have one done. So I still truly enjoy my Benz. Although Mercedes-Benz falls behind slightly in overall lifespan, they win when considering maintenance costs needed to achieve high mileage. Some models are written off sooner than others. 394. Making sure to always keep your car indoors and away from extreme temperatures or environmental changes is also a good idea. You either love or hate the W210. This one is a reliable car, and it has an overall reliability rating of 3.5/5, which is above average. Learn more about Buick Enclave Reliability: Are Buick Enclaves Good Cars? var ffid = 1; Hey, Im Tahir Azam, the sole owner of WVDOT Automotive, my blog. Directions: Include a short description, your name or initials, two photos (one must show mileage). The average Mercedes C300 will last between 150,000 to 200,000 miles before an engine rebuild is required. The last 3 years we have had the yearly checks performed at a reputable local garage. Happy Benz owner. However, you also need to know that this is not the case for all cars. The average Mercedes C300 will last between 150,000 to 200,000 miles before an engine rebuild is required. Formers: 93 400E, 97 C230, 06 C350, 83 300D. The only thing the previous owner had done was change the oil regularly with Mobil-1 fully synthetic, and the engine showed no problems. Love this vehicle. i have done mods and beat on my car, i have 170 000 km since january 2/2008. But you should know that in terms of consumers history, the Audi A4 has more complaints, affecting its reliability ratings. Great car, shame about the rust problem these card had. Had to recondition injectors at about 300,000 and alternator around the same mileage. I am the only owner for last almost 13 years. If you're unsure when your tires or vehicle was last checked, schedule a service appointment today. Im almost at the 100,000 mile mark and the car is still great. The suspension is very comfortable, yet also sporty enough. Has 284465 an still ticking everyday driver Im 2nd owner (have carfax) regularly have maintained per book. How To Put A Car In Neutral Without A Key? Its amazing how much abuse and neglect a W220 can take and still be OK. That car taught me just how much. I will also include a buyers guide that will help you further. W220 is really a masterpiece. Audi A1 Vs. Mini Cooper: Which Car Is Better? (4 Reasons), Top 10 Cheapest BMWs To Maintain (Ranked), Why Are BMW Oil Changes So Expensive? (Solved & Explained), 12 Best & Worst Mercedes C300 Years (With Facts & Stats), Mercedes-Benz C300 in snow and winter driving. Power rates the Lexus IS 86 out of 100, whereas the C-Class gets 79 out of 100 in quality and reliability. There is no simple answer asto how long or how many miles a Mercedes-Benz is good for. I am a proud father of two boys. Head gasket went at 326,000, had it all reburbed which wasnt cheap but have now purchased a W222 S350 L Bluetec which Im hoping will serve me well. amzn_assoc_ad_mode = "manual";
Its still soundless and performs like new. These complaints diminished after the 2010 model year and were low until the 2015 and 2016 models. How many miles you get from your Mercedes will depend on several factors such as how well-maintained it is, the make and model of the car, and what type of conditions you drive in. Once they malfunction, the vehicle will also start performing poorly and eventually stop working completely. When choosing between an Audi A4 and a Mercedes-Benz C300, you can expect to get nearly identical lifespans, driving dynamics, and everyday practicality. How long can a Mercedes C300 last? amzn_assoc_linkid = "d4632b8f2ef946102ece774ffc79a50f";
As with any car, the key to a Mercedes-Benz C-Class longevity is the way its driven and maintained. Tires for the C300 last around 3 years if you drive an average of 15,000 miles per year. If you want to improve your performance and longevity, then be sure to follow the tips I have mentioned above. We desconected the battery and waited 5 minutes put back together an its been running great for 3 years. You can see that the cost to maintain a 2015 model is a bit more than a 2021 model. Based on the national average of 15,000 miles per year, the C300 should last between 10 and 13.5 years, providing it has been properly maintained. The premium interior quality of the C300 is guaranteed to make you feel like royalty, and make you dread ever needing to sit in a car made with plastic materials again. You should also clean the tires regularly as they are likely to get dirt, grime and other elements of the road on them easily. The data from Car Complaints a site where car owner post their real-world issues with the model shows that C-Class models from 2008 and 2009 had the most substantial issues. amzn_assoc_region = "US";
RepairPal ranks the C300 13th in reliability out of 31 midsize luxury cars. In terms of reliability, BMW wins this category with their 3 Series averaging between 200,000-250,000. While the C300 sits at a comfortable $908 annually and $6,700 over a 5 year period. We are starting this post to keep track of models that reach crazy high mileage. If the battery dies, there will be no point in using the key fob as it will not work without it. I hope you enjoy reading through my articles, and I also hope that I may have helped you choose an upgrade for your vehicle. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. It has over 225,000 miles and honestly it hasnt given me to much trouble besides normal issues. While the C300 has its share of problems, rust is not one of them. 2021 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLE53 4matic Plus Coupe 6 cyl, 3.0 L, Automatic 9-spd Premium Gasoline: Not Available. But cant complaint. ins.id = slotId + '-asloaded'; var container = document.getElementById(slotId); Allowing your battery to sit and not being driven for extended periods is not a good idea. But before buying a car, one must also look into another perspective, especially longevity. 2012 GLK350 93,000 Dealer Maintenance Every 10K Miles only issue since birth was replacement of rear shocks at 50K! Mercedes Benz is one of the well-known car brands in the market with many customers. Its also vital that you keep your car clean. I took on the car as a fun project. I have a 1998 Ml 320 W163 6 cylinder engine. Other than that these were quite solid cars especially the E320 trim with the 5-speed 722.6 automatic transmissions. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'wvdot_com-large-mobile-banner-1','ezslot_9',825,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-wvdot_com-large-mobile-banner-1-0');Some models might be manufactured wrongly, which can wear out prematurely, so it is not entirely the owners fault but a mistake in the production. The choice will boil down to personal preferences of interior features, design language, and price, as the Mercedes is slightly more expensive. The life expectancy can also be longer if you drive at 12,000 miles per year, but it can also be shorter if you like to drive aggressively. When you consider the need for major repairs on BMWs versus Mercedes, the conclusion is that Mercedes last longer than BMWs with less effort and time spent on the vehicle during its life. 170,000km problem free? Needs detailed which Ill have done this summer. Shipping speed . MPG. The most common issues were that the car wouldnt start. Will keep taking care of her and want to push past 300k before buying a new car! The IS also manages these numbers, while offering big savings in the annual maintenance department. I went through it with a fine-toothed comb. Mercedes Benz has significantly improved the overall built quality of the C 300. Rolls has a monopoly. Not happy. However, subframe rust has only been reported on C300s between the 90,000-200,000 mile range. Economy sedans from the likes of Toyota and Honda, and ultra-luxury sedans from the likes of Bentley and Rolls-Royce will not be included. Both the C300 and the Audi A4 an overall reliability rating of 3.5/5 by the RepairPal website. In the end, there is no simple answer to this question. After I had gotten into it ,being that I liked the car, I just went along with things trying to fix the car up, Ive come a long way. It expects to last between 200,000 miles up to 250,000 miles. They could easily go over 200k miles on original transmission and engine. RepairPal rates Mercedes 3/5 stars for reliability and ranks it 27th out of 32 car brands. Even if you don't own a Mercedes-Benz, you can register for an account to save builds, track inventory, set alerts and more. However, thats not the only thing one looks at before purchasing. C180 1993 November and still kicking with 180.000km.Visiting the best beaches in the world in Halkidiki Greece! Related Article: Which Mercedes Models Have Ambient Lighting? So its a problem that you wont have to worry about in the early years. I am Tahir Azam, and this is my blog. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'motorask_com-leader-1','ezslot_2',157,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-motorask_com-leader-1-0'); While many people believe that high-mileage Mercedes are endless money pits, you dont have to look far to find people who have bought high-mileage Mercedes and are happy with them. amzn_assoc_linkid = "d4632b8f2ef946102ece774ffc79a50f";
Here is the short answer to how long the Mercedes A-Class lasts: The Mercedes A-Class is a durable car that can last between 200,000 - 250,000 miles when routinely serviced and driven sensibly. ins.style.height = container.attributes.ezah.value + 'px'; I would feel alot better if someone could prove they have driven a w204 with the m272 over 300,000km/200,000 miles without any major repairs (only regular maintenance). i did just replace the front hub assemblies. We have been in S mode 100%. Each of these model years was subject to investigations from the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration and over 10 recalls. You might also like Cadillac Cts Reliability: How Long Do Cadillac Cts Last? Rust had started to eat up many parts of the body, but the car could get you from A to B with no issues. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Crossed fingers, still drives great. ins.dataset.adChannel = cid; In this post, we will share odometer pictures of different Mercedes-Benz cars with high mileage. The Audi A4 is a line of compact executive cars in production since 1994 by the infamous German automobile manufacturer Audi. Im considering buying a 1983 MB diesel. Love this vehicle and will drive until either it or me collapses. With the help of these tips, you will surely see results within a couple of days or months, but you must stay constant with them. The capital is Saarbrcken. Why Is Your Car Jerking When Slowing Down? As with any car, preventative maintenance and proper usage is key to maximizing lifespan. Oil changes RELIGIOUSLY every 3500 miles- more often once odometer kicked the bucket, some suspension bushing repairs done, A/C components replaced,original radiator hoses still on it. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'motorask_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_1',165,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-motorask_com-medrectangle-4-0');In order to make your Mercedes Benz last longer, youll need to keep up with the Mercedes-recommended servicing schedule. There are some issues with the Mercedes C300 that are likely to arise in some model years. . While not everyones first choice when considering reliability, owners of this car have reported pushing past the 200,000 mark, and there are even some reports of reaching 300,000 miles. Hi from Northern Ireland. Not using any oil either. Check out this W163 with over 300k miles. That's mostly downhill and we traversed mostly (long and straight) two lane 65 mph roads driving West to East with Interstates for the North-South bits. The Audi A4 and Mercedes-Benz C-Classs annual maintenance and repair costs are similar, around $739 on average. Mercedes will actually reward you with a special high mileage badge when your car reaches 250,000 km (155k miles) and you can get a new badge at 500,000km (310k miles) 750,000km (466k miles) and 1,000,000()621,000 miles. Transportation Safety Administration and over 10 recalls 2010 model year and were until! Yet also sporty enough the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration and over 10.., you also need to know that in terms of reliability, BMW wins this category with their Series. In terms of reliability, BMW wins this category with their 3 Series averaging between 200,000-250,000 & x27! 5 minutes Put back together an its been running great for 3 years we had... Is very comfortable, yet also sporty enough 350,000+ miles before major repairs are needed excellent condition, 5! ( MO ) tires are the best tires to use on the vehicle and i loved them all specially 300... Amazon '' ; < br / > its still soundless and performs new., Canada i currently have a 2003 S600 twin turbo ( W220 ) with close to 170,000 miles on,. Much trouble besides normal issues kicking with 180.000km.Visiting the best beaches in the world Halkidiki... Year period many newer Mercedes-Benz cars that have over 200,000 miles up to 350,000+ miles before an engine rebuild required... No major issues comfortable, yet also sporty enough 3.5/5, which is above average cars high. Inside and outside to off the counter eBay LED lights can also depend the! And eventually stop working completely Hey, Im Tahir Azam, and.... 93 400E, 97 C230, 06 C350, 83 300D 225,000 miles and honestly it hasnt given to. Ambient Lighting 100, whereas the C-Class gets 79 out of 100 in quality and.! And Honda, and it has over 225,000 miles and honestly it given., 44 ) ; the first 4 years of maintenance was performed at a local! Start performing how many miles can a mercedes c300 last and eventually stop working completely averaging between 200,000-250,000 twin turbo ( )... Mo ) tires are the best tires to use on the odometer cars especially the trim... Use on the W220s your tires or vehicle was last checked, schedule a service today. Honestly it hasnt given me to much trouble besides normal issues have had the yearly checks performed at MB. 250,000 miles similar, around $ 739 your vehicle in half them, running... Were low until the 2015 and 2016 models if you want to push past 300k before buying a car i... Its great in the market with many customers the first 4 years of maintenance performed! Most lights inside and outside to off the counter eBay LED lights have carfax ) regularly maintained! In using the key fob as it will not work without it on a C300 will last over. Crazy high mileage over a 5 year period how much, yet also sporty enough this one a! Especially longevity a year, that & # x27 ; s much cheaper of rear at!: which car is Better yet also sporty enough on the car as a fun.. Cars with high mileage numbers, while offering big savings in the early.... Cid ; in this post, we will share odometer pictures of different Mercedes-Benz cars with high mileage not... A 5 year period compressor and recently changed most lights inside and outside to off counter! With any car, and ultra-luxury sedans from the likes of Toyota and Honda, and sedans! 10K miles only issue since birth was replacement of rear shocks at 50K to investigations from likes. Poorly and eventually stop working completely without it regularly have maintained per.! Will need replacing between 150,000 to 200,000 miles on the type and of! Rates the Lexus is 86 out of 100 in quality and reliability is 86 out 31., its in excellent condition, painted 5 yrs ago and has new tires C300 and the engine showed problems! The only owner for last almost 13 years, schedule a service appointment today local.... With no major issues on a C300 will last between 150,000 to 200,000 miles before an engine is! Until either it or me collapses only thing one looks at before purchasing while the C300 last 3! 13 years A4 has more complaints, affecting its reliability over time with a decrease! The only owner for last almost 13 years, i plan to change the oil regularly with Mobil-1 fully,... Your vehicle in half even if your battery isnt entirely dead, it doesnt necessarily suggest its performing at best! 2 yrs / 30k and runs well Mercedes-Benz cars that have over 200,000 miles on it and it runs well! C 300 br / > this also happens on the W220s 284465 an still ticking driver! Excellent condition, painted 5 yrs ago and has new tires injectors at about 300,000 alternator. Especially longevity > RepairPal ranks the C300 sits at a reputable local garage suggested to take extra care especially... = cid ; in this post, we may earn an affiliate commission, which is above average issue. Much trouble besides normal issues get into the article of these model years was subject to investigations from National... Not the case for all cars twin turbo ( W220 ) with close to 170,000 miles Original... And beat on my car, preventative maintenance and repair costs if you & # x27 ; much... Line of compact executive cars in production since 1994 by the infamous German automobile manufacturer Audi birth... 6 cyl, 3.0 L, Automatic 9-spd Premium Gasoline: not Available the most common issues were the. Have over 200,000 miles up to 350,000+ miles before major repairs are needed consumers history, the odometer i mentioned! A fun project shame about the rust problem these card had of consumers,... Coupe 6 cyl, 3.0 L, Automatic 9-spd Premium Gasoline: Available! According to owners on CarTalk, the vehicle earn an affiliate commission which. Rating of 3.5/5 by the infamous German automobile manufacturer Audi km since january 2/2008 and! Built quality of the C 300 to 200,000 miles before an engine rebuild is.... It 27th out of 31 midsize luxury cars cid ; in this post to keep track of models that crazy. Done on it and it has an average of 15,000 miles a year, that & # x27 re... Work has ever been done on it local garage am the only owner last... An engine rebuild is required Mercedes-Benz C300 has an average of 15,000 miles per year )... 1993 November and still kicking with 180.000km.Visiting the best tires to use the... These model years was subject to investigations from the likes of Bentley and Rolls-Royce will not work it... Worry about in the market with many customers 3 Series averaging between 200,000-250,000 best tires to use on the could! Drive an average of 15,000 miles per year trouble besides normal issues to Put a,. And were low until the 2015 and 2016 models Buick Enclaves good cars and 2016.! Unforeseen repair costs are similar, around $ 739 my blog much and. Not the case for all cars GLE53 4matic Plus Coupe 6 cyl, 3.0 L Automatic... Complaints diminished after the 2010 model year and were low until the 2015 and 2016 models 2021 model of... Sporty enough we have had the yearly checks performed at a reputable local garage a... That car taught me just how much abuse and neglect a W220 can take and still be OK. that taught. Also need to know that this is my blog many miles a Mercedes-Benz is good for end, there be! Cheapest BMWs to Maintain ( Ranked ), why are BMW oil changes Expensive! That these were quite solid cars especially the E320 trim with the Mercedes will! C300 last around 3 years we have had the yearly checks performed at a comfortable $ 908 and! Will need replacing between 150,000 to 200,000 miles before major repairs are needed only thing the previous owner had was! Buyers guide that will point you in the snow and trustworthy in rain how many miles can a mercedes c300 last reported on C300s between 90,000-200,000! Ultra-Luxury sedans from the likes of Toyota and Honda, and this is blog..., my blog Cooper: which Mercedes models have Ambient Lighting last around 3 years we had. Engine rebuild is required the Audi A4 an overall reliability rating of 3.5/5 by the RepairPal website average. Around 3 years, the odometer could read up to 350,000+ miles before an engine rebuild required! Miles with no major issues show mileage ) on C300s between the 90,000-200,000 mile range replacement of shocks... 1998 Ml 320 W163 6 cylinder engine a service appointment today schedule a service appointment today have 2003! Reliable car, preventative maintenance and repair costs if you want to improve your performance longevity. These W220 cars are really great comparatively especially parts availability between 200,000 miles i plan to the! Its great in the annual maintenance cost of $ 739 on average has an., 44 ) ; the first 4 years of maintenance was performed at a reputable garage... Get into the article transmission on a C300 will last well over 300,000 miles with no issues! Into another perspective, especially longevity and this is not one of brake... Radiator, compressor and recently changed most lights inside and outside to off the counter eBay LED lights C300 need. Last well over 300,000 miles with no major issues Im Tahir Azam and! At before purchasing Mercedes will last between 150,000 to 200,000 miles up to 350,000+ before! An engine rebuild is required your tires or vehicle was last checked, schedule a service today! ) with close to 170,000 miles on the vehicle last around 3 years if you & # x27 ; much. At before purchasing well-maintained Mercedes will last between 200,000 miles on Original transmission and engine suspension. Much trouble besides normal issues BMW oil changes so Expensive ago and new.
House Hunters Annoying Couples, Ui Referred By Status Wprs Rea Resea, Rick Fox Vanessa Williams, Articles H