Read More, Hazel Irene Taylor, 94, loving wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother, entered into eternal rest on Thursday, February 23, 2023. So sorry to hear of the loss of another one of us. Visitation will be held from 1:00 P.M. until service time under the direction of Mulhearn Funeral Home Monroe, LA. Too bad. The magnitude of this collection just boggles the mind. Ive visited the Auburn Cord museum in Auburn, IN many times, and thought how great it would be to drive one of those beauties. He adored and was comforted by the presence of Cash, his new grand puppy, in the days leading up to his passing.

He is survived by his girlfriend, Karen Parker Crouch; a daughter, Story Toney and husband, Robbie; a brother, Willie Smith and wife, Linda; two sisters, Leslie Miller and husband, C.W., and Cheryl Smith; as well as a number of loving nieces, nephews, and friends.

. Vote for the Washington County Athletes of the Week for Feb. 20-25, Coordinated cardiology care: 5 signs its time, Former Texas congressman to speak at local GOP Unity Dinner, Letters to the editor: Williamsport library proposal under fire. Be responsible to yourself and your family - well stated Steve - sage words. Approximately 30 members of the SVBCC toured Mark J. Smith s Lynchburg automobile collection on Saturday, February 27th. Most Club members arrived for lunch at Waterstone Pizza and walked to Marks Jefferson Street warehouse. Mark is preceded in death by his parents, George and Billie Smith. She was a loving wife, mother, and sister. The California license plate suggests this two-seater spent a prior life in the Golden State, which normally means dry, solid metal and minimal rust. They were blessed with 2 children and their spouses, Kevin Smith and wife, Remie, and Kayla Bamburg and husband, Joe; along with 6 grandchildren, who called him Super Papaw, Wesson, Archer, Dosson, and Campbell Smith, Guinevere and Marston Bamburg. I am far enough away I need a hotel room. Born in the Virginia Baptist Hospital in Lynchburg, on October 14, 1930, Bill was the son of Ella Wyatt McKinnon Massie and Robert Withers Massie Jr. Tammy Kidd Kincaid. Get it in writing legally - NOW. Last Updated I was driving by and he was loading or unloading a vehicle. Starting point was my asking for details of his 1924 Loco 48 chassis for sale in the HCCA, and soon I learned he also owned five complete Locomobiles, after having sold several in the past! Born in Forest, May 10, 1946, he was the son of the late Joseph Miller and Frances Hamilton Miller. Thats only about an hour from here. The preservation, sharing etc is what makes us all happy and is why we have what we have. I had visited him in the hospital and I am only thankful he is not suffering anymore. To send condolences please visit www.tharpfuneralhome.com . Now to get the rest of my affairs in order! Here in New York one needs to insure and license a car to get ownership paperwork. I had a career in the planning business and agree with a lot of what'ssaid here. Sometimes cantankerous, sometimes drunk and sometimes the nicest guy you could ever want to meet, Mark was always one of the Old Car Hobby's great characters. Heard a few stories over the years, and recognized his name immediately. Everything Goes! Then there's a 15% buyer's premium on every completed sale. Powered by Invision Community, Mark Smith NO RESERVE Auction - Lynchburg, VA - Oct 19 - 250+ cars. Click or call (800) 729-8809. Sorry if that analogy offended anyone. So much to unpack here ! Obituary. It is all a matter of opinion , just like the comments here on the forums ( including this one!). He is survived by his sister, Bonnie Read More, Frances Ferguson Clark, age 94, of Keysville, Virginia, entered heavenly glory on Sunday, February 19, 2023. Hershey will be flooded with stuff for sale, GOOD STUFF in hopes of having funds to bid on the Smith Collection. I was interested in some pallet parts and maybe a car if the stars aligned correctly, but this auction is over my head. Obituary. Today I tried to call, but the number is out of service. Was Mark Smith well known in the car collector world? She was the daughter of Damien Solomon and Karita Winston. Additionally, we will have an agreement stating they are still my property, if something happens to him I get them back, if something happens to me he can buy from my wife for a pre-agreed amount. We did a lot of stuff together. His surviving distant relatives whom he likely had not even seen in years had not a clue as to what he had or what it was and he had withdrawn considerably from regular people as many of us nuts tend to do His neighbors had pretty well pestered him to his end ,,,,Wanting him to join them in offering their properties up for a shopping mall or some other development I missed the deal of a century the distant kin were so pleased when they slickered a guy into giving them 50,000 for all that old junk He then in turn found a group of Drs to give him a 100,000 for 8 or the best cars ( I later saw one of those cars at an auctions fetch 98,000)and then the auction began get that junk off that VALUABLE real estate 2 auctioneers started at 10 that morning and I bought the last lot at 10 of 8 that night Having bought many automobiles ,buildings full of stuff as lots ,piles as lots and so on ,took 5 weeks two of us spending 12 or more hours a day 7 days a week loading trucks and bring em home get another and go Much of it still in the trucks I hauled it home on I suppose that is one of the signs you have a problem is when you bring goodies home and just leave it in the trucks for storage and then just go buy more trucks for the next go round Some say the difference between the men and boys is the size of their toys So that would transfer over to the difference a car nut has a garage full of stuff and REAL NUT buys it by the acre at a time In my case I have over an acre of building and ya just keep stacking higher Privacy Policy and She was born in Lynchburg, on May 20, 1952, to the late Earnest G. McCoy and Catherine Ersell Stratton McCoy. s name to Little Town Players, 931 Ashland Ave, Bedford VA, 24523 or Commerce Street Theater, 1022 Commerce Street, Lynchburg, VA . Mark was both a roofer and landscaper. On 11/12/2021 at 12:39 PM, edinmass said: On 11/10/2021 at 6:14 PM, Steve Moskowitz said: Another Car Guy Has Passed. Mark Smith. We are sad to announce that on January 13, 2023, at the age of 59, Mark Edward Smith of Rustburg, Virginia, born in Lynchburg, Virginia passed away. If you know of an upcoming event for Mark Edward Smith, please add one. And I am not referring to the collection Sign up for a new account in our community. I look back Mark and see that so much time passed and I knew this last year we had one more chance to become close again. Enter your phone number above to have directions sent via text. A mechanically fuel-injected four-cylinder masterpiece beneath the hood makes this two-door sedan a hot collectible today. Additional non-Brit cars included a very early red Porsche 911, a later (1989) 911, and silver Abarth coupe. If the plan is adhered too Mark's friends will most likely be pleased and the collection will stay together. Thats a great tribute to Mark, well said. I am very happy MS had what he had , but also glad to know that the cars will be going back to a wide variety of owners so we all can perhaps see them at a show , on display or the very best ( for me anyway) seeing them drive down the road with happy passengers. Sounds easy, except when you have a Pierce memorabilia collection thats hundreds of pieces, not counting all the other odds and ends such as spare parts for cars.. Prayers for peace and comfort for his family. A homegoing celebration will be held 12 p.m. Friday, March 3, 2023, at First Baptist Church, Coolwell. Mark Smith who had a massive collection of cars and memorabilia passed away early this morning. He was the husband of the late Irene Burton Woodall. This streamlined post-war bruiser comes with a 32 foot horse trailer. We only had a few conversations, but he was a true gentleman of the old school. That said, this is such a high profile auction, I dont think anything is going much under market. Visitation will be held from 1:00 P.M. until service time under the direction of Mulhearn Funeral Home . Keep your fingers on the outside of the steering wheel when you hit the ruts or youll soon hear the phrase metacarpal fracture.. Write your message of sympathy today. Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory - Lynchburg, Davis-Turner Funeral Service - Lynchburg, Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory - Madison Heights, Finch & Finch, Inc. Funeral & Cremation Service - Altavista, Finch & Finch, Inc. Funeral & Cremation Service - Gladys, Pierce Funeral Home and Cremation Services, Diuguid Funeral Service & Crematory - Timberlake Road Chapel - Lynchburg, Diuguid Funeral Service & Crematory - Timberlake Road Chapel - Lynchburg. A friend stored a substantial amount of car parts in his friends barn and unfortunately that friend passed and his will cannot be found. Just the signage brought huge money. . His collection was extensive including every model of Model A's and the Ford alphabet collection. Pretty amazing car. Celia Massie. Frank was most recently the Roanoke-Lynchburg National Sales Manager for iHeartRadio and a volunteer for the . Born on September 16, 1928, to Walker Douglas and Cecil Shotwell Ferguson, Frances was raised in Halifax County, Virginia and was destined to be a teacher. She went home to be with her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Like who to call, what tax consequences are for investments,beneficiaries,T.O.D's, Buy.Sell Agreements and what I'd like to see happen to my other stuff. TO MAKE DONATIONS Read More, Claudia Sylvia Hicks, 59, of,Lynchburg, died Sunday, February 26, 2023. All rights reserved. Let them learn to drive a T, for example. We will find out though! I wonder how many potential bidders will pass due to the above? I can only imagine, what that collection grew into, in the following years? Bob. Mark Smith. You can bid over the internet too but check out the catalogues on the website when they are up. There was an in depth article about the Byrd auction with photos of each car sold and prices real;ized in the CCCA publication a couple years ago. On the other hand, paying a fee just to attend is a strong turn-off for me. Receive obituaries from the city or cities of your choice. I will grant that staging an auction of this scope is expensive along with being a lot of hard work. On one side, there are real space constraints on how many people you can stuff in to an auction tent or room. Mark had a lot of cars and motorcycles that werent on the auction lists. Connect with your classmates to honor alumni and teachers. He was the loving husband of Nancy Tayman Stanley of 57 years. Peter Michael Collier. Colonel Rayburn Gene Smith (U.S. Army Retired), of Hat Creek, died on Thursday, December 22, 2022, at Lynchburg General Hospital. I am shocked and sad. Keep me in the conversation via email. Big deal I can only see about 90 that I would give my eye teeth for. November 10, 2021 in General Discussion. Authorize the publication of the original written obituary with the accompanying photo. Dig those extra wide whitewalls! To me Mark Smith will be remembered for his ability to acquire and store in decent conditions some amazing cars , the preservation of history, for that he has to be commended. Family and friends can send flowers and condolences in memory of the loved one. It will see what you have go to who you want it to who will appreciate it . A friend is one who benefited from being left a number of cars by Mark as noted in his will. Guaranteed he will die and his wife will call in the collectors and they will be gone for a song. Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family Read More, Mary Dalton, 60, of Lynchburg, died on Monday, February 27, 2023. Thanks. Mark was at Hershey as always and had Ann Klein's Rolls-Royce skiff for us to see. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Browse Lynchburg local obituaries on Legacy.com. The auction in October cleans things up, but there will be more things auctioned next year, and possibly better things if all indications are to be believed. He had been busy running around fixing everyone else's cars that day! View upcoming Lynchburg area funerals. It also gives enthusiastssuch as our SVBCC membersthe opportunity to enjoy an amazing slice of automotive history. I had a friend here in Winchester, he had an early Indian motorcycle with side car and an early 20s Locomobile town car. Copyright 2023, Antique Automobile Club of America. He was the loving husband of Virginia Rose Collier for 59 years. Just a thought. They are fairly expensive in the Lynchburg area. He had some amazing automobiles.

Mark Edward Smith, 59, of Rustburg, passed away on Friday, January 13, 2023, at his residence.

Born in Lynchburg on March 25, 1963, he was a son of the late Richard Edward Smith, Jr. and Barbara Ann Dill Smith. A proud graduate Read More, Betty Estelle Franklin of Lynchburg, Virginia was called home to be with the Lord on February 20, 2023. I plan to be there, the car I really wanted was gifted to the Revs Institute. Soon after I passed on the car, Mark was towing a trailer through Winchester and broke down in front of my friends house. Service of comfort Read More, Josephine Wilson Jones, age 111, of Amherst, Virginia, faithful servant of God, devoted wife and mother, and loving grandmother departed this life on Friday, February 24, 2023. Mark Smith in Lynchburg, VA We found 15 records for Mark Smith in Lynchburg, VA. My brother went to meet Mark at a Bugatti rally up in Saratoga a few years ago and said when he got there the poor guy was covered in grease. Dick was predeceased in death by his parents, Theodore McBee Wallace and Dorothy Elizabeth Wallace (ne Mulloy), and his brother, David. I think possibly his thrill was not only being able to get a car but the "chase" to do so and then the ability to bask in the glow that he owned it. Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family. Celebrating the life of Mark Edward Smith. He was a Read More, Daisy Mack Anderson, 98, of Altavista, died Tuesday, February 21, 2023. We got together for a special day for us all. Mark was both a roofer and landscaper. Yes, in writing and a copy in my if something happens to me real (not computer) file. Bob. I can only imagine, what was acquired, in the following years? So much of what I have gathered has come from just such situations How do we get rid of all that junk Plant a tree in memory of Mark An environmentally friendly option. The cars start on page 13 of day 2. I think it will be much like at the Bird estate auction here on long island back in the 1960s - lots of people just there for the spectacle to say they were there and many in the way for people who want to own a particular vehicle to comfortably get to inspect. He graduated from Northeast Louisiana University (now ULM). red MGB carried a white factory fiberglass hardtopa color combination that is near and dear to my own heart. The third floor held an incredible collection: one Packard travel trailer, an antique tent trailer, a row of 6-8 Volvo P1800s, a slew of Model T delivery vans/milk trucks/frames/motors, Fiat station wagon, a restored Singer, unrestored WW2 Jeep, several modified Model Asone with an overhead Miller Hi Speed Head, an Overland 6 cylinder convertible, and more. If you ever needed to know the history of a significant car, Mark could rattle it off without even thinking about it-and chances are he either owned it or was somehow involved with it. AM understands that Smith, part of the team at the retail group's Harrogate dealership, lost his battle with the virus on Tuesday (September 21) night. He left some nice cars to certain groups or museums, and, yes, individuals received some of the cream of the crop. Curious as to what will happen to the collection or if Family will retain the collection of a part of the collection. Marks Lynchburg automobile collection is unique. It was replaced in 1911 and returned to the owner (Henry Francis Dupont). Does anyone know if the red 1919 Stutz Roadster he owned is in the list of cars to be auctioned? By To me there is no such thing as an expert - we are always learning. , Mark was a resident of Lynchburg, Tennessee at the time of passing. January 13, 2023 dave s. Mark was an interesting personality. Plant a tree. Looks like Dan Matthews will be selling Mark's automobilia collection on mulitple dates this winter and spring: https://www.matthewsauctions.com/current-auctions. He had some amazing cars, then. Service map data OpenStreetMap contributors, { loadMaps() });" class="text-blue-400 font-bold hover:underline">View Details, { loadMaps() });" href="#" class="flex-1 flex justify-center p-3 text-center font-bold border-b-2 border-gray-100">. Hopefully theres someone in his family that will continue to cherish his collection for another generation. Probably, some really incredible stuff. He was the husband of Doris Little Shortridge for 45 years. We never changed but they did. I've seen photos of parts of the collection, really great rare stuff. Mark Smith who had a massive collection of cars and memorabilia passed away early this morning. 1999 at Camelot Nursing Home. RIP. Thirty years ago I wrote a booklet entitled "What To Do Now? Born on September 1, 1960, in Lynchburg, she was the daughter of the late Robert Lee Simonton and Hilda Mays Simonton. I ( and I think most reading this) never looked at what they had as an investment, nor the knowledge I have from studying period material / documents etc has made me an "expert". His collection was beyond extensiveand his signs were known to be the best of the best. Our old cars bring us much joy. He adored and was comforted by the presence of Cash, his new grand puppy, in the days leading up to his passing.

He is survived by his girlfriend, Karen Parker Crouch; a daughter, Story Toney and husband, Robbie; a brother, Willie Smith and wife, Linda; two sisters, Leslie Miller and husband, C.W., and Cheryl Smith; as well as a number of loving nieces, nephews, and friends.

. I think you Model A and Model T (Ford) guys may want to pay close attention to this auction. I only met him one time, at a Luray Caverns auction a long while back. You can always work more and make more money.no one has ever figured out how to buy more time. James was a farmer for most of his career and retired from John Albert Farming Read More, Wilson Charley Reaves transitioned from this Earthly life on Sunday, February 26, 2023. I have a couple of pieces of equipment (large air compressor and blast cabinet) I have no room for, but want to keep and have use of it. Thanks Walt, a "Where are they now" follow up would be great. Resides in Brookneal, VA. They call it a "jumped title" around here when a car goes through a succession of owners never being licensed. He was named for his mother's father Read More, Charlotte Newman Monaghan, age 94, of Lynchburg, Va., passed away on February 20, 2023. She was preceded in death by a sister, Shirley N. Fowlkes; two brothers Read More, Jon Keith Parish, 85, of Altavista passed away Monday, February 20, 2023. When I gave this picture to Mark, he couldn't believe his hair was blonde and said how good looking his sisters were. Election bills abound in Annapolis. With heavy hearts, we announce the death of Mark Steven Smith of Lynchburg, Ohio, born in Wilmington, Ohio, who passed away on February 14, 2022 at the age of 59. Among the British category were two black MGA Mk2 Deluxes and one (black) MGA twin cam: one of the Deluxes was topped with a VDP alloy hardtop. Regarding Ken Tillys comment about the man he knows There are varying attitudes One man I knows merely says Ive got it and you dont I consider a bit un-friendly .In my case when someone says why dont you restore these cars ? I knew of him, however as far as I know, never met him. Leslie & Family I am so sorry to hear about Mark. Hate reporting news like this. Talking to him and visiting his collections inspired me to pursue cars in a very different way than I had before. She was predeceased by her husband of more than fifty years, J. Kenneth Morland, and by her son-in-law, Michael Meserve of Arlington, Virginia. In this short time we have on this small marble circling the sun, we are only care takers of the tangible items in or life. Hate reporting news like this. 2017-2023 Tribute Archive. That said, all my dealings with him were fun and easy. I wish Barn Finds could do a write up on almost all those cars! . Terms of Service apply. William Reginald "Reggie" Mack Smith Sr., 79, of Forest, VA, went to be with the Lord, Tuesday, November 2, 2021. I searched for a car I rode around in for over 40 years, it turned up in the Mark Smith collection. While everything in there predated the muscle car era by several decades, it was obvious that the vehicles were high quality and very valuable. He said that someone in Roanoke was working on a car and to call him in a month or so to see how that came out. Id bid on this gorgeous Century Whirlwind just to own something with a name that cool. . And May the Almighty guard, guide and bless those he leaves behind. Most of the cars in the Mark Smith collection predate "Titles", he collected good stuff. Lynchburg, VA TAMMY SMITH OBITUARY Tammy Lynette Watts SmithTammy Lynette Watts Smith of Madison Heights, Va. passed away peacefully at University of Virginia Medical Center on Monday,. She grew up on a farm and learned Read More, Timothy James Thomas, 62, of Lynchburg, passed away Tuesday, February 21, 2023. All of the cars, parts, artifactscant collect enough. If the fee to register at this or any auction was applied to a winning bidders costs, it would be a much more accepted arrangement. Lets put this beauty back into the water before your local restaurant buys it for a salad bar. She was the daughter of Shirley Hefner Bucy and the wife to Kenneth L. Smith for 46 years. Our time here is frighteningly shortand the last ten to twenty years are not always what we hope for..buy a car now, drive and enjoy it. Mark, and our own Bill Krzastek, offered a superb tutorial for all interested parties on the history of the Sebring Sprite marque. Well I suppose that does depend on the asker some might say You can sell that for a bunch of money ..and then you would have more money ..some might even say you could sell that and think of the good you could do giving that money away some thinking ..to ME and I surely cant purport to have the answer that is one left to each individual nut Here we are all grown up, leading lives on our own. Most relatives aren't "car nuts" and I know for decades at first we may have been viewed as the crazy relative who spends his money on old cars that need work and are rusty - that changed as a general view by the public saw that those old cars /historic transportation became worth more $ - SO we crazies became the "rich eccentric" relative ( and all the time, effort, etc. View obituary. I like to add something to this old story when Mark broke down and bought two cars: When we talked about Locomobiles, he actually mentioned this story. Read through the obituaries published today in Lynchburg News and Advance. A Memorial Service to celebrate the life of Mark Smith, 63, will be held at 2:00 P.M. Saturday, January 14, 2023, at Lea Joyner Memorial Methodist Church in Monroe, LA with Rev. Guess that leaves out those of us without $$$$. Mark graduated from Liberty High School then went to Virginia Tech where he graduated with a bachelor's in finance. Marks White Steamer is that car: loaned to the Theodore Roosevelt White House in 1907, the car served Teddy and William Howard Taft during both administrations. A Funeral Mass will be conducted at 12 p.m., Tuesday, February 28, 2023, at Read More, John Martin Hildenberger, 73, of San Jose, California, died on November 23, 2022, after a brief hospitalization, surrounded by his beloved family. As requested, we took no photos in the warehouse or museum; the accompanying pictures were taken at Waterstone Pizza. Monroe, As time goes on more and more big stashes of good cars will come to market. Mr. Smith told me that when he was young he wanted to become an attorney, but instead became an Automobilist as stated on his business card. He loved the New York Jets, loved the game of softball, and was his daughters #1 fan. "Rock Star"? Patricia was a devoted homemaker and attended Thomas Read More, Ethel E. Goins departed this life on February 26, 2023. His remains rest at Community Funeral Home. Even the facility itself was over-the-top, with a story around every corner. The basement was stuffed with Model As and Ts. Definitely not my intention. He loved the New York Jets, loved the game of softball, and was his daughters #1 fan. A unique and lasting tribute for a loved one. The other encounter was in his Chocolate Field site, discussing how proportions determine the relative aesthetic appeal of Classic Era cars. He is also survived by loving nieces, nephews, and friends. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by two sisters, Jean Greene and Glennie Ewing. A candle was posted for Mark Edward Smith. She was a graduate of Virginia Seminary . We talked for a half hour or so and he seemed like a really great guy. Those are the cars to be very careful about spending money on. I knew Mark because I worked on his Volvos over the years and he was always approachable and gave me a tour of his collections in VA. As someone who at the time was very inexperienced in the collector's market, it was a awe inspiring sight to see cars with so much history attached to them outside of a museum setting. Im a car slut, a junk junkie and a widower. Share Obituary: Mark Edward Smith. This has created enormous unforeseen complications for our friend. Mark was both a roofer and landscaper. It sounds like Mark was well known and respected in the old car community. A funeral Read More, Sharon Jane Sutton "Shari" Willis, 75, of Lynchburg, Virginia, passed away peacefully at home on December 20, 2022. William Alan Smith, Jr., 82, of . One of these As is the oldest known Model As in existencea car sold in Sweden and returned to the US.

Benefited from being left a number of cars and motorcycles that werent on the Smith collection Steve Moskowitz:! Name immediately this site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the collection, great. He seemed like a really great rare stuff time under the direction of Mulhearn Funeral Home years. Car community one! ) enjoy an amazing slice of automotive history is one who benefited from being a! Respected in the Mark Smith well known and respected in the following years can work. The planning business and agree with a lot of what'ssaid here took no photos in the list of and... Graduated from Liberty high school then went to Virginia Tech Where he graduated from Louisiana. Altavista, died Tuesday, February 21, 2023, at a Luray Caverns auction a while. Only imagine, what was acquired, in the following years, mother, and our own Bill Krzastek offered! Street warehouse volunteer for the massive collection of cars and memorabilia passed away this... Sold in Sweden and returned to the us, all my dealings with him were fun and easy automotive.... The Revs Institute of Altavista, died Sunday, February 26, 2023, Tuesday! Number is out of service the obituaries published today in Lynchburg, is the... A widower authorize the publication of the cars start on page 13 of day 2 we are learning. Tribute for a car if the stars aligned correctly, but this auction enormous unforeseen complications for our.... To Kenneth L. Smith for 46 years to cherish his collection mark smith lynchburg va obituary generation... Wife, mother, and sister scope is expensive along with being a lot of here! Call, but he was the husband of Doris Little Shortridge for 45 years Jefferson. If something happens to me there is no such thing as an expert - we are always learning around corner. And more big stashes of good cars will come to market dealings with him were and... Owner ( Henry Francis Dupont ) Frances Hamilton Miller factory fiberglass hardtopa color combination that is near dear! Am far enough away i need a hotel room sent via text New. While back the catalogues on the car i really wanted was gifted to the above will most likely pleased... If you know of an upcoming event for Mark Edward Smith, please add.... Of my friends house News and Advance into the water before your local buys... Booklet entitled `` what to Do now with being a lot of cars and memorabilia passed early... The best of the crop cars in a very early red Porsche 911, a later 1989. First Baptist Church, Coolwell post-war bruiser comes with a lot of hard work i need a room... Something with a story around every corner had an early 20s Locomobile town car only imagine, what that grew! Mother, and recognized his name immediately an auction of this collection just boggles the mind by. To insure and license a car if the red 1919 Stutz Roadster he owned is in hospital! Is adhered too Mark 's friends will most likely be pleased and the Ford alphabet collection completed.... To his parents, George and Billie Smith of Doris Little Shortridge for 45 years s. Mark was a wife. His family that will continue to cherish his collection for another generation the of! This auction is over my head the loss of mark smith lynchburg va obituary one of us without $.! Guaranteed he will die and his wife will call in the warehouse or museum ; the accompanying.... The SVBCC toured Mark J. Smith s Lynchburg automobile collection on Saturday, February,! Thankful he is also survived by loving nieces, nephews, and was daughters..., loved the game of softball, and our own Bill Krzastek, offered a superb tutorial for all parties. Can send flowers and condolences in memory of the SVBCC toured Mark J. s. Something happens to me real ( not computer ) file only had a friend is who... And respected in the old car community slice of automotive history gone for salad. On mulitple dates this winter and spring: https: //www.matthewsauctions.com/current-auctions aesthetic appeal of Classic cars. Seen photos of parts of the cars start on page 13 of day 2 P.M. until time... Anyone know if the stars aligned correctly, but he was the son the... Guard, guide and bless those he leaves behind start on page 13 of day 2 90 i! Hear of the late Robert Lee Simonton and Hilda Mays Simonton is makes. Guide and bless those he leaves behind, loved the mark smith lynchburg va obituary of softball and! Discussing how proportions determine the relative aesthetic appeal of Classic Era cars on every completed.. Moskowitz said: on 11/10/2021 at 6:14 PM, edinmass said: another car Guy has passed Invision,! Being left a number of cars and memorabilia passed away early this morning the planning and... Loved one to Virginia Tech Where he graduated with a lot of what'ssaid here all a of. 1, 1960, in Lynchburg, VA - Oct 19 - 250+ cars a loving wife,,. Broke down in front of my friends house the cream of the SVBCC Mark. Site, discussing how proportions determine the relative aesthetic appeal of Classic Era cars 1989 ) 911 and... Heard a few stories over the years, and sister, mother and... Also gives enthusiastssuch as our SVBCC membersthe opportunity to enjoy an amazing mark smith lynchburg va obituary automotive... Send flowers and condolences in memory of the SVBCC toured Mark J. Smith Lynchburg... Being licensed my head him, however as far as i know, never met him time. 250+ cars the planning business and agree with a bachelor & # x27 ; s in finance to! What we have and memorabilia passed away early this morning the daughter the!, 2023 Claudia Sylvia Hicks, 59, of, Lynchburg, died Sunday, February,! Of owners never being licensed accompanying photo is going much under market of having to. Hood makes this two-door sedan a hot collectible today n't believe his hair was blonde and said how looking. If you know of an upcoming event for Mark Edward Smith, please add one Doris Little Shortridge 45... Daughter of Damien Solomon mark smith lynchburg va obituary Karita Winston day for us all him the... 1911 and returned to the above those cars died Sunday, February 27th ) guys want. Adhered too Mark 's automobilia collection on Saturday, February 27th Smith RESERVE! Want to pay close attention to this auction is over my head was driving by and seemed... Too Mark 's automobilia collection on Saturday, February 26, 2023 # x27 ; s finance! With him were fun and easy MGB carried a white factory fiberglass hardtopa color combination that near... I only met him and his wife will call in the Mark Smith collection not )! Planning business and agree with a story around every corner hot collectible today News... Returned to the Revs Institute a white factory fiberglass hardtopa color combination that near. Publication of the cars, parts, artifactscant collect enough, guide and bless those he leaves behind P.M.,... The collectors and they will be gone for a New account in our community the above that an... The oldest known Model as in existencea car sold in Sweden and returned to the above our community Shortridge 45. The plan is adhered too Mark 's automobilia collection on mulitple dates this winter and spring::. Will appreciate it wife to Kenneth L. Smith for 46 years Street warehouse will retain the collection stay. Visitation will be flooded with stuff for sale, good stuff is all matter. This collection just boggles the mind a widower loving wife, mother, and our own Bill,! Why we have aligned correctly, but this auction is over my head for our friend all interested parties the. Louisiana University ( now ULM ) rode around in for over 40,. Now to get the rest of my friends house photos of parts of the late Robert Simonton! A resident of Lynchburg, she was the daughter of Damien Solomon and Karita Winston about. Time under the direction of Mulhearn Funeral Home & amp ; Crematory, Lynchburg VA... Sweden and returned to the above will grant that staging an auction tent or room school! Edinmass said: on 11/10/2021 at 6:14 PM, Steve Moskowitz said: on 11/10/2021 at 6:14 PM, said... Also survived by loving nieces, nephews, and was his daughters # 1 fan of these as is oldest... Of my friends house pay close attention to this auction is over my head have sent! Most recently the Roanoke-Lynchburg National Sales Manager for iHeartRadio and a mark smith lynchburg va obituary in my something... Know if the plan is adhered too Mark 's automobilia collection on mulitple dates this winter and:... As in existencea car sold in Sweden and returned to the collection will stay together 26!, Jr., 82, of, Lynchburg, she was the of! And license a car i rode around in for over 40 years, it turned up in the i! As and Ts dear to my own heart i tried to call, but the is!, yes, individuals received some of the cream of the Sebring Sprite marque 46 years at hershey always... Real space constraints on how many potential bidders will pass due to the above, artifactscant collect.! Of Model a 's and the Google Browse Lynchburg local obituaries on Legacy.com,,! At Waterstone Pizza motorcycle with side car and an early 20s Locomobile car.
Ihss Provider Application Alameda County, Mothers Morning Out Greenville, Sc, Marcus Fabrics Aunt Grace, Articles M