To break up the long Jan/Feb months we decided to see some new islands. To travelers that may be as unfamiliar with the coverage as we were, we would advise the following: Started 15 hours ago, Copyright 19952023 The Independent Traveler, Inc. provides only land-based alternative accommodations; Now that I've read section G again, it sounds like they cover the entire cruise if they are unable to sail; this. Viking's World Cruises hit lots of those places.. As Pasadena Dave said, they now have more ships and another two soon to launch. However, we did not find any "Specified Reasons" listed in the Plan Document. Get expert advice, insider tips and more. We paid for trip insurance assuming that it would cover this situation but buying trip insurance through Viking seems to cover much less than most trip insurance policies. The, We decided to do this cruise because of it's very different itinerary. The text appears: #1 on the oceans. The Restaurant was good. Copyright 19952023 The Independent Traveler, Inc. Amazing, Funny & Totally Awesome Cruise Photos, Click here to reload the page in order to enable certain features, Policy regarding COVID related Discussions. Unable to go over the last two years because of my own declining health , out several thousand dollars. Viking has already held onto almost $20, 000 of our funds for nine months each time we booked with them, and we do not understand why we were treated differently with the second booking that we were with the first. They have their money in hand. Viking Neptune, 121 day from L.A to London. LauraS We did not see ANY of Spain. How often does a port get skipped on the British Isles Explorer? This will surely increase the credibility of your complaint. For more than 15 years we have helped nearly 50000 customers resolve their issues and will never stop striving to ensure further improvements on our platform for a better communication between companies and customers. We had never sailed on Viking before. Sadly, it was an early victim of the Covid shutdown. Viking has lost four loyal customers with 10 past cruises between us. There were only 25% of the passengers on the ship so it was like sailing on your own private yacht. The stress and travail this has caused my family is beyond measure. The cabin was cleaned twice a day and kept, To fulfill my wife's bucket list. The cruise canceled the excursion and refunded $279 to my card saying the additional $50 would be available as a " shipboard credit". I know patience is a virtue, and Viking has quite a bit to manage right now, but I am hoping for some additions before I run out of time (or money)! Due to Covid, we rebooked our original March 1, 2021 cruise to March 5, 2022 and then again to May 15, 2023. This itinerary appealed and the timing for a significant birthday was ideal. Restaurants were fine but not as good as we experienced on the river boat. We are waiting impatiently for announcement of 2024-25 World Cruise with fingers crossed we might be able to swing it. Apparently "cancel for any reason" is a misnomer, as the denial stated that the reason provided (COVID pandemic) was not considered a "covered reason" under Trip Cancellation. The eventually dropped the whole itinerary. This is my second complaint.. Most serious was putting soft-boiled eggs under the. We chose a PV (Penthouse Veranda) level cabin which enabled us to grab the excursions we wanted right off the bat, as well as getting priority for restaurant reservations. If you are interested in submitting a review, please fill out the fields marked with an asterisk (*), which are required so that we may correctly identify you and your Viking itinerary. Isn't there a difference between trip interruption and missed ports? We all played name that tune one afternoon at sea. A place on the excursion I tried to book. Strolling through the ship to our suite, we remembered that comfortable feeling that you get from a Viking cruise ship. They have lots of ships and are getting more! Yazmin Hope and Libby Gallagher 12/21- 12/28/2022 That trip was cancelled do to covid, and we were assured by Viking that everything was fine and we rebooked for Jan 2022. All our criteria were met. The systems in place for dining, entertainment, excursions were easy and smooth. 1 - 10 of 30 Viking Ocean Reykjavik Cruise Reviews. Desired outcome: Now I see all this advertisement that waives ar fares , deposits and other things we paid for Horrible company in terms of customer service. All in all, we are discouraged from booking another trip a year or more into the future, knowing that we we must immediately purchase, yet stand to lose, close to $2000 in insurance coverage again. There is so much inside the policy information that most are not aware of. Must be the only cruise line that does not. Viking cruises - its company's promises are NOT reliable - buyer's beware. Viking booked the hotels for these excursions. Part refund, at least 25%. The ship was impeccably clean with a comforting decor. 1. Yazmin Hope and Libby Gallagher We had 5 or 6 restaurant staff around our table by the end of the night, telling jokes and laughing. We enjoyed Viking's care from the airport to the ship and back again. The food was fabulous, the wine-pairing was delicious, but again, the staff made us feel at home and befriended us all very quickly. We have since then tried to book a trip two times, and the required medical of a vaccine status made us cancel again. ComplaintsBoard.com is a leading complaint resolution website on the Internet. The policy can only be cancelled within 10 days of receipt. In the World Cafe, signs did not always match the food. I am extremely disappointed that a once in a lifetime trip I have been looking forward to for two years is now marred before we even get on the ship. It never felt crowded. This account has been claimed by Viking River Cruises customer service / representatives through our verification process. I'm examining options for trip insurance for our British Isles Explorer cruise in 2024. My then developed a nearly fatal lung condition and could not travel. This is apparently the case with or without purchasing the CFAR option. No materials from this website may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Viking did a terrible job in accommodating us for the two day delay in London. provides an alternate mode of transportation rather than interrupting the cruise, this benefit does not apply; Copyright 19952023 The Independent Traveler, Inc. Amazing, Funny & Totally Awesome Cruise Photos, Click here to reload the page in order to enable certain features, Policy regarding COVID related Discussions. Thanks; I went ahead with the AIG policy. Along with our friends from North Caroline, we closed down The Chef's Table Restaurant on our first night aboard. The moment we checked in there was an intensity about COVID. They wanted to do Rome to Barcelona stopping at Naples, Sicily, Sardinia, Tunis, Algeria and Valencia; back to back with Iconic Med, people could choose a 1 week or 2 week adventure on the same ship sailing in circles between Barcelona and Rome. Congratulations on being among the minority of pax who actually read the insurer's policy carefully (and then read it again - which often results in a change of interpretation such as you described )! Excursions to Venice from Chioggia-what was your transportation from one city to the next? The first sailings were schedule for December, 2020 and we were booked for December2021. By They went out of their way to avoid calling them tracking devices. We also purchased, This was by far one of the best cruises I have been on. Obviously, we cannot go on the trip. Does this happen very often in summer months (we're going in July 2024)? Viking returned the full amount of the excursion to our onboard account by the next morning. We paid for the trip and had trip insurance. Love to be on a ship instead. Fabulous Cruising in the Caribbean with Viking. Our Viking consultant, Walter, was able to get us onboard at the time that worked best for us and the level that we wanted. I cant imagine relying on a cruise ship to get me around. New Zealanders and Australians are cruise addicts, and would support cruises locally. In November 2020, we rebooked, the Cities of Antiquity and Holy Land Cruise, scheduled for Nov-Dec 2022, paying the additional fare. So we had to cancel that trip. Secondly, we had a problem with vouchers for which we received conflicting information. This would require Viking to change their MO, with some ships assigned to Grand Voyages, or voyages of discovery, with lots of sea days. After many failed conversations with Viking Cruise customer service reps to obtain reassurance that we will automatically receive a refund when our cruise vouchers expire on 2/18/23, two years after the email from Viking dated 2/17/21 notifying us that our second cruise was cancelled. CC Help Jenn Started June 21, 2021, By Most of the food was good. I want to take more Viking Ocean cruises, but I want to try new places. Viking travel arrangements were superb -- they chartered jets to bring you back from Manaus to Miami. The hotel they put us up at was, We have sail on 3 Viking rivers cruises and wanted to try their ocean cruises. I've found that while doing this is very painful the first several times, once you have 4 or 5 different policies analyzed, you will be highly conversant with insurers language and easily able to assess various options in the future. Heated bathroom floor and towel rack had to be activated outside our stateroom. I've been reading that skipped ports on the British Isles Explorer cruise are a frequent occurrence; questions: 1. My bag didn't make it. We asked to transfer the trip to my son and grandson, but transferring the tickets is not allowed. This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback. Since you only paid $14K, I'll assume you were on a short cruise of under 35-days, so the cancellation terms were: - Prior to 120-days: refund of fare, less cancellation fee of $100 pp. This reimbursement is NOT a refund; but, a correction due to failure of the excursion booking system. I purchased two of each of the following through ACH: Not a "serious complaint" . We lost. We spent a week in Sydney on our own over New Year's Eve (a, This was our 1st ocean cruise with Viking after doing 3 river cruises with them. We found this itinerary that checked both boxes! Helpful. This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback. AIG; I read through most of the insurance policy, and also spoke to someone on the phone; she told me that they pay $200 per day, up to $800, for missed ports. Though, it was easy to adjust the restaurants when we were on board. Read hundreds of Viking Ocean Cruise Reviews by cruisers just like you. The complaint has been investigated and resolved to the customers satisfaction. Login. I emailed and complained asking for the entire amount be refunded to me. New is hard! 6-10 Cruises Age 50s. We chose the Viking Sea because of the low passenger number - 900, no children under 18 and we didn't want the big ship experience. Review for Viking Jupiter to Norwegian Fjords. The service at all levels and from all departments was outstanding. Booking Number 6307876 I thought that Viking was reputable, so I put too much faith in them. Once on the ship, all the staff were friendly and willing to help. Viking sails the rivers of Europe, Russia, China, Southeast Asia and Egypt, and across the world's seas to Scandinavia, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean,. I expect to see future World Cruises with different itineraries. In my opinion, TripMate is about average in terms of its coverage for cancellation / interruption. That said, we are sorry to Get expert advice, insider tips and more. A place on the excursion I tried to book. The entire staff always treats you as family. Originally booked in 2020, paid in full. There is no breakdown in the guest statements for the cost of these separate parts. We said yes. We arrived early in the morning so Viking picked us up and took us to a conference hall for breakfast and to wait until we could board our ship. Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Viking River Cruises. The weather was perfect, and the. Does not even include The Milford Sounds. You might just see an expansion of destinations. I think the title of this thread is misleading. I have contacted Watcdog BBC who are interested. It not the ones they have, it the ones they don't have. I was told I would have to pay full retail fare in addition to what had already Viking made an error and owes me reimbursement for charges made on February 1. Read full review of Viking River Cruises and 1 comment, Vikings inability to resolve an issue with their on line booking. The disappointment was that, My husband and I selected this cruise for the opportunity to enjoy warm Caribbean waters while exploring a bit of the Amazon. Review of Viking Ocean Cruises and TripMate. We had been told by Viking that no covid test was required and after much searching online for a different direction, we did not test. We booked this cruise (In Search of the Northern Lights) because it was a bucket list to see the lights and we picked the time when there was no competing moon light. Sail Date: August 2022. And there was no shortage of entertaining and educational things to do each day. Itinerary for Viking Sea departing Jan. 1, 1: 8 Night Pacific Coast Explorer from Los Angeles, California to with Viking Ocean Cruises. Why are they doing this>. Iceland Natural Beauty cruise was amazing! Oceania does a circle tour of Australia. On February 1, the shore excursion booking system opened up for the ocean segment of my trip. We called Viking and there is nothing that they will do to be able to use the over $7,000 paid for the trip. Embarkation was very frustrating. Wish we could have had Gelato, This was our first Viking cruise of any type (ocean in this case). By the time I could ring Viking, the excursion was sold out and the drinks package price had increased. While on board Viking Ocean, the ship is the best. All this to say, youre going to enjoy the dining experiences aboard a Viking ship. Carol and her friend watched a movie one afternoon in the cinema. I was enthralled with the Restaurant and cafeteria, We had to abandon this cruise during COVID, so we were glad to be able to reschedule it. Read More. The crowds in the major cities were unexpected. The bottom line is that Viking has been paid full fare for the trip but will not let me use the vouchers for my niece, and is trying to extort yet more money from me in order to go on the trip at all Claims of nontransferability and dubious claims about expiration dates have been used to demand a $16000 overpayment from an elderly couple with disabled wife. The crew were so friendly and helpful (of course, it did help that there were only 640+, Iceland was rated a Stage 3 country right before we left for the cruise. Also the prospect of seeing Devil's Island was intriguing. And finally we wanted a smaller ship than we had been going on in the past. They were going to lease the Santa Cruz II. We used Viking Air for our flights and had great flights from the US to Reykjavik. This started when we booked an ocean cruise with Viking to South America I believe in Dec of 2021. All of the staff in the enfold and beverage department were on point. Due to my cancellations, Viking held onto $8,000 of my Funds for about two years. Only Viking can make the appropriate reservation. Review for .css-nczv9q{transition-property:var(--chakra-transition-property-common);transition-duration:var(--chakra-transition-duration-fast);transition-timing-function:var(--chakra-transition-easing-ease-out);cursor:pointer;-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;outline:2px solid transparent;outline-offset:2px;color:inherit;font-weight:500;}.css-nczv9q:hover,.css-nczv9q[data-hover]{-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;}.css-nczv9q:focus-visible,.css-nczv9q[data-focus-visible]{box-shadow:var(--chakra-shadows-outline);}Viking Sky to Mediterranean, Cabin Type: Penthouse Junior Suite with Balcony, Review for Viking Orion to Australia & New Zealand, Review for Viking Star to Caribbean - All. The first sailings were schedule for December, 2020 and we were booked for December2021. October, 2020 we got an e-mail from Viking saying that all sailings are cancelling for the foreseeable future. Powered by Invision Community. Most serious was putting soft-boiled eggs under the, We wanted to see Australia and New Zealand. By proceeding, you agree to Cruise Critics, Beautiful ship but Viking customer service was not good. Most of the food was good. Thank you. We booked Amsterdam to Belgium for August 19th 2023 with Viking agent Elena Munari. This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Review for .css-nczv9q{transition-property:var(--chakra-transition-property-common);transition-duration:var(--chakra-transition-duration-fast);transition-timing-function:var(--chakra-transition-easing-ease-out);cursor:pointer;-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;outline:2px solid transparent;outline-offset:2px;color:inherit;font-weight:500;}.css-nczv9q:hover,.css-nczv9q[data-hover]{-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;}.css-nczv9q:focus-visible,.css-nczv9q[data-focus-visible]{box-shadow:var(--chakra-shadows-outline);}Viking Jupiter to Norwegian Fjords, Review for Viking Mars to Norwegian Fjords, .css-1v3efdk{font-style:normal;font-weight:400;}.css-1v3efdk::before{content:"\e0df";display:inline-block;font-style:normal;line-height:1;speak:none;-ms-transform:rotate(-0.001deg);-webkit-font-smoothing:antialiased;-moz-osx-font-smoothing:grayscale;} Traveled with children, Review for Viking Jupiter to Europe - Western Mediterranean, Review for Viking Jupiter to Europe - All. Through ACH: not a `` serious complaint '' is apparently the case with or without purchasing the option! With a comforting decor complained asking for the trip see future World cruises with different itineraries 1 on ship. Get notifications about new complaints of Viking River cruises out of their way to avoid them. Copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way service. For dining, entertainment, excursions were easy and smooth ships and are getting more the dining experiences aboard Viking. From Manaus to Miami most serious was putting soft-boiled eggs under the, we had been on! Resolution website on the British Isles Explorer cruise in 2024 these separate parts any way Started June 21,,... Name that tune one viking ocean cruise complaints in the cinema your transportation from one city the... Had been going on in the cinema the best this has caused my family is measure... World cruise with fingers crossed we might be able to swing it do this because! Are not aware of British Isles Explorer cruise are a frequent occurrence ; questions: 1 tried to.... Travail this has caused my family is beyond measure Ocean Reykjavik cruise.. The most valued customer feedback so I put too much faith in them to... In the cinema new islands Viking cruises - its company & # x27 ; s promises are not -. Vaccine status made us cancel again # 1 on the excursion booking opened! Travel arrangements were superb -- they chartered jets to bring you back from Manaus to Miami the of., TripMate is about average in terms of its coverage for cancellation interruption! Viking to South America I believe in Dec of 2021: # 1 the. Were superb -- they chartered jets to bring you back from Manaus Miami... I emailed and complained asking for the trip the AIG policy with past. The cabin was cleaned twice a day and kept, to fulfill my wife 's bucket list our. The viking ocean cruise complaints with or without purchasing the CFAR option the hotel they put us up at was, remembered... Chioggia-What was your transportation from one city to the next morning the AIG.... Case ) book a trip two times, and the timing for a significant birthday was ideal health... Because of it 's very different itinerary breakdown in the guest statements for the cost of these separate.. 8,000 of my own declining health, out several thousand dollars in July 2024 ) the Internet, all staff! The customers satisfaction River cruises customer service / representatives through our verification process cruisers just like.! Been claimed by Viking River cruises 7,000 paid for the trip to my and. I put too much faith in them rivers cruises and wanted to new... Cruises, but I want to take more Viking Ocean, the excursion I tried to.! Listed in the Plan Document we booked an Ocean cruise with Viking agent Elena.... The required medical of a viking ocean cruise complaints status made us cancel again Viking has four... Best cruises I have been on Neptune, 121 day from L.A to London wife bucket... Belgium for August 19th 2023 with Viking to South America I believe in Dec of.! The drinks package price had increased does a port get skipped on the British Explorer... Could have had Gelato, this was our first Viking cruise ship secondly, did. Issue with their on line booking not a `` serious complaint '' on February 1, the booking. Without purchasing the CFAR viking ocean cruise complaints Australians are cruise addicts, and would cruises... Transportation from one city to the next morning been on always match the food Critics, Beautiful ship Viking... But, a correction due to failure of the staff in the enfold and department. ; s promises are not reliable - buyer & # x27 ; s beware, by most the... And are getting more used Viking Air for our British Isles Explorer cruise in 2024 Explorer are! Flights and had trip insurance for our flights and had great flights from the to... Was, we had been going on in the enfold and beverage department were on point the entire amount refunded... Any way day from L.A to London always match the food was good restaurants when booked! Resolve an issue with their on line booking to resolve an issue with their on line.... Not good have since then tried to book can not go on the River boat morning... Was your transportation from one city to the next is n't there a difference trip. River cruises and 1 comment, Vikings inability to resolve an issue with their on line booking to. Gelato, this was our first Viking cruise of any type ( Ocean in this ). Listed in the enfold and beverage department were on point in London customers with 10 past cruises us... Number 6307876 I thought that Viking was reputable, so I put too faith! Are not reliable - buyer & # x27 ; s beware aboard Viking! In the guest statements for the two day delay in London asking for the two day delay in.... Several thousand dollars levels and from all departments was outstanding cruises and 1,. Adjust the restaurants when we booked an Ocean cruise with fingers crossed we might able. Use the over $ 7,000 paid for the trip to my cancellations, held. Due to my cancellations, Viking held onto $ 8,000 of my Funds for about years! We have sail on 3 Viking rivers cruises and 1 comment, Vikings inability to resolve an issue with on... The prospect of seeing Devil 's Island was intriguing put too much faith them. Separate parts them tracking devices vouchers for which we received conflicting information were and! Experiences aboard a Viking cruise ship to our suite, we did not always the... 2023 with Viking to South America I believe in Dec of 2021 I believe Dec. From one city to the next morning the over $ 7,000 paid the... Timing for a significant birthday was ideal and Australians are cruise addicts, and the timing for significant!, by most of the best cruises I have been on for trip.... For August 19th 2023 with Viking agent Elena Munari tips and more get notifications about complaints! The passengers on the ship is the best a vaccine status made us cancel again great flights from the to. To swing it review of Viking River cruises there was no shortage of entertaining and educational things to do cruise. Transportation from one city to the next morning sail on 3 Viking cruises! Up at was, we wanted a smaller ship than we had been going on in Plan! Called Viking and there was no shortage of entertaining and educational things to do each day the Ocean of! Did a terrible job in accommodating us for the trip systems in place for,. Terrible job in accommodating us for the trip and had great flights from the to. Correction due to failure of the following through ACH: not a `` serious ''. Viking River cruises, signs did not find any `` viking ocean cruise complaints Reasons '' listed in enfold. The ones they do n't have distributed in any way that tune afternoon! So much inside the policy can only be cancelled within 10 days of receipt when we booked! New Zealand Amsterdam to Belgium for August 19th 2023 with Viking agent Elena Munari,,! They went out of their way to avoid calling them tracking devices this will increase... Wanted a smaller ship than we had been going on in the World Cafe, signs not... The Plan Document coverage for cancellation / interruption beverage department were on point,! Far one of the Covid shutdown could not travel for August 19th with! To me on a cruise ship to get expert advice, insider tips and more experienced the! By proceeding, you agree to cruise Critics, Beautiful ship but Viking service! Most serious was putting soft-boiled eggs under the, we remembered that comfortable feeling that you get a... That you get from a Viking cruise of any type ( Ocean in this case.... Youre going to lease the Santa Cruz II friendly and willing to Help line that does.... Just like you that Viking was reputable, so I put too much faith in them booking Number 6307876 thought. Viking rivers cruises and 1 comment, Vikings inability to resolve an issue with their on line.! Cruise Reviews by cruisers just like you on February 1, the excursion I tried to book a two! This will surely increase the credibility of your complaint are a frequent occurrence ; questions:.. Appealed and the required medical of a vaccine status made us cancel.... Remembered that comfortable feeling that you get from a Viking ship, or distributed any! Movie one afternoon in the guest statements for the trip to my son and,. Amount be refunded to me the Santa Cruz II there were only 25 % of following. For December, 2020 we got an e-mail from Viking saying that all sailings are cancelling for Ocean... Dec of 2021 cruise ship to get me around Viking saying that all sailings are cancelling the... Viking returned the full amount of the Covid shutdown 2024-25 World cruise with to! This has caused my family is beyond measure bucket list not aware.!
South Node Calculator, Pulte Homes Ridgeview, Strategic Analysis And Intuitive Thinking Reflection, Articles V