Bob was a childhood hero and I got to meet him many years ago. Joseph James!, Platt shared the story at his friends service. A talented wrestler, Brad Armstrong worked a number of gimmicks, but never found the same success as his father, or brother. Steve Armstrong is a professional wrestler and is the son of "Bullet" Bob Armstrong. Please complete the captcha to let us know you are a real person. Please enter your email address and we will send you an email with a reset password code. In July he began teaming with his brother Scott as The James Boys. Although back as a performer in WCW, he was mainly used as a jobber working with his brother Scott as The Armstrongs or James Brothers on Saturday Night, WorldWide and on rare occasions on Monday Nitro. ProWrestling.com - Unfortunately, it has today been confirmed that WWE Hall Of Famer 'Bullet' Bob Armstrong has passed away at the age of 80. It would be a mat moniker that would stick the rest of his life. (Use code PWS for a nice surprise). Synnm. The confrontation led to a six-man bout between LAX and Armstrong and The James Gang at Destination X on March 12, which was won by Kip James. Bob Bradley: Beetlejuice (WCW) Art Barr: The Best (ICW-Poffo) Bob Roop : The Best (ICW-Poffo) Bob Orton Jr. Big Machine (WWF) BlackJack Mulligan: . People loved that, Cornette said of Armstrongs homespun expressions traced to his days on the family farm. Bob Armstrong's wife and Road Dogg's mother passed away Footage from Armstrong's knee surgery earlier that month aired on iMPACT! An email has been sent to the person who requested the photo informing them that you have fulfilled their request, There is an open photo request for this memorial. It is with a very heavy heart we announce the passing of our Father and @WWE Hall of Famer "Bullet" Bob Armstrong. He walked up behind him and fired both of his pistols, but neither of them fired a bullet due to the humid weather and the model's vulnerability to moisture. #8 BULLET BOB ARMSTRONG [Greatest Regional Babyfaces] Wrestler Bob Armstrong battles on. Longtime Southeastern Wrestling commentator Charlie Platt was the emcee for the evening, and people who loved Bob Armstrong the man and the wrestler were able to gather and pay homage to a man who helped define Southern wrestling from the 1960s through the 1980s. Wrestling is real. They won the Tag Team Titles and feuded with The New Breed (Chris Champion and Sean Royal). Armstrong's wife of 42 years, Miranna, died in 2008, the statement said. I wanted Brad Armstrong (one of Bobs four sons) as my first champion, and I didnt get him because he was under contract, said Cornette. His prime was well before my time, but I always enjoyed seeing him and Mrs. Armstrong at the local wrestling events. I think the people really identified with that, Davey Rich (David Haskins) related in the 2012 book The Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame: Heroes & Icons.. 0; Bob Armstrong was a great worker and a good man. It was right in front of me.. The death of Bullet Bob was shared by two of his sons, Scott and Brian (Road Dogg). By Mike Rickard on September 23, 2020 2020, 2020s, Cancer Dino Bravo - Dead at 44 He frequently wrestled for affiliates of the National Wrestling Alliance, and on October 9, 1974, in Miami Beach, Florida, Armstrong unsuccessfully challenged Jack Brisco for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. Apparently willing to negotiate, Konnan led Armstrong backstage, only for Armstrong to be ambushed and beaten down by Konnan's newly formed stable, the Latin American Xchange (LAX). "Bullet" Bob Armstrong, Pensacola Resident and Professional - reddit "Bullet" Bob Armstrong Passes Away - WrestleTalk In addition to making occasional appearance on the independent circuit in Georgia and Alabama, Armstrong acted as the commissioner of Smoky Mountain Wrestling and worked backstage with Southeast Championship Wrestling and the Continental Wrestling Federation. Failed to delete memorial. But his best asset was that he could talk people into the building. Armstrong wrestled alongside each of them in tag team matches throughout the 90s and 2000s. This flower has been reported and will not be visible while under review. On August 27, 2020, Bob Armstrong died at the age of 80. Road Dogg also posted a tribute to his mother after her passing. On the September 18, 2002 pay-per-view, the Bullet unmasked, revealing himself to be Armstrong's youngest son Brian Gerard James, who would subsequently go by "B.G. Despite being advised to refrain from wrestling until March 2006, Armstrong resumed wrestling later that month. You cant make this stuff up.. Armstrongs mix of brawling and martial arts moves gave him an eclectic style and fans cheered when he talked of jacking opponents jaws.. To hear the full episode "Greatest Regional Babyfaces" and many more visit our homepage at blazebelltobell.comTo purchase the critically acclaimed memior "Pi. Everyone here at CAC is deeply saddened to hear that wrestling Legend and WWE Hall of Famer "Bullet" Bob Armstrong has passed away at the age of 80. Your new password must contain one or more uppercase and lowercase letters, and one or more numbers or special characters. Bob thought she had gone to sleep. Pro beachballs at pro wrestling shows, pro dives if someone catches, anti bullies, olives, and pineapples on pizza. To use this feature, use a newer browser. Information regarding funeral arrangements will come at a later date. One week later, Armstrong tried once more to reform the group, this time approaching Konnan. At the time wrestling promotions were regional and he became a regular on the southeast circuit. Found more than one record for entered Email, You need to confirm this account before you can sign in. Their pairing continued into 1998 but again saw little success. . After leaving the military, he began working for the Fair Oaks (later Cobb County) Fire Department as a firefighter in 1962. Armstrong suffered severe injuries in a mid-80s weightlifting accident that nearly cut his wrestling career short. This browser does not support getting your location. intent upon avenging the harm done to his "daddy". For his part, Armstrong often credited his beloved wife, Gail, as the secret to his success. Georgia Jaw Jacker Jim Durango Super A Roles: Singles Wrestler Booker Promoter Trainer On-Air Official He worked in Smoky Mountain for two years and mainly worked in tag team competition with his brother Scott. He was still involved in matches at local wrestling shows and was considered one of the oldest to still be active in the wrestling industry. Provided, Bob Armstrong was one of the giants of Southern wrestling. He was a great guy himself and I hope my condolences reach him. Your legacy is etched in stone rest easy Sir. I had a nice encounter with them that I posted on another subreddit. Bullet Bob Armstrong was born October 3, 1939 When he was a child, Bob's father took him to see Gorgeous George wrestle. Quickly see who the memorial is for and when they lived and died and where they are buried. But Bob, like the rest of the Armstrong family, all liked to be around home. No matter where he showed up, Bob Armstrong always seemed to be perfect for the time and the place. His four sons Brad, Scott, Steve, and Brian all made names for themselves in the wrestling industry and got to honor their father with a WWE Hall of Fame induction back in 2011. But that was just him., His son Brian shared a tribute on Twitter, writing, Today I pray that I keep my head up, celebrating the life and legacy of my hero, my father. Egos the way they were, I heard a couple guys over the years make remarks that he was booking all his boys, says Platt. I have seen people come unglued when Pep and Fuller beat Arn Anderson and Jerry Stubbs for the Southeastern tag titles (and in the footage, you can see a 12-year-old me jumping up and down like a crazy person and running back to the dressing room alongside Armstrong and Fuller as they held the title belts high overhead). Tag Team Champs: Bob Armstrong (left) with Robert Fuller. He chose not to seek treatment for the cancer, even as it swept through the rest of his body. WWE is saddened to learn that "Bullet" Bob Armstrong, a WWE Hall of Famer and patriarch of the legendary Armstrong wrestling family, has passed away at age 80. . He could talk to the people. I sat on my dads shoulders and thought this must be what an angel looks like, he said in Heroes and Icons. He was dressed in all gold with that platinum and it made such an impression on me.. paul pion cantor net worth. Gail died just two days later, at the age of 80, on a Sunday morning as the two held hands while watching TV. WWE legend 'Bullet' Bob Armstrong suffering from bone cancer in several After this they moved on to a brief series of matches with Harlem Heat, and in May 1997 defeated the new duo of Jim Powers and Bobby Walker, the latter put together by Teddy Long. Along the way he picked up dozens of individual and tag-team championships, including the Southern heavyweight championship, the Mid-America heavyweight title, the North American heavyweight title, and various regional tag titles with such partners as Robert Fuller, El Mongol, Roberto Soto, Dick Steinborn, Bill Dromo, Ken Lucas, and sons Brad and Steve Armstrong. WWE Hall of Famer 'Bullet' Bob Armstrong Dies . There is no question Steve Armstrong is the most famous & most loved celebrity of all the time. He has a pure loving kind heart personality. Gimmick: Year: Steve entered the career as Wrestler In his early life after completing his formal education.. Born on March 16, 1965, the Wrestler Steve Armstrong is arguably the worlds most influential social media star. He was the most complete guy Ive ever seen. I dont care what anybody else does, wrestling has to be real. Marietta, Georgia's Bullet Bob Armstrong was introduced to the WWE Hall of Fame 2011 induction ceremony stage by his son, Jesse James, who rhymes like a furious Al Sharpton and leads the evening's catch phrase race so far. Bob Armstrong Passes Away - Mid-Atlantic Gateway We have very sad news to report as Vida Gail James, matriarch of their family has passed away. https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/215011718/bob-armstrong. Konnan: arm wrestling: TNA iMPACT! Armstrong began a wrestling dynasty, with his four sons all entering the squared circle. The WWE legend was battling bone cancer and the disease had spread to his rib, shoulder and prostate. On August 27, 2020, Bob Armstrong died at the age of 80. A member of one of wrestling's underrated dynasties, Brad Armstrong competed alongside his father "Bullet" Bob Armstrong, breaking into the business at age 18. Everyone here at CAC is deeply saddened to hear that wrestling Legend and WWE Hall of Famer "Bullet" Bob Armstrong has passed away at the age of 80. 2007Janice Kelly Crowlm. But that feud against the Fuller family drew money in this territory from 1978 through 1988. Im Southern-born and Southern-bred, and when I die, Ill be Southern-dead, was one of the many catchy phrases Armstrong would serve up as one the most prodigious promo men of that time. It was a bloodbath that Cornette, as a young fan, said made him believe again.. Also find out how he got rich at the age of 56. Your account has been locked for 30 minutes due to too many failed sign in attempts. In 1995 he made a few appearances in the United States Wrestling Association. James, in a 2008 TNA tag-team title match with A.J. Birthplace: Marietta, Georgia, USA Day of death: 27.08.2020 (at the age of 80) Cause of death: Knochentumor Gender: male Height: 5' 11" (180 cm) Weight: 227 lbs (103 kg) Career Data Alter egos: Bob Armstrong Bullet Georgia Jaw Cracker a.k.a. If he had made it until October, he would have been 81 years old. Steve Armstrong is a professional wrestler and is the son of Bullet Bob Armstrong. Manly man. The winning streak was stopped in April on WCW Saturday Night when they were defeated by Disorderly Conduct. God rest the great one!. Id been going to the matches for over a year. One of the reasons he was such an over babyface in the South is because babyfaces in the South had to be able to talk. This account has been disabled. In 1992, Steve came to the WWF as Lance Cassidy under a babyface cowboy gimmick. They were great for the show, great in the locker room.. Use Escape keyboard button or the Close button to close the carousel. It is with a very heavy heart we . Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph. Previously sponsored memorials or famous memorials will not have this option. He was a southern star for many years, the son of the famed "Bullet" Bob Armstrong, and came to greater recognition through World Championship Wrestling in the late 1980s early 1990s. For his part, Armstrong often credited his beloved wife, Gail, as the secret to his success. On the September 13 PPV Fall Brawl 98 they were involved in an angle when WCW Worldwide announcer Mike Tenay attempted to interview them, only to be interrupted by Ernest Miller who then attacked both brothers. WWE said Armstrong earned a "tough man" reputation during the territorial days of pro wrestling, thanks to his tour of duty in the U.S. Marine Corps and his seven-year tenure as a member of . Published: Aug. 27, 2020 at 8:35 PM PDT. Thanks for using Find a Grave, if you have any feedback we would love to hear from you. bullet'' bob armstrong wife - junjianyu.com Southeastern Wrestling: How a Long-forgotten Territory Still Haunts WWE, Brad Armstrong Your Favorite Wrestlers Favorite Wrestler, 5 Wrestling Families That Went Through Tragedy and Darkness, Disclaimer, Terms of Service, Privacy Policy, and Disclosure. [4] He died from complications of bone cancer on August 27, 2020, at the age of 80.[5]. tastier star jellies cookie run kingdom Search. qatar to toronto flight status. An ex-Marine and firefighter, the charismatic Armstrong was a superhero to an audience that believed in him. He had the physique, but he also had the athleticism. So he learned to play piano in Gails house. The Armstrong Family (real surname James, Armstrong is a ring name) is originally from Georgia, but a couple members, including Bullet, have found home in the Pensacola and Gulf Breeze areas. He was born on March 16, 1965, in Pensacola, Florida.Pensacola is a beautiful and populous city located in Pensacola, Florida United States of America. He was. Cornette also had bigger plans for Armstrong down the road, and that would include putting on the tights again whenever needed to pop a big crowd in Knoxville, nearly 25 years after his main-event run in that territory. During a promo for a no-disqualification bout, Bob looked dead in the camera and said, "Tonight, its anything goes, from your nose to your toes, boys.". However, at Turning Point on December 11, 2005, the Four Live Kru disintegrated, with Konnan betraying fellow members Kip and B.G. Learn more about managing a memorial . He began wrestling in 1960. Press J to jump to the feed. Bullet Bob was 80. On November 30, 1998 the duo enjoyed the biggest victory of their WCW tenure when they upset Raven and Kanyon on WCW Monday Nitro. Upon being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2011, the self-proclaimed "ol . He was always more concerned about everybody else. Ex-Marine, ex-fireman. Ronda Rousey Injury Update: WrestleMania 39 Appearance at Risk? Explore Steve Armstrong Wiki Age, Height, Biography as Wikipedia, Wife, Family relation. He was proud as hell of his boys, Brad, Scott, Steve, and Brian, and they loved their father just as fiercely. He was low-key hilarious, but he was also respectful and humble, even though by the time I finally got to share a locker room with him, he was a legendary presence in the business. Well I came through the other side after seven days on the ventilator. This was his final appearance with TNA. Oops, some error occurred while uploading your photo(s). Armstrong would also play a lead authority figure in the early years of TNA where, at the age of 68, he teamed with son Brian, known then as B.G. On the February 17 edition of WCW Saturday Night they again fell to Men at Work. WWE Hall of Famer 'Bullet' Bob Armstrong dies - Yahoo! And people did believe. Armstrong, whose father "Bullet" Bob Armstrong was a legendary wrestler, still has a connection with the WWE as his brothers, "The Road Dogg" Jesse James and Scott Armstrong, work for the company . Thesz came in, he was about 55 years old and I was in my prime and I said, Lou, do you want me to slow down a little bit? That was the biggest mistake I ever made. WWE Issues Statement on the Passing of "Bullet" Bob Armstrong I just dont know anybody in the history of the business that was more loved than Joseph James, said Platt. 1. Steve Armstrong started wrestling in 1983 in the Alabama-based Southeast Championship Wrestling. Steve made his return to PPV when he appeared at WCW World War III on November 26, 1995 when he competed in the three ring battle royal. WWE Hall of Famer Bob Armstrong dies aged 80 after bone - The Sun He could cut that promo not just a drab babyface promo. Bullet Bob Armstrong was a true Southern wrestling hero, By Mike Mooneyham I think somebody up there likes me, Armstrong said during his induction speech. Platt, a longtime wrestling commentator who also served as the host of a popular morning show in Dothan, Ala., recalled a dinner meeting with close friend and renowned songwriter and producer Buddy Buie, and country and pop singer Billy Joe Royal, who had been in town promoting a concert. He has three brothers who also entered the wrestling business: Scott, Brad (who died in 2012) and Brian. James. His beloved childhood sweetheart and wife of nearly 60 years, Gail, had passed away only weeks before. After his run with WCW he made a few appearances for the resurrected Continental Championship Wrestling from 2002 to 2005. Scotts teaming with Steve finally came to an end on March 1, 2000, when The James Brothers faced WCW World Tag-Team Champions Big Vito and Johnny The Bull at a WCW Saturday Night taping. Armstrong's sons Brian and Scott shared the news of his death on Twitter Thursday night. Information . His four sons became professional wrestlers and he partnered with them in tag team matches at various points in his career.Armstrong was born Joseph Melton James, Jr. in Marietta, Ga. in 1939. Bob Armstrong Death - Wrestler Deaths Armstrong initially was more than happy to come in, but as a wrestler, Cornette laughs. I have seen Bob Armstrong wrestle talents like Harley Race and Ric Flair for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship, in an arena that was packed to the gills. Save to an Ancestry Tree, a virtual cemetery, your clipboard for pasting or Print. That sort of work ethic quickly made him a favorite in the Atlanta territory. His wife Vida had passed away earlier in the year and Armstrong is survived by his sons Brian, Scott, and Steve. Following his service in the Marines, Armstrong became a firefighter, but hed been bit by the wrestling bug and entered the grappling game in 1963. Who is Jim Cornette's wife? Bob Armstrong Also known as Bullet, Georgia Jaw Cracker, Georgia Jaw Jacker, Jim Durango, Super A Overview Career Titles Matches Match Statistics Matchguide Feuds Rivals Tournaments Tag Teams & Stables Entourage Awards Themes Ratings Comments Matches Displaying items 1 to 100 of total 1382 items that match the search parameters. They believed in him. In the course of his career, which spanned five decades, Armstrong held numerous championships . Flowers added to the memorial appear on the bottom of the memorial or here on the Flowers tab. This memorial has been copied to your clipboard. For his part, Armstrong often credited his beloved wife, Gail, as the secret to his success. He never big-timed anybody, even a kid who was just learning how to lace up a pair of boots. He was a hell of a tough man, but he was also quick as a cat and as strong as his gimmick name implied. Current Impact Champions Future Uncertain: AEW or WWE Return Possible? The tough-as-nails grappler, taking the name Bob Armstrong because of his big arms, was the consummate hometown hero whose blue-collar work ethic and traditional Southern values made him one of the top babyfaces on Southeastern wrestling circuits during the territorial era.
Real Walter White Death, Pentair Pool Pump Error Code, Articles B