For all of the interesting, funny, or otherwise unusual things you see on Google Maps! His plan is to build a geo-referenced database so that anyone can research the Nike missile sites through Google Earth. Editorial Note: Opinions expressed here are the authors alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Click the coordinates to view each location, or check out the map below. Latin helps with understanding a lot about the world in which we live and the languages that we encounter. These always make me laugh, I remember seeing one with a guy pointing a gun at another guy. I didnt even know this was a thing but its pretty cool. At about 50 by 100 yards across, it includes miniature lakes, rivers, and other marked features, plus mini boats for kids to sail the "Pacific Ocean" in the summer, an 18-hole mini golf course, a petting zoo, playground, and a picnic area. Castle Hill Farm's maze varies from year to year. Also, I had considered using a Google map view in the Air Force Museum virtual tour lens, but didn't know how to do it. On your phone . Great collection. Ouch. This is also another likely symbol used for military training in Nevada. [Read more about the swastika geoglyphs and other Kazakhstan designs]. I had no idea these things were on Google map. 1. We run to Google for restaurant recommendations, directions, and attractions opening times. (Image credit: Image courtesy Google Earth), (Image credit: Google Earth via Google Earth Anomalies). A team of scientists with the Aerial Photographic Archive for Archaeology in the Middle East (opens in new tab) (APAAME) have been investigating wheel structures (also called "works of the old men") with satellite imagery available through Google Earth. She Locked Her Husbands Friend Out of the House. Guy in white runs faster than everyone else, evidently wanting to jump on the back of the vehicle. Whether youre able to spend this Fathers Day with yours or not, we hope to help. 25 strangest sights on Google Earth | Live Science Perhaps we can add supplemental editions over time. Other African critters on Google Maps include: Just plug those coordinates into Google Maps and zoom in. Are you ready to see what your neighborhood looked like 30 years ago? Here's the old propaganda-laced website for it, and a more coherent account on Wikipedia. (Image credit: Digital Globe, GeoEye, Google), This is what happens when you have far more money than sense, (Image credit: 2011 Google - Imagery 2011 DigitalGlobe, Cnes/Spot Image, GeoEye, U.S. Geological Survey). Top 10 Creepy Google Maps Coordinates It's a lot harder to do with a tractor. Entertaining lens! Sure madam, well try to add new locations and co-ordinates to the list. Top 9 funny sights in Google Maps Street View 205615.47S, 1643930.56E New Caledonia, A Little Phallic?41.84201, -89.485937 Dixon, Illinois, USA, Mattel Logo33.921277, -118.391674 El Segundo, California, UTA Flight 772 Desert Memorial16.864841, 11.953808 Sahara Desert, southern Tnr of Niger, Barringer Meteor Crater35.027185, -111.022388 Winslow, Arizona, These cool, weird, and funny Google Earth images are hopefully making you smile, laugh, and realize what can be seen from space. Taiwan treats city waste disposal as a place for art. Camera jumps way ahead (why?) Luecke Farm is a ranch about an hour southeast of Austin. Been to Miniature City in The Hague. then 40.491135, 93.468661; another one at 44.711336, 93.529494; and 40.494974, 93.470584. Explore with us and find weird, inexplicable and awesome things. Amazing Desert Pattern China. Loved zooming in on those google maps! These Two Suburban Samurai 4. The band was shown performing among various aircraft hulks. Using Google Earth coordinates to view historic events can be entertaining and educational. We want to be responsible adults, responsible citizens, but what about responsible travelers? Thanks dear. These pix are great - what an interesting world we live in! 25 Funny Places and More on Google Maps Galenjak Shamrock Maze in Dublin Luecke Farm, Texas "Welcome to Cleveland" Giant Pac-Man Game 50-Foot White Guy Stealth Bomber Swimming Pool Cruise Ship Mall Parque Gulliver Henge and Crop Circle The Atacama Giant Parking Lot Burial Plot Fingerprint on Lens Katavi Park Farm Maze Weird Lines in China This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. However almost every source was pointing to Jon . This giant is about 1000 years old and 280 feet long. Dubbed the "Badlands Guardian" by locals, this geological marvel (Google Earth coordinates 50.010083,-110.113006) in Alberta, Canada, bears an uncanny resemblance to a human head wearing a full Native American headdress--and earphones, to boot. This giant pink bunny (Google Earth coordinates 44.244273,7.769737) in . very great collections ,congrats, two thumbs up! There's a bunch of these in the remote parts of China, and they're enormous. To check this place out click here. What a great idea for a lens. It's interesting enough to have attracted YouTube video flyovers. Dubbed "the boneyard," this 2,600-acre cemetery of steel at coordinates 32 08'59.96" N, 110 50'09.03"W (opens in new tab) is closed to the general public, but Google Earth provides a high-resolution glimpse of what's inside: virtually every plane the military has flown since World War II from the B-52 StratoFortress (opens in new tab) to the F-14 Tomcat in various stages of decay. How to use Google Earth to travel back in time. I just dinked around with CSS to add backgrounds, rounded corners, etc to create buttons. Their building is equally artsy, but more neoclassical than modern. The weird desert illustration in the coordinates mentioned above is called the Atacama Giant, which can be seen from space. Graffiti in Google Maps In 2012, an unknown island appeared on maps. It must have taken you a lot of time to find this! The world's largest "island, in a lake, on an island, in a lake, on an island" is a narrow, four-acre strip of land in Canada located at exactly 69.793 N, 108.241 W (opens in new tab). The island is about 32 square acres, and the last I checked it had no fresh water or structures, apart from the pier. Click on the clock icon . 7 Pictures Of Naked People Captured By Google's Cameras - MethodShop Over the past decade, the camera-equipped car, aerial drones and the on-foot trekkers have captured some interesting images from locations around the world. Mysterious Desert Pattern 2722'50.10N, 3337'54.62E I am particularly amazed by the amount of work required to produce the beautiful World Map in Denmark. Pics Of The 20 Strangest Things Spotted On Google Earth - TheTravel For example, here's a picture of a skier. But no. Thanks for the time to put it together. To my surprise, he built it in California, then had it shipped in pieces. Thank you for sharing. Nevertheless, the Jureskos have been marketing it as "Lover's Island" since it was first featured by Google Earth in 2009. I have to admit, this is one of my very favorites, although I imagine it's caused a few panic attacks among passengers. My son and I had quite the laugh! Cynthia Haltom from Diamondhead on April 16, 2013: I enjoyed your google maps a very clever idea for a lens. When Google maps rolled out to the world in October 2005, it became a staple for many mobile app users but it was a basic app. Sren Poulsen hauled the stones used to build the map on a sledge in the vinter, sometimes over the frozen lake. There, Google Earth images have revealed the entire ancient Roman city has been pockmarked with holes dug by looters since the start of the civil war. Very funny indeed! (Most of the above are no longer on Google maps, but they were there once.). Google Earth Hacks - Fun stuff for Google Earth A special thanks to our Top 100 Contributors! Maybe the leprechauns finally figured out that a rainbow isn't a very good security device. Bedouin nomads have long associated the. Sadly, the Buran Space Shuttle never really got going: it had one unmanned test flight and that was all. Thanks for letting me know it can be done. That's because, while there are plenty of weird and wacky. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. The second part of the list of the 25 coolest and most curious places to explore on Google Earth. HubPages is a registered trademark of The Arena Platform, Inc. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. A cool land formation in the Sudan. A mysterious set of satellite images seen on Google Earth created a stir when an ex-CIA analyst told Wired.com (opens in new tab) he had discovered "structures" in the desert around Kashgar, a city in China's remote Western desert that is part of the Xinjiang province. 8. If you were just browsing Google Maps and. Google maps kept this swimming pool blurred for a while, but the secret is out: stealth bombers are amphibious! A mysterious place called Sandy Island had popped up on maps, northwest of New Caledonia. haha Very interesting lens, I really enjoy it while reading. The farmer cleared away most of the trees for grazing his cattle but left some woodland standing as a habitat for wildlife. According to media agency KFOR, employees at a Michigan funeral home decorating a tree for the holidays in 2015 when they noticed a cars roof in a neighboring pond.There are many claims from the media that a body was missing in the vehicle for nine years, and the car was noticeable via Google Street View all the moment. 12 Google Maps Secret Locations [With Coordinates] - Urbex Google Earth is host to some odd images, if you know where to look for them. Lemp Mansion Although the property has been transformed into a commercial space, it was the site of several tragedies and is supposedly haunted by the Lemp family. 1. If anybody can recognize the sort of aircraft seen in this picture, let us know in the comments. In contrast, the light reddish-yellow color of the red desert contributes to the sunlight and evaporation.When the water evaporates from thepond, salt, and potassium crystals are left behind and collected for further chemical process.This is one funny google maps coordinate that can confuse the user. Top 10 Longest Mountain Ranges in the World, Top 10 Famous Artists Today and their Work. 2. "It looks like the surface of the moon," Emma Cunliffe, an archaeology researcher at Durham University in England, who has published a report (opens in new tab) documenting archeological damage in Syria, told Live Science in 2013. Believe it or not, this penis-shaped building is a church. The wheels seen in this image are in the Azraq Oasis and have spokes with a southeast-northwest orientation, possibly aligning with the winter solstice sunrise. Some speculated the buildings at the site were part of a secret military base. It even showed up as a black polygon on Google Earth. I love this lens! . If you're interested in checking out these places yourself, the GPS coordinates of each image are shown. Google Maps Coordinates:40.452107, 93.742118 ADVERTISEMENT Outside Dunhuang, Jiuquan, Gansu, China, you can find this collection of white lines in the desert. Landing Stripes In Desert, Arizona USA. 2. Or an ancient monument to a supernatural being? Luckily, I found them while reading Twisted Sifter. Within years the project evolved and from flat, often puzzle-like map we finally got realistic 3D depictions of many countries across the globe. Here are 12 Google Map secrets, and places that you can explore for yourself. Sparavigna discusses her theory in a scientific paper posted online on Jan. 11, 2016 (opens in new tab) - the paper has yet to be peer-reviewed. Satellites, in particular, have shown much of this devastation, with some of the strangest imagery showing destruction in Apamea. (Image credit: Image courtesy Google Earth)). From all of the weird and unusual ones in Nevada to the possible murder scene, you can find just about anything on . The wheels vary in their design, with some showing spokes that radiate from the center, others with just one or two bars rather than spokes and still others not circular at all and instead shaped like squares, rectangles or triangles, the researchers have found.
Funny Ghetto Quotes And Sayings, Did Wendy's Change Their Nuggets 2021, Articles F