People go on there, they play with the animals, they pet them, they feed them, but they don't get any real interaction. So I know that a little later on this year, youre going to have another one of those really swell presidential elections that you like so much. They don't fall out of the sky. Sure, here's a transcript of George Carlin's routine about social media: "Social media. He was a frequent performer and guest host on The Tonight Show during the three-decade Johnny Carson era, and hosted the first episode of Saturday Night Live in 1975. POLITICIAN:HE HASN'T RESPONDED TO MY INITIATIVE. And they're all looking for that instant gratification of likes and followers, like it's some kind of digital high-five. George Carlin on why he likes disasters and people under pressure, and why the planet is doin' just fine. e d u / e t d / 4 7 1)/Rect[72.0 131.7406 279.0264 143.4594]/StructParent 6/Subtype/Link/Type/Annot>> Apparently no one has ever claimed that only a small portion of something (LAUGHS) was blown out of proportion. They're your 'likes'. Follow the link for the full transcript, its worth it, but here are a few choice excerpts: When it comes to bullshit, big-time, major league bullshit, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. It's so obvious that it almost goes without saying, but comedians are generally more intelligent and sensitive than the average person. This country was bought and sold and paid for a long time ago. We invite you and ask you to help us update this wiki by editing it. 192 0 obj George Carlin on why he likes disasters and people under pressure, and why the planet is doin' just fine. <>/Border[0 0 0]/Contents( \n h t t p s : / / d i g i t a l c o m m o n s . First of all, its meaningless. 194 0 obj )'B^E_2yKg&. I dont always agree with everything he says, but I always listen. e d u / e t d)/Rect[230.8867 233.3227 416.9463 245.0414]/StructParent 4/Subtype/Link/Type/Annot>> Tired of that shit. But wheres the logic in that? endobj But that would be much too direct! And by the way, it's the same big club they use to beat you over the head with all day long when they tell you what to believe. It's supposed to connect you with other people, but it's just a way of avoiding real human contact. "Forget the politicians. As for me, Ill be home on that day, doing essentially the same thing as you, the only difference is, when I get finished masturbating, Im going to have a little something to show for it folks. But social media is just a symptom of our narcissistic, attention-deficit culture. [3], Carlin was equally hard on politics as he was on religion. Well, we know what they want. Fuck hope!. George Carlin was an outspoken comic, known for his brash sense of humor, foul language and controversial views on politics, religion and other sensitive subjects. Well off-course not only is it possible its inevitable and thats when he's at his very best and that's when he trots out the really good stuff. Our country is failing because the majority of the people are selfish. (LAUGHS). Youre just going to wind up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans. All day long beating you over the head in their media telling you what to believe, what to think and what to buy. It's clearly a padded list. That's the problem." "Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out." " Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity ." "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." And secondly, I dont vote because I believe if you vote you have no right to complain. Yeah, right. George Carlin - The Ten Commandments | Genius TOP 25 QUOTES BY GEORGE CARLIN (of 976) | A-Z Quotes Web. George Carlin on Voting Transcript Now there's one thing you might have noticed i don't complain about: politicians. Been through earthquakes, volcanoes, plate tectonics, continental drift, solar flares, sun spots, magnetic storms, the magnetic reversal of the poleshundreds of thousands of years of bombardment by comets and asteroids and meteors, worlwide floods, tidal waves, worldwide fires, erosion, cosmic rays, recurring ice agesAnd we think some plastic bags, and some aluminum cans are going to make a difference? So, I have solved this little political dilemma for myself in a very simple way. And don't get me started on the selfies. A clean place to live. Where are all the bright, honest, intelligent Americans ready to step in and save the nation and lead the way? These people on social media, they're not your friends. Quick Guide. And then there's the political posts. Famous Quotes by George Carlin about Politics. 0000000016 00000 n According to Carlin, religion is one of humanitys greatest swindles and created nothing but lies, conflict, and suffering. Everybody says they suck. THUS FAR, HE HASN'T RESPONDED. Hes right. Something is wrong here. The politicians are put there to give you the idea that you have freedom of choice. Something is definitely wrong. Speakola is a labour of love and Id be very grateful if you would share, tweet or like it. Whatever happened WellWell he's about to find out! But in war times they quickly become, our brave young fighting men and women stationed half way around the world in places whose name's they(POLITICIANS) can't pronounce, wandering if they will ever see their loved ones again. "No child left behind. This wiki was last updated on 11 Apr 2012 by: Today we're opening contributions to all readers. It's like they're saying, 'Look at me, look at me! It's just a curated version of ourselves that we want to present to the world. Most of the images you will find here are available for license or purchase. Garbage ingarbage out. Forget the politicians. The politicians, the celebrities, and the lawyers, and although their level of insincerity is astonishing, it's still kinda fun to hear them talk. However, most of his bile was reserved for conservatives and Republicans. A friend is someone you can count on. Not in the abstract they don't. Everyone experiences pain, of course. (LAUGHS) And we know this must be true because the next thing we hear from him is: POLITICIAN:I JUST WANNA PUT THIS THING BEHIND ME AND GET ON WITH MY LIFE. George Carlin > Quotes > Quotable Quote (?) They dont care about you at all at all AT ALL. George Carlin Discusses 'Silly Putty and Napalm' Aired June 08, 2001 - 21:00 ET. All day long beating you over the head with their media telling you what to believe, what to think and what to buy. We're so obsessed with ourselves and our own little worlds that we can't even have a real conversation or a meaningful interaction with someone without checking our phones every five minutes. I just wanna put this thing behind me and get on with my life (CLAPS, LAUGHS). Are these fucking people kidding me? [wptabtitle]@Shoq[/wptabtitle][wptabcontent][twitter-feed username=shoq mode=feed id=323150247956193281][/wptabcontent] for Caitlin & Johnny - 2015, Korey Soderman (via Kyle): 'All our lives I have used my voice to help Korey express his thoughts, so today, like always, I will be my brothers voice' for Kyle and Jess - 2014, Bruce Springsteen: 'They're keepers of some of the most beautiful sonic architecture in rock and roll', Induction U2 into Rock Hall of Fame - 2005, Olivia Colman: 'Done that bit. But, the Incomplete List highlights his exceptional understanding of, love for, and talent with language, sound, and rythmn. George Carlin Politicians : Choosing Life or Death in Capitalist America.. George Carlin Politicians youtu.be. [wptabs style=wpui-mre-basic mode=horizontal background=false] And if we had a list like that, I wouldn't mind that brilliant judge in Alabama displaying it prominently in the courthouse wall. But he wasn't always a . The more we pointed out the foolishness of our "superiors," the more they kept us down. Quote by George Carlin: "Forget the politicians. The politicians are Some parents deserve respect. George Carlin's Wise Words On Politicians - The Photography Blog of 0000015151 00000 n Pfft! George Carlins daughter, @kelly_carlin, on her first radio show with guest Paul Provenza, talking about this routine. Religion. George Carlin was known for his insightful and humorous observations on modern society, including his thoughts on social media. Well where do people think these politicians come from? Required fields are marked *. In particular it's fun to listen to Washington talk. This is what we have to offer. Because if its really just the fault of these politicians, then where are all the other bright people of conscience? George Carlin: Dumb Americans. And the problem is, we're comparing our real lives to other people's highlight reels. I mean, have you ever looked at people's Facebook or Instagram profiles? %PDF-1.3 Here Is What You Support, Stop The Steal! In April 2004, he placed second on the Comedy Central list of "Top 10 Comedians of US Audiences".The first of Carlin's 14 stand-up comedy specials for HBO was filmed in 1977. Cause Americans have a lot of trouble dealing with reality. The late George Carlin was a genius with words, a deft dasher of conventional logic, and a master observer (and master-baiter!) But really, they're just regurgitating whatever they heard on cable news or read on some clickbait website. George has been quoted as calling this his favourite HBO special of them all due to its continuous flow-on nature and high standard of writing. You wanna know what a friend is? PDF Not Just A Game Transcript - Media Education Foundation And don't even get me started on Twitter. stream Before his death in June 2008, comedian George Carlin spent 10 years working on a memoir, Last Words, with his longtime friend Tony Hendra. 25l`|xs[e>L;}_}S +Fn-RWErk^7=fa,|~'RsiYK@"4W/:iVDrZWV)^:i\9KnwmVYi5v b^mfYN.[ T*gvIc"f=di^fE)SGO ], Your email address will not be published. Carlin considered conservatives and Republicans the greedy, warmongering class in political ideologies. George Carlin. George Carlin > Quotes > Quotable Quote (?) They want obedient workers. George Carlin - National Press Club [complete] - YouTube Theyll get it. His parents split up when he was an infant because his . There's a whole world out there waiting for you, and it's much more interesting than anything you'll find on social media.". An INITIATIVE is an idea that isn't going anywhere! To learn more, check out our transcription guide or visit our transcribers forum, Comedian George Carlins take on The Ten Commandments. Schedule . What's with all the selfies? Carlin was not unique in that he saw through the thick layers of societal propaganda and rhetoric that are the source of many of the worlds problemsand let it be known that, despite his liberal stance on most social issues, he would point out their hypocrisies as wellbut he was well-respected and well-spoken enough to have left an impression on American thinking and history. Quote by George Carlin: "Now, there's one thing you might have noticed Montclair State University Digital Commons THOU SHALT NOT TAKE THE NAME OF THE LORD THY GOD IN. Press J to jump to the feed. This is what we have to offer. George Carlin: I'm in Hollywood, Los Angeles. The stand up comic was an artist who did more than articulate the public's subconscious; he. And besides, all of these sites, they're just an illusion. everybody complains about politicians. Thats what the owners count on. I, on the other handwho did not votewho did not votewho, in fact, did not even leave the house on Election Day, am in no way responsible for what these people have done and have every right to complain as loud as I want about the mess you created that I had nothing to do with. 9 minutes; 13,650 views; May 13, 1999 I'm tired of fucking Earth Day, I'm tired of these self-righteous environmentalists, these white, bourgeois liberals who think the only thing wrong with this country is there aren't enough bicycle paths. But, he is wrong here. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window). Moses could have carried them down the hill in his pocket. Clearly he's preparing us for something (LAUGHS). POLITICIAN:THERE IS NO EVIDENCE, NO ONE HAS PROVEN ANYTHING EVENTUALLY I'LL BE EXONERATED. The only difference is, when I get finished masturbating, Im gunna have a little something to show for it, folks.. Maybe something else sucks around here like: THE PUBLIC. And not that you can help it, I mean the problem is really with the people you cover. endobj Regarded as one of the most important and influential stand-up comedians of all time, he was dubbed "the dean of counterculture comedians". Trump Follower? Read it first. So, next time you're scrolling through your feeds, ask yourself: 'Is this really connecting me with people, or is it just making me more disconnected and isolated?' It's our undeniably superior (almost god-like) intelligence that made life difficult for us when we were children. A person who routinely spends his days torturing the language complains; POLITICIAN:THEY TWISTED MY WORDS. Save the planet, we don't even know how to take care of ourselves yet. 0000001936 00000 n To avoid redundancy in the comments section, we kindly ask /u/arkreder to respond to this comment with the prompt you used to generate the output in this post, so that others may also try it out. "George Carlin" Scripts.com. @Z(dXSm !4I He often spoke about his youth in Catholic school and, as a result of his particular schools relatively liberal approach to education, he says, he was given the intellectual freedom to eventually reject the faith. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED. What George Carlin Believed About Religion They want obedient workers. Nobody seems to care! I dont vote. Besides, there is nothing wrong with the planet. OR: I WAS QUOTED OUT OF CONTEXT. If you can afford a donation, it will help Speakola survive and prosper. Likethe public. His political commentary was scathing and on par with any of the greats, Pryor, Chappelle, Bruce. That doesnt help them. It's like a bunch of robots pretending to be human. Comedian George Carlin's 'Last Words' - NPR.org POLITICIAN:I ADVISED HIM THAT I HAD MADE A JUDGMENT. You don't. You have no choice. endobj 0000002565 00000 n George Carlin interview from 1989 | The Tapes Archive Podcast "In America, anyone can become president. Fuck hope. So if you are easily offended dont click the link. Let's all tell each other what we're doing every minute of the day. He said: Once you leave the womb, conservatives dont care about you until you reach military age. Theyll get it. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. But marital fidelity is a good idea, so I suggest we keep the idea and call this commandment "Thou shalt not be unfaithful." (CLAPS, LAUGHS). Because the owners, the owners of this country dont want that. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed. George Denis Patrick Carlin (May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008) was an American stand-up comedian, actor, author, and social critic. Yeah the public sucks. Carlin left a wealth of social, political, and religious commentaryand most of it was highly critical. He spoke about his book "Brain Droppings" and answered questions submitted by the audience. A lot of that goes on: QUESTION:SENATOR, HAVE YOU SOLVED THAT PROBLEM?POLITICIAN:WELL, WE'RE MOVING FORWARD ON THAT. Difference. Its almost a poetic rap. I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. 185 0 obj D} 8 &L$` %pPyZnC*ss9Qm^-u~Y]5;D- p?Ds+A$%C"CXU@5M`mO=YK6l[f0xc5j D6C"NMUCDV#[7q&>O!WsDm~ |!=?H^wM $M:w085uk8OaP;,p|Jp@H0 O#NE\f&KXl1DHq0,>b4A !oPfcmxe5)l*1x,g FC[A9u71-tILKA n_B--jxQjB,=oINnh;> R# }bO 7?|`M S(5OdC0#K1EH-Llj[~y' c7ozi=w,PP&e~g$2! *@@Gh!'[G F.r *N-@LoX15XvGA4#Wb_"$,%%8@2% Fuck em! I mean, why do we need to see some idiot eating Tide pods or jumping off a roof into a pool? Now, in the interest of logicsomething religion has a really hard time withI'm going to skip around the list a little bit: THOU SHALT NOT STEAL. I dont vote. That's because now he's feeling the heat and so as time passes and more evidence comes in he suddenly changes directions and tells us: POLITICIAN:WERE TRYING TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS! [wptabtitle]Blog[/wptabtitle][wptabcontent][/wptabcontent] <>stream It's like they're part of some kind of digital echo chamber. It covers the most famous 'rant' part of the speech. 193 0 obj <>/Border[0 0 0]/Contents(English Language and Literature Commons)/Rect[137.2383 212.4906 328.3613 224.2094]/StructParent 5/Subtype/Link/Type/Annot>> The planet has been through a lot worse than us. Nothing wrong with the planet. You got people posting pictures of their food, their pets, their vacations. If you have selfish, ignorant citizensif you have selfish, ignorant citizens, youre gunna get selfish, ignorant leaders. Two reasons I dont vote: first of all, its meaningless. I say that where the military is concern the extent of a POLITICIANS insincerity can be measured by how far around the world our soldiers are stationed and whether or not any of them(POLITICIANS) can pronounce it? From people in all walks of life usually the person in question who has committed some unspeakable act. Local elections, special elections, and mid-terms, especially. The big wealthy business interests that control things and make all the important decisions. People trying to make the world save for their Volvos. "Save the trees, save the bees, save the whales, save those snails." And it's not just that social media is a distraction from real life, it's also a way of creating a false sense of connection.
Rent A Tire Repossession, Love On Safari Children's Choir, Articles G