and think youre the best. Compared to the other whites, its hard to tell that Sherwin Williams Snowbound is actually a pretty true white. Saybrook Sage also looks similar to how you might be picturing Sea Salt on an exterior. Glimmer has an LRV of 78, and can sometimes even look like a blue white. Both are great shades perfect for interior paint. Charlotte Moss. Simply White OC-117 by Benjamin Moore. Required fields are marked *. I just found out that were having a baby boy! It indicates the value of red, green and blue on a scale of 0 to 255, with 255 signifies the highest possible concentration of the color. Hold the cloth on your skin for several minutes (around 3-4). In fact, my sister-in-law never mentioned wanting to know the color again. First the big question: Is Sea Salt blue or green? . So much so, that it is approaching cyan/blue. Now tell me more about this wish of yours an online book page with a catalogue of colours you have my wheels spinningcan you explain anymore??? Not a dupe, but I thought we should look at Behr Breezeway because it is similar to Sherwin Williams Sea Salt, and their Color of the Year for 2022. But, lets bring down that image from Pottery Barn again. Please do not put any size sample flat on a table unless its the table youre going to be painting. We have an older home full of douglas fir wood trim in reddish brown tone. (A negligible difference.) But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. For my homes kitchen, we moved into a medium oak museumlots of tall oak cabinets as well as flooring in a similar tone. Mountain Air is another very light color, but this one sits in the cyan range, almost perfect between blue and green. Why Working with a Kitchen Designer Is Crucial! Sometimes flashing slightly more green, other times a bit bluer, all the while having the gray base to calm it down. I love this color and your opinion!! The Truth About Flush Mount Ceiling Lights & 24 Under $200! Even more depressing is that the color is even worse during the day. The Sea Salt is a beautiful blend of green and gray, but its more like cool green, rather than a warm green. Hooray, Im so glad it worked out for you- I would LOVE to see photos!!! I painted nearly half my home this color and it looks great with my dark floors. Im also going to share some images. Feel free to check out this link righthereto find out how I can help you without ever stepping a foot in your home regardless of where you live in North America. Your email address will not be published. Other than that, Pearl Gray is in the more yellowy-green family. Hahahaha oh my gosh..thanks for this article. You perfectly explained this color! And thats not ALL Sea Salt has tucked up its watery sleeves. Benjamin Moores version of Sea Salt is much closer to Sherwin Williams Fleur de Sel. Sherwin Williams Sea Salt vs. Healing Aloe Like Sea Salt, Benjamin Moore Healing Aloe sits in the mid-light range on the LRV scale with a value of 69.66. I wanted it to be one of those soft silvery, calming light blue wall colors I see all over the place. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Benjamin Moore's "Healing Aloe." I love it so much in the bedroom that now the powder room, dining room and above the beadboard in the kitchen are the same. A Purple Color Scheme That Purple Haters Love! Its a strie of these two colors, MYSTICAL BLUE 792 glazed with FADED DENIM 795. You might love Sherwin Williams Comfort Gray! True black has an LRV of 0 and pure white has 100 LRV. He has that urge to research on versatile topics and develop high-quality content to make it the best read. Honestly this whole line is very nice! The cabinets are off white and the room gets a lot of light. One thought that I like to keep in mind with small rooms/not much light as that a) can I get a better fixture that takes 3 60w bulbs and b) Id rather have a small room with personality than a boring one. Well, you can rest easy knowing that they are really quite different! RGB stands for Red, Green, and Blue. My kitchen changes from a washed out, muted greenish grey to grey to green depending on the time of day and the way the light hits the walls. The LRV of Benjamin Moore Sea Salt is 62.93. Aloe is an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial agent, while sea salt is known to promote relaxation and reduce stress. Lullaby is a soft gray blue with an LRV of 65. And then, theres the situation of our computer monitors. , Sherwin Williams Sea Salt (SW 6204): ULTIMATE Review + Pictures. Benjamin Moore Quiet Moments is also a pretty good dupe for Sherwin Williams Sea Salt, but on the opposite side of Night Mist. Today I'm going to give you 5 Sherwin Williams Sea Salt Tips You Should Know before deciding if it's the right paint for your room! Check out the New Build Package. Lots of natural light from North and west. We plan to start painting next week and uncover the hardwood floors after that. This is interesting because Quiet Moments is one shade darker than Healing Aloe on the same color strip, but it is considerably more green. Oyster Bay is quite a bit darker than Sea Salt. How it looks on paper and swatches is totally different to real life. I read a blog post from someone who wanted Restoration Harwares Silver Sage, but in the end they chose Sherwin Williams Sea Salt. It clears mucus, phlegm, and congested sinuses. Im so glad I did paint samples before making the call! Next in this range is the Sherwin Williams color Tidewater. For a look kind of like that, you could check out SW Repose Gray perhaps? 5 Bedroom Paint Ideas That Will Inspire You. Its a fabulous colour subtle, soft, and serene. I love it to this day but it was certainly not the grey I thought it would be. I love Sea Salt in theory, but I do not like it in reality. Sherwin Williams Sea Salt is a soft gray green that is both soothing and mellow. Once the direct sunlight goes away, the colour will come right on back! As it is, Night Mist is a touch warmer than both Gray Wisp and Sea Salt. Healing Aloe vs Sea Salt Healing Aloe, by Benjamin Moore, is a gorgeous, whisper-soft pale green. It needs to be FLAT against the wall. Sea salt is the color that broke my brain.ive been thinking I was crazy all these years I love it but the room I painted is definitely blue. It is greener and a little darker than Sea Salt. But, for some reason, Ive never felt that I quite measure up as shes super beautiful and talented. Most likely not. Lets take a quick break to talk about paint samples, Undoubtedly, youll be heading out in the near future to grab paint samples stop right there! Suggestions? Since pink Himalayan salt is hand-mined and ground, producers of this salt argue that it is even more natural than sea salt. I do try to offer as much complimentary info as I can on my site, and if that doesnt work it might be time for a closer look via my E-design, its affordable and fun! The sea salt really tied all that wood I together. Fortunately, my DH arrived home from work an hour early and was there to greet and entertain the inlaws until I could make myself semi-presentable. But which one should you choose? I was really frustrated. Hi Ann, it sounds like you have a few different thoughts going on there. I only discovered your blog a few days ago. If you need help finding the perfect paint color for your home and want it to be professionally done. It works just as well on cabinets as it does on walls (or even a ceiling, as you will see). Luckily there are plenty of people who have used Sea Salt on their front door! Are there any other favorite green paint colors you love that I should add to my list? Besides being darker, the difference between Silvermist and Sea Salt can be a little hard to put your finger on. Bluer than your photos even. our furniture is all dark cherry and its on the front of the house, so the bedroom gets a lot of natural light. It is closer to the yellowy side of green, and quite gray. Why? I love sea salt, and this blog was part of what convinced me to use it, twice within the last year! I actually have an e-design business just for questions like yours otherwise, Im guessing as to what your room REALLY looks like. I prefer White Dove over Alabaster, as its that bit less yellow, but Chantilly Lace gives a CLEANER more crisp contrast, so it just depends on the look you like! That doesnt mean you have to do Sea Salt, but it might make you feel differently about the colour in general! The floors are beige, white cabinets in the laundry room. The first pale blue room came from Suzannes website. Is Benjamin Moore Sea Salt a warm or cool color? Much appreciated! The bathroom is east facing and I live in Texas, so there is a lot of natural light. Oh, Laurel, I wouldnt have slapped her; I was just embarrassed. FALL MASTER BEDROOM SOURCES: Similar Bed | Orb Chandelier | Banded Duvet Cover . I need that bottle of wine! Is Rainwashed a brighter version of this color? Here is the room with sw lullaby on the left and ben moore healing aloe on the right. Okay, haha, after saying I dont know what the wallpaper is, I accidentally discovered that the wallpaper is Atelier Oiseaux Et Fleurs by F. Schumacher. The salesperson at the SW store recommended Sea Salt with Extra White as the trim. It is also ever so slightly warmer (more yellow). It has an LRV of 72. Sometimes I like it. So, Healing Aloe is lighter than Sea Salt. It looks like a soft, muted green with a slight hint of blue and gray, but it may look different depending on the backdrop, lighting, and dcor. The Best Calm & Stress-Free Paint Colours. Benjamin Moore Healing Aloe Walls via Life On Virginia Street Sherwin Williams Sea Salt Tradewind is just a darker version of Topsail, so it is also a blue green. You can see that next to Tidewater, Sea Salt looks completely gray. Honestly though, you cant go wrong with any of the colors from this strip from light to dark, they are all beautiful! In real life and on the wall, the difference seems to be a lot more subtle, but Breezeway isnt in a heck of a lot of homes yet. Phew! I did that very early on in my career. If you need help finding the perfect paint color for your home and want it to be professionally done. Sigh. More furniture by Suzanne Kasler for Hickory Chair. My half bath gets very little sunlight and my kitchen has north and west facing windows. What color is Benjamin Moore Sea Salt paint? Accessible Beige is a classic Sherwin Williams color that is a nice neutral. Please pin to your Pinterest boards for reference. Here are a few great examples of Sea Salt in action: First up is this elegant spa bathroom in the home of Vanessa from @rustic.charm.in.the.valley! I wouldnt personally use Alabaster for trim unless I was also using it on the walls, but if you want a really cozy, low-contrast look, you will probably really like it! But, Ive probably blocked it out. I hope you are living for these comparisons, because I feel like my life is spent making them! In addition, it is a color loved by both men and women. I just now saw your comment. And, then she said, with a beaming smile in our freshly painted LIVING ROOM, Betty, this is absolutely the perfect shade of, for our new nursery. Well, like a good gray or greige, they can suit MANY spaces and styles everything from beach-themed bathrooms to cosy cottages! It wasnt horrible, but it couldve been a lot better. Okay, so I would recommend doing a room or 2 at a time, transition out of it a bit. Also, rather than putting the samples on the wall, get a nice big poster board and paint 2 coats of the sample on that. Now, Im going to demonstrate the problem, aside from the fact that this is not my room, and I have no idea what the ACTUAL color is. Glad I saw this, I was thinking of staying with the SW Concord Buff in the bedroom and painting the rest of the house Sea Salt. Phew, we did it! I wanted to paint the bathroom sea salt, but I need to also paint the cabinets b/c they are old 80s. Two understanding that the paint color doesnt stand alone. The combination of green and gray is so soothing and divine that it just effortlessly fits in with so many different color schemes, lighting conditions, and dcor. What color did you use for the grey cabinets? I narrowed it down to just five to show you, but thats still way more than I was expecting! Click here for a home I did a while back with Healing Aloe. The Healing Aloe is one of the most popular color shades from the Benjamin Moores family of colors. Occasionally it will lean CONSIDERABLY into its green side, more often in a, It is also well known for going green-blue or blue with only a nod towards green, more often in north-facing rooms with diffused light. Snowbound I will cover in just a minute under trim choices! It has just a little more yellow to it. Quiet Moments is one shade darker than Healing Aloe, and close to the right LRV, so it should match Sea Salt, but it actually has more green. Behr Flora is on the opposite side of things, and is just a touch warmer than Sea Salt. Thanks Kylie!! Maybe you could turn this into a blog post if you think theres a lesson here. I asked the designer on HOUZZ and was so thrilled when she let me know the name of the paint color. Silver Sage tends to look like a sage color, or even gray, whereas Sea Salt usually reads brighter, or even blueish green at times, but never gray. The best light blue wall colors frequently look drab and dull on the paint chip. Its also a fresh, clean look with white, Obviously, theres A LOT to consider when choosing a paint colour LRV, exposure, personal tastes and the needs of your home. Hi Christina, what a great comment to get, thank you! Benjamin Moore Healing Aloe was one of the first colors I used in our home (back when I had a craft room. Salt is a strong natural antihistamine. Here is a picture of a soft sage green with dark wood trim, just to give you some idea: The LRV of Valspar Sea Sage is only 31, so Sea Salt will be at least twice as bright. Oh, Laurel, I wouldnt have slapped her; I was just embarrassed. Healing Aloe is a great Benjamin Moore blue-green paint color. Over 500 reviews, 20,000 YouTube Subscribers, and over 100 videos. Healing Also is a bit more green than blue, but also has a shaded gray undertone to it. I am devouring your blog! I actually found this color hidden away in Behrs gray section. The Sherwin Williams 6470 strip that starts with Glimmer is an aqua blue range that has no real gray in it. Our floors are hardwood with golden tone. Samplize offers peel and stick paint samples that are more AFFORDABLE, EASIER and more ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY than traditional paint pots. I think I was up until 3:00 AM the other day because I couldnt put it down. Sea Salt soaks are the best thing you can do for a new, stretched or angry piercing. I cant tell you the number of times I had it all figured out in my home, where I worked. And, thats because shes right. Another Suzanne Kasler beauty with furniture for Hickory Chair. I do think it would work! I love the samples and posted online pictures but my color samples places do not look green, but rather blue on all the walls I have tried. The truth is, I wish I had found you a month ago. Building a new home? If you want a super soft, barely-there blue green paint color, Healing Aloe is the better option. The LRV of Gray Wisp is 54.85. The LRV of Breezeway is similar to Sea Salt, at 66. It signifies the intensity of the three colors. For one, Healing Aloe looks like a soft, muted green with a slight hint of blue and gray. Learn how your comment data is processed. Corals and pinks look really great with any sort of oceany blue or green color. Sea salt is often promoted as being healthier than table salt. If you are keen on improving your house and making it looks extraordinary and upgraded from what it is now sea salt is quite . Tidewater is a baby blue and really nothing like Sea Salt, but it has an LRV of 65, so it is this color strips version of it. Let me ask you. Fleur de Sel is a very pale shade of greige. Sea Salt has blue gray undertones whereas Healing Aloe has undertones of blue, green, and gray. Sea Salt is a blend of green and gray, but it's more like cool green, rather than a warm green. Vanessa chose black hardware for her cabinets. https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/online-decorating-design-services/ It is less processed than table salt and retains trace minerals. I found Sea Salt in terms same SW palette, and that eventually led me here. Remove and then rinse . Its kind of like a pale sandy beach color. Benjamin Moore Gray Wisp is one shade down from Night Mist on the same color strip. I havent seen any photos of Sea Salt used as an exterior color. 2023 Kylie M. Interiors / All Rights Reserved / Website Design by. However in real life, the coolness of the gray can make sea salt look blue green. It is a cool color with a hint of green and gray. Tara from the Joy Filled Farmhouse used Sea Salt on her laundry room cabinets, and finished them off with gold hardware. The above photoshows Sea Salt about as blue as it gets! I dont know. Valspar Sage Morsel is the closet match to Sea Salt in terms of lightness, with an LRV of 61.66. My first thoughts are that it could be a lovely compliment to your wood and warm tones, but theres no saying what it will actually do! That is the color directly across the wheel from Sea Salt. So, Ill just tell you what most of you already know. Sea Salt has blue gray undertones whereas Healing Aloe has undertones of blue, green, and gray. If you give yourself a bit of visual relief from it, you might find it more liveable. Great Decorating The Secret Trick You Need for Success! Thank you for all of your time and effort; its appreciated more than you know! The LRV of Tradewind is 61, so it is like the bluer version of Sea Salt. I have a little mudroom that i have been wanting to paint sw sea salt. Please help. This is one of my all-time favorite go-to colors and is especially lovely in bedrooms. If you want to see more green, I wonder if you might like Liveable Green? Its a color that makes other colors around it really come to life, and I love that. Or? For one, Healing Aloe looks like a soft, muted green with a slight hint of blue and gray.
Beverly Baker Paulding, Articles H