Can anyone speak to the validity of this or is anyone currently using an additive for this? The reliable, albiet slower, stovebolts never suffered vapor lock because the fuel pump and lines were up front in the airstream of the engine fan. Holley 12-804 Fuel Pressure Regulator Installation Instructions . A: Full content visible, double tap to read brief content. I feel lucky that this did not damage my generator because at one point I saw 30lbs of pressure while trying to start the generator. . These will raise the boiling point of the fuel but reduce the octane. Mr. Gasket 1561 Fuel Pressure Gauge 1.500 in. See Standard conditions for temperature and pressure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Never had it act up while running, but since E10 fuel came along it is borderline getting started after hot shutdowns. Two Port 1 oz per gallon - not more than 2 is usually in the right "goldie-locks" range. Plain WATER has great cooling properties, but under pressure will boil at a lower temperature than anti-freeze mixed with water - up to a certain point. ${cardName} not available for the seller you chose. Can you adjust the fuel pressure? The issue is simple that one is seeking to "re-blend" their own gasoline from one already sold. Holley's products include carburetors, fuel pumps, fuel injection, intake manifolds, and much more. The owner had tried all practical means to reduce the heat gain of the fuel system but with little improvement. Holley HOL 12-804 12-804 Fuel Pressure Regulator; ; Customer reviews . Show details From the manufacturer Applications. I adjust it up to 2.5 pounds and clean my hands. CBPN804A Swinging Drawbar Pin Kit Ford NAA 501 600 700 800 900 2000 3000 4000. ESPECIALLY a 10% ethanol blend - once generically called the gasohol summer blend in that vapor system would really be a problem. The chemistry class experiment you are referring to will yield the approximate boiling (vapor) point at STP - Standard Temperature and Pressure ONLY. bowls after each run, just to see exactly at what temperature the problems become apparent. 4.25 out of 5 stars. Installation was made more complicated by the absence of a port for a pressure gauge, which means Gauge looks small..it is not. That's where the pressure was going. P/N 12-803, 12-501, 12-804, 12-500, & 15812NOS Installation Instructions WARNING! Lots of Chinese Holley 12-803, 804 etc knock-offs are available. WARNING! 2023 Holley Performance Products, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Wouldn't the water still evaporate at the same temp? Holley 12-807 Fuel Pressure Regulator Diaphragm Repair Kit Also in Tools, Shop Equipment & Chemicals, Cataclean - Fuel and Exhaust System Cleaner, Cataclean Diesel - Fuel and Exhaust System Cleaner, Distribution Blocks, Filters, Adapters and Fittings, Microswitch and Solenoid Mounting Brackets, Mr. Gasket Fuel Pressure Gauge - 0-15 PSI - 1-1/2 Inch Diameter, Mr. Gasket Fuel Block with 0-15 PSI Liquid Filled Fuel Pressure Gauge, 25 GPH Holley Mighty Mite Electric Fuel Pump, 1.5-4 PSI, Earl's Fem.1/8" NPT to Male 3/8" NPT Pipe Bushing Reducer. To add the following enhancements to your purchase, choose a different seller. Octane is an actual chemical which would be at the light end of the scale for gas, kerosene would be at the heavy end. Holley's instructions say, ". Yes the light elements will still be in there. Chemistry does NOT work that way - just like adding more any one ingredient to a cake mix will make the cake better. It makes no discernible difference to power but if the conditions are sufficiently adverse it will still vapour lock and then you just have to wait until it cools. Pre-set at 2.8 PSI Lots of Chinese Holley 12-803, 804 etc knock-offs are available. I like the attached simple explanation of the issue. The fuel pump and fuel line setting top center of the engine was not only in the hottest ambient temp, except for the exhaust manifolds, under the hood they acted as a heat sink transferring heat from the block to the air. US $57.76 Finish:Gold Zinc billet aluminum bracket that conveniently mounts a 12-803 Black anodized 12-804 or 12-803BP fuel pressure regulator utilizing the passenger side carb studs on any 4150 / 4160 style carburetor. Otherwise it's good. You set it to the exact fuel pressure you want. In fractional distillation (the refining of oil) - what we call "mineral spirits", "paint thinner", "kerosene" and "diesel fuel" all ALL "heavier" hydrocarbons (pretty much in that order) than what we call gasoline - in that they occur lower in the distillation tower and condense at lower temperatures back into liquid before what we call "gasoline" does. Holley 12-804 Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, 1-4 PSI - Speedway Motors $12.15: ac000400: Front Axle Beam Bushing Reamer For 1.34 Up To 1.50 Diameter . With this set up, pressures throughout system varies only very slightly from atmospheric, lower up to the vacuum tank and higher in the gravity feed from the vacuum tank to the carburettor. Holley fuel pressure regulator 12-803 instructions for a bad /189/ Interesting theory. If yes what size should I, A: Fuel Pressure Regulator; Holley fuel pressure regulators are designed to precisely control the fuel pressure from the fuel pump to the carburetor. Holley 804 fuel pressure regulator install - YouTube 0:00 / 5:58 Holley 804 fuel pressure regulator install Schnebs Garage 2.42K subscribers Join Subscribe 72 Share Save 15K views 3 years ago. Thinking Kerosene is probably the way I will go at this point. . Can i install a fuel pressure guage on the unit itself? Features: Adjustable from 4.5-9 psi for precise fuel pressure adjustments Constructed of billet aluminum with a black anodized base and clear anodize top for good looks Used in systems where a return line is not needed Use with electric or mechanical pumps Sign up for a new account in our community. The following vehicles are considered Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles: WARNING: It is against the law to install this part on an Emissions Controlled Vehicle. It is a measure, as I understand it, of how readily the fuel will evaporate in open air. I can start my car instantly after sitting in a cool garage at about 75 deg F. Drive 30 miles and then park for 20 minutes. Yes you can adjust fuel pressure with this regulator. It appears this one needs 40 to 50 minimum. If you purchased April gas when you take your Antique out of winter storage it is only a month until the switch from 124 deg F to 140 deg F. This might explain a lot of problems in early summer. I have found IMCT is a happy medium that does both in the right quantities - raise boiling point and octane just enough to be a "goldie-locks" kind of additive to help prevent vapor lock. Once these chemicals are blended - the over-all resulting chemical properties - especially boiling point under pressure is changed - they are NO LONGER SEPARATE boiling points in play. I got all of my supplies in the Home Depot fittings section. Part Number: HLY-12-803. [endif]--> Many thanks for taking the time to clarify this interesting subject . Terms of Service. What I would do, is with the car off, (or electric pump off), turn the screw a good ways out. . [endif]--> http://www.bp.com/liveassets/bp_internet/retail/retail_australia/STAGING/local_assets/downloads_pdfs/f/FN_modern_petro_vintage_engines.pdf,