In 2010, his local sent him to the AFL-CIO's first Next Up summit in Washington, D.C., for young union members, an experience that helped fuel his passion further. Their union issues were bread-and-butter issues for us as a family.". representative shall mean a principal officer or designated representative of the local Union, or an IBEW international representative. Recently, he helped head up two historic pro-worker and pro-jobs wins in his home state of Illinois: The Climate and Equitable Jobs Act, which sets some of the strongest pro-worker provisions for the energy industry in the nation and the Workers Rights Amendment, which enshrines the right to bargain collectively in the state constitution. He has no ego, zero. "As someone who has been on the local side, I feel that I will be able to assist other locals with any issues they're having.". He's detail-oriented and very passionate, but he doesn't get upset at the little things," Kasmark said. It's a position to which he brings a multitude of experience, from his time as business manager of Brockton, Mass., Local 223 to his appointment as an international representative in the Per Capita Department. O'Rourke was born and raised in San Francisco, the middle child of seven and son of a city firefighter who helped his children appreciate the power of organized labor. Dave Reaves, who earned a reputation as an innovative and skillful business manager in his native Alaska and more recently as a servicing representative on the West Coast, has been appointed as Ninth District international vice president. "What I like about this job is that I'm consistently in motion," he said. Stephenson at a workers' rally during the 2019 government shutdown in Washington. "My father was an active union member in Local 798, and we'd go out and do door hangers for political action," he said. "He was fairly young, but he had worked his way through high school at a union grocery bagging job.". The IBEW has members in both the United States and Canada and stands out among . . Assistant Business Manager J.R. Richardson and Fifth District International Representative Gene O'Kelly meet with Rep. Hank Johnson of Georgia. It was a tougher climb than most for Reithel, a native of Merrillville, Ind. 8. Floor 2 East Windsor, NJ 08520. ", Growing up in Scottsbluff, Neb., Spencer had little direct experience with unions, although he did learn early what a scab is. Ross Galbraith - IBEW International Representative - LinkedIn The following year, Stephenson reassigned Spencer to work in the Per Capita Membership Department, which keeps track of the union's active and retired IBEW members. "I pursued the role of Local Union 1245 Delegate to International Convention because I want to represent 1245 IBEW Gas. Broadcasting & Recording IBEW 9th District International Vice-President John O'Rourke, and IBEW International Representative Harold Dias, who served as the trustee of Local 1260 after it was placed under . "John really cares for everyone on his staff and in the district, and he will do whatever it takes to help you succeed," said Reaves, most recently a Ninth District representative and previously business manager of Anchorage, Alaska, Local 1547. [email protected]. It employs 5,001-10,000 people and has $250M-$500M of revenue. Privacy Statement, IEC Appoints Lonnie Stephenson International President. Noble and his wife, Gina, will come to the International Office from his home outside West Frankfort, Ill. Noble says his goal is to bring the voice of the membership to Washington and make sure the lines of communication stay open. During a national strike by UPS employees represented by the Teamsters, Spencer had considered applying for a job as a temporary replacement worker, but his grandmother forbade it. Washington DC 20001 Telephone: 202-833-7000, . Dave Reaves, O'Rourke's successor, similarly praised his former boss, calling him a friend and mentor. Reithel describes hunting, the outdoors and their German Sheppard, Gianna, as his "relaxation passions." IBEW > Education As hard as it is to step aside, I am confident that the IBEW remains in good hands.. Part of what we fight for is a retirement you have time to enjoy. The couple was also convicted of embezzlement of a labor union asset, six counts for Brian and three for Marilyn, which each carry a maximum sentence of five years in federal prison. Client Representative Job Fort Worth Texas USA,Management When he took the helm in October 2014, after 13 years as business manager of San Francisco Local 6 and two years as an international representative, the district had roughly 128,00 members across California, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, northern Idaho, Alaska and Hawaii. International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers - Union Facts "When I heard that Dave was asked to be a rep, I said, 'If there was anybody made for that job, it was Dave,'" said Local 223 Business Manager Doug Nelson, who's known Fenton since their time working together in the '90s. There are _____ International Executive Council Districts in the IBEW. "I took great pride in always seeking to improve on what we had. "And he's an even better person in general.". IBEW DISTRICTS: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | IBEW CANADA, Agreement Approval Dave Phillips - International Representative - International The Membership Development Department : The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Membership Development Department is committed to improving the lives of North America's electrical workers and their families. We will electrify everything: cars, ports, buildings and so much more. Myles was first appointed to the IEC in 2005, elected in 2006, and re-elected at the next three IBEW International Conventions. Stephenson was finishing his second term as business manager in 2002 when he was appointed international representative assigned to the Sixth District. OConnor was appointed IBEW International Representative assigned to the Sixth District staff in January 1987. . We represent 40,000 members in Pennsylvania, and of that, roughly 8,000 members work in the electric utility and telecommunications fields. Phone: (609) 426-9702. "We're at just the tip of the iceberg with it," Reaves said. PDF Labor Agreement Between Local Union No. 46 International - Ibew46 Contact Us | Email: [email protected]. Delegates to the 40th International Convention unanimously elected him to a full term later that year. His path to the IBEW started with a job in the oil and gas industry after college. Led by Business Manager LeRoy Chincio Jr., Local 1260 is focused on serving the locals membership, negotiating fair contracts and improving the lives of working people across Hawaii and Guam. "He's extremely savvy and smart, but he's also humble. Stay up to date on the Code of Excellence SPARQ newsletter here! That hasnt changed, just the size of my family, Cooper said. We also serve the transportation industry . Our Mission Delegates to the 38th International Convention elected him to a full term in September 2011 and re-elected him in 2016 at the 39th International Convention in St. Louis, Missouri. For these reasons, the IBEW Membership Development Department is dedicated to advancing the legacy of our founders: joining North Americas electrical workers in a common organization to make a better life for all. Expressing her gratitude for the opportunity to personally experience and participate in the U.S. political system, Luiz says, "The best part of the job was conducting training sessions where I met so many dedicated union members who were excited to make change, even in difficult places like the South.". Rocketreach finds email, phone & social media for 450M+ professionals. International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers is a company that operates in the Nonprofit Organizations industry. I'm proud to be her friend and IBEW sister," says International Representative Kelly Foster, who worked with Luiz at the water district and followed her onto the Ninth District staff. Lonnie and Dawn have earned this time together and I join every IBEW member across North Americain wishing that theirs is long, happy and healthy., Copyright 2023 by IBEW Mail: 900 Seventh Street, NW, Washington, D.C., 20001. He has often said his decisions have been motivated by his deep gratitude for the stability and opportunity he found through the IBEW. This was never about me, but about all of us working together as a team to make the IBEW bigger, stronger and more effective for improving the lives of our members and future members. The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Membership Development Department is committed to improving the lives of North Americas electrical workers and their families. Contact. These meetings were all deemed as "off the record." After two days of trying to negotiate an agreement we ended with no resolution. Telecommunications Bilingual Full-Time Service Representative I (English/Spanish)(Fresno The Supreme Court imposed right-to-work on the entire public sector workforce in 2018 and in 2020, the COVID-19 global health emergency silenced offices, factories, call centers, construction sites and schools. As director, Fenton oversees a staff of 17 that processes the monthly reports from locals. Ibew Anchorage, Alaska postal code 99503. The Electrical Worker Online - ibew.org "He pushes people to get out of their comfort zones and asks them to find ways to do more, but he's always there for you.". The officers, staff and members of the IBEW thank Brother O'Rourke for his years of dedicated service and wish him a happy and healthy retirement. 5. Use this form if you want an organizer to contact you. Good was never good enough. On behalf of the officers, staff and membership, we wish Sister Luiz a long, healthy and happy retirement. Personnel 85% feel they are paid fairly. "Dave is one of the most committed IBEW members I've ever met," said Louis Spencer, who preceded Fenton as Per Capita Department director and is now assistant to the international president and deputy chief of staff. In 2017, through his persistence and leadership, the IBEW celebrated one of the biggest organizing wins in its 125-year history when 1,418 Baltimore Gas and Electric Employees voted to be represented by our great brotherhood. The monthly newspaper of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, representing 750,000 workers throughout the United States and Canada. "We made believers out of a lot of them. Notification to the I.O. International Representative for the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. IST Cooper also spearheaded NEBFs investment in $650 million of infrastructure and private equity funds that generated superior investment returns and created jobs in the electrical industry. "Additionally, we're looking to build certifications for some of the new technologies to make sure that work is done by IBEW members.". Ross Galbraith is an International Representative working with 11 progressive IBEW local unions in Atlantic Canada. International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers - IBEW As a member of the IBEW, you can negotiate with your employer for better wages and benefits, fair treatment, a safe working environment and a harassment-free workplace. My name is Kris Anderson and I work as an International Representative for the IBEW's 3rd District. Only a fool would try to deprive working men and working women of their right to join the union of their choice. "Art showed me the path.". Privacy Statement, The IBEW represents approximately 775,000 active members and retirees, who work in a wide variety of fields, including utilities. John O'Rourke, hailed as a collaborative, kind and driven leader who steered a surge in West Coast membership and signatory contractors, retired March 1 as Ninth District international vice president. A musician, his father also performed with the Anchorage Symphony Orchestra and went on to work in the construction industry while his mother worked in the school system and raised their four children. Together, those four bills represent a changing of the tides in the American economy. Zachary Kotai Local 2003 Business Manager Montreal QC . Al Davis Email & Phone Number - IBEW Local | ZoomInfo ", A long list of other tactics for growth includes "capturing EV buildout, solar, offshore wind, battery storage, grid modernization and upgrade work, and providing any workforce training needed," he said. Previously, Ryan was a Foreman at Sweney Electric. IBEW International President Announces Retirement - tEDmag A native of San Diego, Sister Luiz was working for the Eastern Municipal Water District in Southern California when, in 1994, workers in an independent employees association at the utility approached the IBEW for representation. When Ruhmkorff retired in 2022, the International Executive Council appointed Noble to fill the vacancy, just a few weeks before Chicago and the Sixth District were set to host the IBEW's 40th International Convention. Login 11-year member Glen Bernard, First Responder Gas Crew Lead, PG&E San Rafael Service Center. 900 Seventh Street, N.W. Glen Bernard. Login International President. ", Reithel added: "He's like a tool partner in the field. He addition to his love of team sports, he is also an avid outdoorsman whose pastimes include hiking, skiing, hunting and camping. | Under Luiz's leadership, union membership grew from 33 percent to 70 percent, which opened the door for a successful campaign and vote for agency shop status. It employs 5,001-10,000 people and has $250M-$500M of revenue. On July 15, IBEW 11's newly elected officers took the oath of office before a crowd of over 250 members and their families at the Pasadena Convention Center. "My vision going forward is continuing that, pushing the limits of where we can go as the IBEW.". It earned an average investment return of 7.2%, placing the NEBF in the nation's top ten percent of Taft-Hartley pension plans during his time in office. ", Noble agreed. International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, AFL-CIO, CLC 900 Seventh Street, N.W. Per Capita Membership "Taking care of members is exactly what I wanted to do," Spencer said.
Texas Timber Company Hunting Leases, Articles I