This news trickled out after it was noted by Kendra Stabler Moyes, daughter of late Raiders QB and 2016 Hall of Fame inductee Ken Stabler. I've often said, If I had one drive to win a game to this day, and I had a quarterback to pick, I would pick Kenny. If he was good enough to go into the Hall of Fame this year, he should have been in there right after he retired.. Alabama Pays Tribute to Kenny Stabler Prior to LSU Game According to the Concussion Legacy Foundation, Stabler was the seventh quarterback and the 90th of 94 former NFL players whose brains were examined at Boston University and found to have CTE. Dr. Ann McKee, professor of neurology and pathology at Boston University, examined Stablers brain and diagnosed him with CTE. Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. Rose Stabler also has a colorful past, one that includes telling one media outlet Ken threw her out of a moving car but telling another outlet on the same 1986 day that the couple was doing fine. In July, an arrest warrant was issued after she failed to appear for a hearing in Mobile, Ala. RIP K.S #LEGEND. Kirk and his parents, who also reside in Scottsdale, Arizona, are. On Wednesday morning, the New York Times announced that doctors in. He was very happy doing that stuff. Stabler compiled a collegiate starting record of 28-3-2, including a dominating 34-7 victory against Nebraska in the 1967 Sugar Bowl to be named the game's most valuable player. My favorite Raiders tweet of all time - Silver And Black Pride It was the only Pro Bowl game played at the Orange Bowl. When he moved out here, we were super grateful to have him attend every game. * 21+ (19+ CA-ONT) (18+ NH/WY). No jacket, no ring. Kendra Stabler Moyes (@KendraSMoyes) December 28, 2015 Tom Hanks is legitimately one of the coolest dudes on the planet. We knew he was loved, we did, but it wasnt until he passed and the outpouring of support that we received that it really hit us, Marissa said. Former Alabama, Raiders quarterback Ken Stabler dies at 69 Kendra Moyes 's birthday is 06/16/1970 and is 52 years old. (Photo courtesy Kendra Stabler Moyes), Jack and Justin Moyes pose with their late grandfather Ken Stabler. At his request, his brain and spinal cord were donated to Boston University's Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy Center to support research for degenerative brain disease in athletes. I would have loved for him to have been there to be a part of that, Marissa said of the tribute. We announce with great sadness that our father, Ken Stabler, passed away Wednesday, July 8 as a result of complications associated with colon cancer. That was in direct contrast to the account offered by Rose Stabler, who dabbed tears as she recounted her marriage to Ken, who died on July 8 at age 69 of colon cancer. Stabler is survived by his three daughters, Kendra Stabler Moyes, Alexa Stabler and her fiance Hunter Adams and Marissa, and two grandchildren, Jack and Justin Moyes, who he called his "grand . It was a heavy burden to carry.. He threw more interceptions than touchdowns in nine of his 15 seasons, but only had one losing record on notoriously bad knees. Ken Stabler Won't Be Given Jacket, Ring by Pro Football Hall of Fame Saturday was a fitting tribute to the Stabler as Derrick Henry and Alabama ran in the mud to pound LSU, 30-16; a nod to Stablers most famous play in an Alabama jersey, the 47-yard Run in the Mud to defeat Auburn in the 1967 Iron Bowl. The 1974 NFL MVP led the Raiders to the Super Bowl XI title and five straight conference title games. What they didn't. Rest in Peace, Snake. "I was the love of his life, and he was of mine.". He was a cherished member of the Raider family and personified what it means to be a Raider. We recommend moving this block and the preceding CSS link to the HEAD of your HTML file. We are grateful for the tremendous love and support from friends and fans. On Wednesday morning, the New York Times . The Stablers are doing everything in their power to make sure their fathers legacy lives on. That was his home. Among those in attendance being honored were Stabler's three daughters Kendra Stabler Moyes, Alexa Stabler and Marissa Stabler, along with Moyes' husband Scott and their two sons, Justin and Jack . He is the father of my 2 adult daughters. Raiders, NFL honor memory of late Ken "The Snake"Stabler, Silver Minings: Josh McDaniels receives poor grade in NFLPA survey, The union surveyed players about their organization and coaching staff, Ageless linebacker remains a stout defender and can provide Las Vegas a productive leader on defense, Raiders will give Josh Jacobs the franchise tag, That will keep rushing king in Las Vegas in 2023, NFL combine Day 4 recap: QBs speak, DL and LBs Raiders fans should know about, Some athletic freaks and sound bites from the QBs. We announce with great sadness that our father, Ken Stabler, passed away Wednesday, July 8 as a result of complications associated with colon cancer. Stabler's daughter to 'betrayed' Raiders fan: Don't burn dad's jersey "He is survived by his three daughters Kendra Stabler Moyes (husband, Scott), Alexa (fianc, Hunter Adams) and Marissa; his grandsons Jack and Justin Moyes; sister Carolyn Bishop; nephew Scott. Stablers mind also began to fail him. Rose Stabler was Ken Stabler's third wife. Family's Statement on the Passing of Ken Stabler. by Boston University, which has found C.T.E. My Dad deserves it, dead or alive! Kendra Stabler-Moyes proud of her dad, Ken Stabler 1,671 views Apr 11, 2016 9 Dislike Share Save Pro Football Hall of Fame 7.5K subscribers Kendra Stabler-Moyes talks about her dad, Ken. Kendra C Moyes, 52 - Scottsdale, AZ - Reputation & Contact Details - MyLife The Stablers had held it together up until that point. He wanted to make a difference in the lives of others in both life and death. Its so weird being here without dad, Kendra said. According to Stabler's daughter, Kendra Stabler-Moyer, the Hall told Stabler's longtime girlfriend, Kim Ross-Bush, that the policy of not giving a ring or a jacket is in place for a reason. Raiders legend Cliff Branch will get Hall of Fame ring on Sunday We didnt have a lot of time to deal with it. He led Foley High School to a 29-1 record during his high school career before joining Paul "Bear" Bryant at the University of Alabama,. Ken Stabler Dead: Raiders Quarterback Was 69 - The Hollywood Reporter When questioned about Stablers ring, Kendra tweeted that her family and father wont be receiving a ring. Funeral Arrangements are pending. Recently, Jeff Miller, the NFLs vice president of health and safety, told a congressional roundtable that certainly a link exists between football and CTE. Public File for KMAX-TV / Good Day Sacramento. Kendra Stabler-Moyes proud of her dad, Ken Stabler - YouTube Kendra Stabler Moyes - Vice President - LinkedIn Kendra Stabler (@StablerKendra) / Twitter We believe there is a genetic component to the long-term damage resulting from sustaining multiple concussions.. In March 2015, as Stabler continued to struggle, he left Arizona and moved to Gulfport, Mississippi, to fight the disease near his home state of Alabama, with his partner Kim Bush by his side. Si vous souhaitez personnaliser vos choix, cliquez sur Grer les paramtres de confidentialit. #WeAllDid. He said as the officers tried to contact . Im grateful to an extent that it didnt get to a point where you read about some of these players and how bad it gets for them and their families.. Theyre also going to campaign to ensure their father makes it into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I can't wait to play this season for you and make you proud. Then theres Kim Bush, Stablers longtime companion and trusted friend. Stabler threw the 1st OT TD pass in NFL postseason history (in 1977 against the Colts). He quietly battled Stage 4 colon cancer since being diagnosed in February 2015. while twice leading the league in touchdown passes and completion percentage. I am not only fighting for my Dad but for ALL families of deceased PFHOF inductees. Kendra Stabler (daughter of Ken Stabler) to Scott Moyes. Children: 2 Kenney's passing and its timing mark the end of an era in Alabama. The Halls official Twitter account tweeted a picture of the ring awarded to living inductees from the Chicago Bears. Ken Stabler, who led the Oakland Raiders to a Super Bowl victory and was the NFL's Most Valuable Player in 1974, has died as a result of complications from colon cancer. Ken Stabler: A life well lived, a Hall of Fame honor long overdue With his health declining in 2014, Stabler wanted to be closer to the boys and their mother, so he moved to the Valley and spent his final year in Arizona with the people who made him happiest. With all the crap we went through, I never, ever felt he did not love me and he knew that, too, she said, sitting in the dining room of a townhouse she bought in 2014, displaying on her table a photograph of Ken when he played for the New Orleans Saints. Schakowsky repeated the question, Is there a link?, Tuesday, NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy released a statement to multiple media outlets, including PBS Frontline, saying, The comments made by Jeff Miller yesterday accurately reflect the view of the NFL.. Yes, seriously. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Advance Local. Stabler was found to have suffered from chronic traumatic encephalopathy in a postmortem examination of his brain. Why not before? Stabler Moyes asked. "Grandsnakes" Help Induct Ken Stabler to Hall of Fame A Pittsburgh Steelers draft day trade could prevent the New York Jets from landing one of their true top offensive line targets. The NFL reached a multimillion dollar settlement with thousands of plaintiffs in a class-action suit over brain injury, but Stablers family didnt benefit because his CTE was discovered after April 22, 2015. Alexa has channeled those attributes into being a lawyer in the Mobile area. He is survived by his three daughters Kendra Stabler Moyes (husband, Scott), Alexa (fiance, Hunter Adams) and Marissa; His grandsons Jack And Justin Moyes; Sister Carolyn Bishop; Nephew Scott Bishop; and great nephew and niece Tayler and Payton Bishop. He was 69. Years later, that story stuck with the younger Dean as he was the one who called his father to tell him the news of Stablers death. It was a dumb throw, one I probably never should have made, he said. When Jack and Justin were younger, Stabler Moyes said her father visited the Valley and often came to Grayhawk Elementary School in Scottsdale. . He made sure I had a sweater or umbrella. Living up to his devil-may-care persona, Stabler told The Post in a 2001 story that the play shouldnt have happened. A little-known but quite odd rule of the Pro Football Hall of Fame was thrust to the forefront last week, after Kendra Stabler Moyes, the daughter of Ken Stabler, shared on Twitter that she and . "That has been a theme ever since they divorced. Marissa Stabler, Stablers baby girl, got his free spirit. As I got older, I started to pay more attention to that kind of stuff, Justin said. Ken Stabler Dead: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com Friends, family honor the legacy of Ken Stabler - Montgomery Advertiser Lincoln woman arrested after she clawed officer in the face, police say The last game Stabler attended in Bryant-Denny Stadium was the 9-6 LSU victory in the 2011 Game of the Century. He would later see his beloved Tide get revenge in the BCS National Championship Game. 2023 Cronkite News. Our lives were like an everyday American family., Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. While Stabler-Moyes said the family did receive a framed crest that is emblazoned on the gold jackets, she is less than satisfied . Odds & lines subject to change. Stabler was a plaintiff in the original suit against the NFL, but Kendra Stabler Moyes saidher father joined the class-action lawsuit to support his peers "because his name carried weight.". #RIP Snake. Tom Hanks pens note to NFL legend Ken Stabler's daughters