British officials, suspicious of Hale's school-teacher facade, pretended to be Patriots and succeeded in convincing him to reveal his espionage (spy) activities. SOLD JUN 14, 2022. 1865 - 1880 . Nathan was a popular teacher among the students though controversial among some adults. Resend Activation Email. Does anyone know or is related to an Eric Hale, in Illinois, or an Allan Hale (location ?) CPL Me A 21-year-old man prepared to meet his death for honor and country. He graduated with honors from Yale University in 1773. Enoch remained in Westhampton all his life and is buried here. Nathan Hale (1743 - 1780) - Genealogy - Family Tree & Family History at Try again later. We will review the memorials and decide if they should be merged. Captain Nathan Hale Born 6 Jun 1755 in Coventry, Tolland, Connecticut Ancestors Son of Richard Hale and Elizabeth (Strong) Hale Brother of Samuel Hale, John Hale, Joseph Hale, Elizabeth (Hale) Taylor, Enoch Hale, Richard Hale, Billey Hale, David Hale I and Joanna (Hale) Howard Died 22 Sep 1776 at age 21 in New York, New York, United States http://nathanhalesociety.org/membership.htm, http://asteria.fivecolleges.edu/findaids/sophiasmith/mnsss90_bioghist.html. Historical records and family trees related to Nathan Haile. The map below shows the places where the ancestors of the famous person lived. Filer, John Has the genealogist traced back William H. P.s lineage? Today, statues of Nathan Hale can be seen at the Nathan Hale Homestead, Yale University, the Central Intelligence Agency (C.I.A. On 21 September he was arrested as a spy, probably in the vicinity of present-day LaGuardia Airport and taken to British headquarters in Manhattan. After the war, Samuel firmly denied any part in Nathans death. I hope you will carefully mind your studies that your time be not Lost and that you will mind all the orders of College with care and be sure above all forget not to Learne Christ while you are busy in other studies, Deacon Hale writes a few months after their arrival. Why, many scholars have wondered, would a spy carry his own identity papers? Could the Mayflower Hale/HALL/Haule have lost one or several of their Mass. in Coventry, Connecticut, USA , United States, Died on September 22, 1776 The Hale name is very common in the US, and youd probably have to hire a genealogist to trace your lineage. Id love to know which family member is your ancestor. NICHOLAS HALE.DESCENDANT OF GEORGE HALE, #10 ON THE SHIP SUPPLY By the time Boston was evacuated in March of 1776, Nathan had been promoted to captain. He was predeceased by : his grandsons, Mitchell Jr. and Christopher Hale; his siblings, Velma, Opal, Betty June, Joseph Jr., Harvey and Robert; and his brothers-in-law, Paul Diederich and Arnold Schweiss. 11822 31st Pl NE #B, Seattle, WA 98125 | MLS #2036348 | Zillow (2ND) PETER SANFORD Nathans father, Richard Hale, was a prosperous livestock farmer and built the house for his large family. I believe Robert Hale was the founder of this branch, and he did not come over on the Mayflower. I am familiar with and have begun to transcribe Enochs diary as excerpted by Sylvester Judd. My school is by no means difficult to take care of. His body was left hanging for a period of days as a warning to the rebels and was thrown into an unmarked grave. Surely they are.. View more property details, sales history and Zestimate data on Zillow. Patriot of the Revolutionary War, Nathan was hung as a spy. His quarterly bills indicate that he was charged for broken window glass and other damages, and he was once fined four shillings as Punishment. Nathan was active in debating and dramatic productions and organized the fraternitys library, even donating a copy of The Travels of Cyrus and the Spectator to the collection. You have chosen this person to be their own family member. Oops, we were unable to send the email. It's important to know that Captain hale was from archaic times before the modern ages which would mean CPT Hale would have to know that a Infantry NCO Second Lieutenant no exception))). I might be able to help you. MABLE SCHACK Research genealogy for Nathan Hale of Tyringham, Berkshire, Massachusetts, USA, as well as other members of the Hale family, on Ancestry. Failed to report flower. Nathans regiment was not directly involved in the fighting but may have played a role in ferrying the Americans back across the East River to New York after this defeat. Hale did not graduate first in his class but he was among the better scholars, graduating with 35 other young men on September 8, 1773. You can customize the cemeteries you volunteer for by selecting or deselecting below. You need a Find a Grave account to continue. He also drilled his men, played football and other games, and visited with friends. Although sold out of the Hale family in the 1820s, the house has remained virtually intact. John Hale (1636-1700) 9. Resend Activation Email, Please check the I'm not a robot checkbox, If you want to be a Photo Volunteer you must enter a ZIP Code or select your location on the map. Our family has personally updated them through the years in our personal records book with all documentations and letters that we have had throughout the years. Edit a memorial you manage or suggest changes to the memorial manager. Constructed in 1776, the current house is the second dwelling built on the property. Our family history also says we are collateral descendants from pre-rev days. Nathan Hale, America's first spy, was dead. Nathan Hale (1818 - 1871) Nathan. based on information from your browser. Details of Hales espionage activities and capture are scant, though he almost certainly traveled around Long Island taking copious notes of British movements and fortifications just before his discovery. Hales comprise a huge family. He went on to become a well known physician in Boston, working to establish the Lying In Hospital for Indigent Women (later became Brigham & Womens Hospital). Nathan Hale | American Revolutionary War officer | Britannica Nathan was the sixth child, one of nine sons and three daughters, ten of whom survived to adulthood. Click on thumbnails of manuscript for enlargement. Nathan Hale (1921 - 1969) - Biography and Family Tree Nathan married Abigail Hale (born GROUT) on month day 1766, at age 22 at marriage place. His great grandfather, Joseph Strong Sr. Is my 8th great grandfather! Nathan Hale 1720-1775 - Ancestry CORRECTION.. MARY BALL AND HANNAH BALL WERE BOTH DAUGHTERS OF JOSEPH BALL, BUT THEY HAD DIFFERENT MOTHERS. Numbers in this Colony, and likewise in the western part of Connecticut, would be glad to imbrue their hands in their countrys Blood. katknit Nathan Hale Biography - Facts, Childhood, Family Life & Achievements love,sara, Any lineage information on Mary Maria Hale who married my GGG Grandfather John Filer/Fyler? David Hale, Sr.; Joanna Hale and Susannah Hale less. Family Tree Maker user home page for Daniel-M-Taylor-HI. At the gallows, in front of Artillery Park (present-day Third Avenue at 66th Street), Hale made a sensible and spirited speech, among others things making a perfectly apt reference to a famous play by Joseph Addison about giving up ones life for liberty. Remembered for his oft quoted words, "I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country." An email has been sent to the person who requested the photo informing them that you have fulfilled their request, There is an open photo request for this memorial. The memories of his colleagues about what happened, mostly recorded decades later, are of uncertain value. Little detail is known about Nathans childhood but he certainly would have helped with the many farm and household chores and spent many happy hours hunting, fishing, and bathing in the nearby lake. One mention is having received Nathans belongings, including a bolt of cloth from which Enoch had some shirts made (in Northampton, MA). Learn more about merges. Thanks to whoever wrote this, it really helped me on my research paper for school. American Civil War, Mexican-American War, War of 1812, Soldier for the Continental Army during the American Revolutionary War, Born on June 06, 1755 Early life of an American Patriot Nathan Hale was born to a prominent Connecticut family in 1755 and attended Yale University (then known as Yale College) with hopes of becoming a teacher. Nathan Hale had many early life accomplishments. The account of Hales famous last wordswhich were inspired by a similar line in Joseph Addisons play Catocomes from British engineer John Montresor, who witnessed the execution. Thank you for fulfilling this photo request. Childhood & Early Life. PHOTOGRAPHY, FAMILY HISTORY and LIFE IN GENERAL, Navigare con attenzione, il Blog si sbriciola facilmente. If you notice a problem with the translation, please send a message to [emailprotected] and include a link to the page and details about the problem. The Agency, steeped in tradition, holds to the legend that placing a quarterwhich bears the face of Washington whom Hale served underaround Hales statue will ensure the safety of officers preparing to leave for an assignment. Do you know if Nathan Hales mother, Elizabeth Strong was related to Selah Strong from Setauket, Long Island? They were engaged in a holding action, a stalemate, with the British occupying the city and the Americans surrounding them. The family tree for Nathan Hale should not be considered exhaustive or authoritative. Hear a rumour t(hat) Capt Hale belonging the east side Connecticut river near Colchester who was educated at College was seed to hang on t(he) enemies lines at N York being taken as a spy or reconnoitring t(heir) camphope it is without foundationsomething troubled at it sleep not ver y well., October 14 Accounts from my brother t(he) Capt are indeed melancholly!That about the 2d week of Sept. he went to Stanford crossed to long Island(Doct Waldo writes) & had fin(s\ished) his plan but before he could get off was betrayed taken & hanged without ceremony! i am also related nathan i just recently figured out. I am not satisfied with what I have found during seven years of 8 hrs per day searching for anything that may bring the parents of our William R Hall to light. He was the sixth of his parents' children. He was a spy for the Continental Army during the American Revolutionary War, who was captured by British troops and executed 2 days later. Research genealogy for Nathan Hale of Rindge, Cheshire County, New Hampshire, USA, as well as other members of the Hale family, on Ancestry. Are you sure that you want to delete this memorial? I was told i was related to nathan hale does anyone know if his family connects to the last name york? I have always been told she was a decendent of the Hale family. Richard Hale (1717-1802) 3. My Name is Herbert Thomas Hale, Ive traced my family to Batesville Arkansas and also into Tenn. there is a book at the Batesville Arkansas Museum in Independence County that claims my 3rd Great Grandfather, Dr. William PA Hail is the Great grand nephew of Nathan Hale and I need supporting documents. A decisive victory for the Americans, a skirmish known as the Battle of Harlem Heights, in which Nathans commander officer, Thomas Knowlton was killed and several of Nathans own brothers were engaged, had just taken place, on September 16. Failed to delete memorial. My GGGGgrandfather is Maj. Samuel Hale. In what way do you recommend I go about this? There were 5 different branches in CT alone during the early days.
Dr Teal's Sleep Bath With Melatonin Safe For Pregnancy, Clegherns Piggly Wiggly Menu, Indoor Plants That Absorb Negative Energy, Avant Take Home Assessment, Articles N