Elitist, and Impractical and expensive for the average woman. Education matters. Before Pinterest and the internet, references came from books, museums and other sources. Would ve been a story if lower or middle class girls had made it. Later when my family moved to Singapore, I had the opportunity to move there, but I decided to stay here, says the warm and very energetic Salina Taqi. If the government doesnt step in and legitimate people keep getting hurt, they will say it is not worth it. SH: This happens. Sana Safinaz contact info: Phone number: +92 21111003005 Website: www.sanasafinaz.com What does Sana Safinaz do? Coming back to work after such a long period, however, left her at a disadvantage against her colleagues but she was determined to catch up. I decided to go to US for training and when you went into residency, for every 6 men there was maybe one woman taken in, she explains. Salina has also launched Salina Cosmetics which is an all organic beauty product range. That was such a challenge for me, to become something that matches up to the expectations and successes of the rest of the women I am surrounded by, Seveen proclaims. Sana Hashwani Profiles | Facebook SM: When you see someone walking down the street wearing your print, it gives you a high, because you realise that you can actually determine and change fashion. And after him, we will pass the baton to another person and we realize that succession plans are a key component of work. Sana and Safinaz introduced the concept of lawn as formalwear, introducing chiffon, silk and net dupattas to dress it up. Keep checking this space for updated trends, products and what's in store related information! Mohsin (Ali Tawasuli) is the person who passes stuff for us. SM: You have to keep on tweaking the model because it is not a science that has been worked out in Pakistan. "One of the recipes for success is failure as well," Sana is honest to admit. Running a business in Pakistan is a challenge in itself. A: So it is contained? The onus is on us. But Im not. It was quite a dilemma since Mehr was pregnant with her second child and had to give time to family, but the opportunity was too good to pass. sana hashwani corona test . According to rebel TV, Sana Hashwani's Coronavirus was discovered when her test came out positive. She advises young women to be financially independent since its essential for personal growth. Its something we have to change. "Maybe cosmetics, different things from our retail points of view because now we have a network that allows us to do more. When the mother works, it reflects in the mindset of her children.. I meet new people, encounter new struggles every day, the learning curve is beyond amazing.. I dont ever want to disappoint them, explains Sehr when talking about her ambitions. She also loves spending time with her husband, we are one team, once a week we have date night.. A: After prt are you contemplating another big project? Sadruddin Hashwani - Pakpedia She had learnt her lesson. Simple things work., Living in Karachi, were all aware of city conditions and how calm can turn into chaos in a matter of minutes. That is quite unbelievable if you think about the overcrowded marketplace designers stand and compete in today. She has chosen the CEO of an upcoming hotel brand in Pakistan, the Editor of Paperazzi, a Yogi turned entrepreneur, a highly dedicated surgeon, a PR Guru, a fashion designer, a versatile professor of Art at IVS, a Chartered Accountant who is the COO of AKU facilities and last of all Karachis most well known Makeup Artists and Entrepreneur, Bina Khan. Im basically responsible for 236 lab specimen collection units from Karachi through to Gilgit, 11 stat labs spread through the country, one tertiary lab at stadium road campus, and 12 outpatient medical centers in Karachi, Rawalpindi and Lahore.. According to Shagufta these goals should include financial and emotional independence since they are the two most important elements of life for a woman. When we started off, we were the new kids on the block; there was Shamaeel, Rizwan and Faiza. Looking back at moments like these, Shagufta feels indebted to her mother for everything she did for her during this time. She doesnt use her phone much and takes a break from social media. After her evening yoga sessions, she spends half an hour in a nice long bubble bath which helps her unwind and rejuvenate. But with Paperazzi they changed their pace completely. SANA HASHWANI: We love both the business and the design aspect. When I did it, that moment gave me power and courage. [7] Then 18 years ago we went into lawn and five years ago we started doing lawn totally on our own. What is the use of it? Great ladies,Great job done.A big lesson for all our young girls.You can do everything.just learn from Sana Safinas to do big jobs.Both ladies deserve National award for creativity, We saw that no one else was doing designer lawn, so we took it on ourselves and took the brand from X to Y. Interiors is something we do out of passion. Be proud to be brown! The soft spoken and the very beautiful Sadaf believes that in todays fast paced life, it does not make any sense for a woman to be dependent on her male counterpart for monetary support. The CEO of Nishat Hotels and Properties, this young mother is successful, patient and extremely down to earth. The ministry set trade schools in the right areas, where eager girls would come to learn. From my mother to my sisters and my cousins, everyone has been doing great things. They wont. "We are sharing Sana Hashwani's test results in order to dispel the rumours that she has Covid19. Explore Sana-Hashwani profile at Times of India for photos, videos and latest news of Sana-Hashwani. We have just entered the prt field and it is a tremendous challenge. Their position is professionally very strong. It is a time when fame and fortune is favouring the commercial favourites as opposed to the creative experts. AURORA: How do you perceive SANA SAFINAZ as a brand? She was much older and that allowed her to become calmer and wiser. Her field was male dominated but she had faith in her capabilities and knew she was as good, if not better, than her male colleagues. In 1985, Hashwani made a successful bid for the majority shares of Pakistan Services Limited, which then owned four Inter-Continental Hotels across Pakistan, the hotels were re-branded as Pearl-Continental Hotels. I would say that one secret to their success is the fact that they do everything tastefully; women of all ages look at Sana and Safinaz and want to be them. Sana has been blessed with incredible support from her family, friends, and husband. Its not about money, its about usefulness., Bina is all about self-care. When Safi places an order for lace, the shopkeeper is happy because she has bought his entire supply. Until recently, we were completely hands-on and did everything ourselves, but we have realised this will not work anymore. We never think ahead of ourselves; we take one step a time. It was like climbing a mountain. Sana Hashwani of Sana Safinaz does not have coronavirus I remember I worked from day 1. Your children are your extension, something tangible that you leave behind in the world. Theres a lot of competition in the market for bridal wear and everyone is doing a really good job; that client now has got 10 people she can go to. "Of course we do," says Sana. Karachista | Pakistani Fashion & Lifestyle Mag, Karachi Eat 2017 the good, the bad and the ugly, Wedding wear on a budget an insiders guide to fabrics and craftsmanship in Karachis Bazaars, Weaving Green Pakistans first sustainable fashion line by Sapphire, Local teens give back with innovative educational games, LSA 2020 the Lux Style Awards 2020 go virtual but dont skimp on the glam, Breaking Barriers-Behind the Veil of Coke Studio With Zara Madani. SM: No. Especially for girls in this misogynistic society. I used to be on a call every other night, so Id leave home at 5 am and Id come home the next day at about 2-3 pm. Before, I would worry about the gender and looks of the baby. We followed our instincts and they were spot on. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. I start very early in the morning to make sure I complete all the tasks I am supposed to for the day which includes giving quality time to my boys. According to rumors, Owner of Clothing brand Sana Safinaz, Sana Hashwani, and her kids are tested positive for coronavirus. There are always projects, opportunities. It was especially important for her considering both her areas of work are very different from each other. We are the only premier luxury retailer offering elegant ready-to-wear & fashion fabrics, tastefully printed and embroidered along with avant-garde silhouettes for the modern woman. In 1978, he launched the Holiday Inn hotel in Karachi in 1981 and later in Islamabad. You will all grow. We started when the industry was at zero. KARACHI: In an exclusive interview with . When you are young, you are fearless; you are at the beginning of things and you experiment. A: But it was your time with Lakhany Mills that made your name. Hashwani took to Instagram to confirm that she had tested negative for the virus. Sana has managed to sail through, learn a lot and its been an amazing journey so far. Apparel collections include but are not limited to Pret, Diffusion and Bridal Couture lines. Sana Hashwani has recently returned from the United Kingdom. Why are you asking a racist, I want to ask her?". Do they ever think anything is enough? We started retail, not knowing a thing about it. Mehrs children are her little miracles. 30 (2019) Area served. A long story of the reason for infection was also shared on social media. Being a mother is hard work. A: How organised is the fashion industry? Dont they worry about being plagiarized, as the copycat culture has snowballed in the past decade or so, with the countrys major designers worried about the lack of regulations when it comes to intellectual copyrights. Women unnecessarily make themselves go through the guilt of not doing enough. I dont think the government realises the severity of the problem copying is a huge issue; it is an industry wide problem. Sana Hashwani Safinaz Muneer: Headquarters: Karachi, Pakistan. We outgrew them. Sana rocked this off-shoulder crme printed tunic with a pair of straight black pants. Its something that makes her day. If you start thinking like that, youll be able to figure out your way through any situation. What is important for her is to strive for progress and not perfection. She is someone who values the lessons life has to teach. They have to be quite serious, have to be more composed, and not kid around. . Mehr recalls that once the binding of the magazine wasnt done properly and it was falling apart and I was having a panic attack. (KHI) +92-21-3561-3066/7 Haroon House Dr. Ziauddin Ahmed Road Karachi, 74200 But seeing how Mehr has tackled every challenge thrown her way so far, we are convinced that she is going waltz her way to many bigger successes. Iqraa believes that with changing times, standing up on your own feet is imperative for every man and woman. SH: And a very exciting one. If youre trying to be on a level playing field with men, I think young girls need to gather themselves and have the confidence to ask for equal treatment. [1] In 2014, they celebrated their Silver Jubilee on completion of 25 years of their retailing history. ", "A lot of people dont have the kind of liquid cash, of 2 lacs or more, that a customized bridal costs these days," Safinaz explains further. She convinced her family to put marriage on the backseat temporarily while she studied to become a Chartered Accountant. There are no tried and tested processes, and unlike other fields where once the formula is worked out, you can keep doing it 24/7/365, we have to reinvent ourselves five times a day. However, while going back to your roots brings to you a sense of familiarity and comfort, it has its own challenges. The fine-line comes when the design is copyrighted or if you use the design of a living artist. I am the face of bridal. "Were a population of 210 million people, you will all find your niche. However, the company was nationalised in 1973. Sana Nawaz Biography The elegant lady is also a very beautiful model and actress. "We just love what we do," says Sana Hashwani, as she sits down with a cup of black coffee. Sana Safinaz are true innovators and trailblazers in all their business and creative endeavors and have set the bar high for the business of fashion in Pakistan. Sanas fashion sense speaks for itself, having been in the industry for the past 25 years, she has dedicated time toher studio working tirelessly to create the perfect piece of attire. She remembers once she spent the whole day working and setting up the juice bar with her partner without having eaten at all, which made her literally black out. Fashion fades, only style remains the same. What part of your business excites you the most? I do sometimes like taking my time off but for me the best thing to do is to have a nice day out with my children so we can all have a good time together. I am really excited by design because right now you have these tremendous school of kids coming out. Men dont think they need to take of their skin but its just dirt and must be cleaned up! Her magazine is something that has shaped her life. Tomorrow is my daughters 7th birthday and the first day of a fashion week. It was then that we started to think about doing lawn on our own. View Sana Hashwani's profile on LinkedIn, the world's largest professional community. While Sadaf feels going through the strenuous process of becoming a doctor was not that difficult, since she came from a family on doctors, getting into a male dominated field was a bit of a challenge. She begins each day with positive meditation, I sit up tall as soon as I wake up and count all my blessings, spend 5-10 minutes on just focusing on my body, breathing and being grateful. She is particular about giving time to herself and her family despite her busy schedule, which has taken a toll on Salinas social life, but shes clear about her priorities. That creates a nice balance and helps me unwind., While Iqraa always seems to be on the top of her game, she too, has had her moments of weakness. In the general populous there still isnt acceptance. She admits surgery is a difficult field to be in and balancing professional and personal life is not an easy task for a woman who decides to pursue it. President of Pakistan Arif Alvi conferred the award upon Hashwani at the Pakistan National Day ceremony on March 23, 2019, at the President's House in Islamabad.[9]. There is stability in our brand because Sana and I have been working consistently and until recently we have been doing this entirely on our own, and with no background in the field - just the love of fashion. We have always gone into things by telling each other that we could do it, and we made a success of it. View the profiles of people named Sana Hashwani. Linked companies : Jubilee General Insurance Company Limited - Landmark Spinning Industries Limited. SM: In retrospect I think that had we had business degrees we would have been savvier, although our baby steps toward the bigger picture worked for us. A: How do you escape this? Text Us @ 9095 (For Residents Of Pakistan Only). But we know we have to be resilient and go for it. It reaffirmed to me that I am capable of doing anything I want to. Thank you Shagufta for teaching us it is never too late to start anew, for teaching us to have faith in ourselves and embrace each challenge with a stride. Looking after 2 babies is difficult and sometimes weak moments take over when I want to give up, explains Sehr. They both broke up in 2020. I wouldnt have been here, giving this interview, if it wasnt for them.. Retail is a very tough business and it will take a long time to become solid. Looking back, this is the only thing Shagufta would change if she had the chance to create room for herself. @thuglife No. March 23, 2020 March 23, . I did my undergraduate degree from IVS so teaching there is such a great pleasure for me. They see we are committed to the brand; that we are moving forward, investing and building the brand. If we are careless as an industry, the impact is huge. This week, our Ponds Miracle Women mentor is Sana Hashwani, the co-owner of the high end fashion empire Sana Safinaz. And be the first to get updates on discounts, contests, products & promotions! Some moments are yours and should just be yours so I try and do that. Which has been sent to Quarantineh Center under preventive measures where she is undergoing treatment. Sadaf makes it a point to make up for the lost time later when she wraps up her work. Shes a super woman and my wonder woman.. May be they will in future. Sadaf explains how her mother had always set the bar very high for her and that has truly paid and made her who she is. People come by word of mouth. Sana and I have no knowledge of retail; we are learning day to day. Sana Safinaz Lawn Collection 2014 - 'A Combination of Two Designers' August 22, 2022; 0 Comments; Sana Hashwani and Safinaz Mureen. Due to her versatile nature she is well known among her fans across the country. I do everything I tell everybody else to do. Whatever you sell in an entire Year, one store of Khadi Gramodyog sells in a month. Read: "Khaadi's multinational ambitions" An interview with Shamoon Sultan. I was just like wow! This is precisely our reaction when we see Bina Khans transformational looks on brides. Good work. Sana and Safinaz on their 25 years in the industry, maintaining product quality, and dealing with copied designs. Good for them. Pakistani's popular clothing and accessories retailer Sana Safinaz on Monday condemned rumours that their CEO Sana Hashwani has contracted the novel coronavirus. Currently Sana is heading PR for Sana Safinaz while simultaneously being their brand representative for Outhouse Jewelry. There is no long hard work challenge story here. My husband is my backbone and lets me be the person that I am, she says. The statement came a day after . As far as her Miracle Moment is concerned, it was during her Masters degree when she was one of the 15 students who were chosen to showcase their thesis project to a wide audience at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London. Karachista is Pakistan's top news, entertainment, music fashion website. Now we feel we are standing at a precipice and we are scared. This is a one-on-one business; nothing is available from a store, because the minute we open a store, the market will be flooded with copies. SM: We are too young; just two and half years into it. Sadruddin Hashwani is a Pakistan based business magnate, author, and billionaire. You have to protect your business smartly. Therefore, to create work-life balance, she quit her demanding job at Sana Safinaz and decided to pursue her passion in arts through teaching just after she got married. Celebrity News Coronavirus Pakistan . Despite all her achievements, Shagufta is no stranger to self-doubt.
Glen Jakovich Daughter, Abandoned Campgrounds For Sale In Missouri, Temple University Summer Internships, Charlotte Tilbury Bronzer Dupe, John Saunders Westfield, Articles S